Home atmosphere

Anag Ram

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time post, so go easy :blink: . Thought that the SS were brilliant on Sunday. I was in the West stand (am I allowed in here?) about level with edge of 18 yard box towards the south end. Quick question though. I read that if away fans need more tickets, then ST holders would be asked to move for that game. Does that mean that they would all be split up all over stadium? Not sure I understand how you can ask a whole block or two to move. It's not as though there is going to be 2 empty blocks somewhere else is it?

I think we will be moved into the SW corner upper as this is an underpopulated area.

I think it'll be better next year because they'll either:

Give us the whole South Stand (yes please)

or

Lower the ticket prices for the SE corner, so we'll have some of the younger more rowdy fans from the rest of the ground will move into there. Would be better as we'd have larger singing numbers all along the South Stand and corner.

SS is very popular atm, which might mean the club will raise the prices there, then it'll be empty again. They'd do well to think twice if that's in the pipeline if they want to keep the atmosphere going.

Anyway, back on topic............

I hope the South Stand becomes more popular as the season goes on. If enough want to be part of a "kop" type end then the pressure on the club to give the whole South stand over to home fans will be unstoppable.

Stick the away fans where ever....its just logistics at the end of the day and lets have a proper "end".

I used to think what the Baseball Ground would have been like with one big terrace behind a goal - we had singers on the Popside, Ossie End and C Stand, at one point, yet I sometimes, (especially in the latter years of the old place), felt the atmosphere would have been unbelievable if we were all together.

Dislocated collar bone, went to horsepital but is now stable.....

sorry

:lol:

Hope the police get saddled with the bill. A sorry tail really.

SS is very popular atm, which might mean the club will raise the prices there, then it'll be empty again. They'd do well to think twice if that's in the pipeline if they want to keep the atmosphere going.

That corner will always be full, it suits the club's interest. If they don't think they're getting maximum revenue though, they will raise prices. They could easily get away with raising them a little bit - people will still pay it, especially if it becomes the most attractive place to watch the match.

There's a lot of clever people working out this sort of thing. Not to say they always get it right though!

It looked a bit dodgy when the horse trampled that steward. Hopefully he was ok.

it was a bit more than dodgy! Terrible policing and stewarding, before the game I was yards away from 100-150 Preston fans all trying to attack police and get to Blackpool fans and exactly the same after as well, more should have been done to prevent it all!

Interestingly at Middlesboro (our sister stadium) they have moved away fans this year to our East Stand equivalent.

Shows it can be done.

It can be done in any stadium, it is easier if there were infrastructure included in the original design. Maybe Middlesborough added the shutters user to segregate the concourse when they built their east stand which would make it easier for them than us.

Is their east stand two tiers like our west stand - that would make it easier too.

The segregation shutters argument by the club is so w@nk. In the terms of running a fairly large sized British football club, how they can justify that building 2 new shutters and a few cells is to expensive to switch the away fans to the SE corner is beyond me. 

Archived