Home atmosphere

Anag Ram

My first time in the new SS on Sunday and I enjoyed it. Definitely felt like an away game, being behind the goal and singing going on pretty much the whole game.

The sad thing for me was seeing all the empty seats around where I used to sit in East Stand lower. I recognised so many faces in the SS that it's obvious a hell of a lot of people have moved to save money. Especially as they changed the category of our old seats to be even more expensive. Was funny to see those in East Stand Lower getting soaked with rain at the start and then when the sun came out being blinded! Yeah definitely a much more expensive premium seat Derby! haha

The big question for me is how much will these SS tickets be next season??

I think they have the done the move in prep for a Safe Standing trial so the prices might stay lower. I hope they don't boost them up otherwise they could lose customers.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is, not only was it noisier in the south stand, but everyone else seemed more up for joining in. I sit in the east upper and people around me, some of whom never make a sound, were getting into it more. Even if it was just joining in with the clapping, it made a difference.

Granted a lot of it could be put down to first game excitement, but the atmosphere for the first half was loads better than it's been for a while.

I really enjoyed watching the old footage, so much better than the too loud rubbish music nobody likes, or more importantly, wants.

If the club could provide more past footage at every home game, it would be brilliant. I hope yesterday wasn't just a one off for the 125 years, that would be a shame.

It did make us cringe when 'Here's Johnny....' was shouted down the mic when he scored. Please don't do that again, the goal music is bad enough and should be gotten rid of, please don't subject us to that aswell. Imo that's overkill and the 'less is more' option should be used. Let the fans do what they do best here, please club.

Thought it went very well for the first game.

Still many things we need to improve on but it actually felt like an away game so guess that is a good feeling.

You know there is a buzz when you enter the concourse at -15 to kick off and fans are singing! Great to see.

Both TV and radio were about wetting themselves over it.

Leicester will be rocking in my honest opinion because they will give it some to us and we have to reply.

Who's feeling some scarves in there?

Just to add as well thats the best i have heard Dale Cavese in all its time at Pride Park. Not going to be sung all the time apart from maybe 10 minutes into second half but it seemed to pump everyone up.

Some of the classic songs are coming back but again its going to be time with it all to perfect.

Nick

Well I sit in the north stand and I thought straight away the noise was louder.

Sitting opposite me rather than in the corner mean't the sound travelled better, blimey we were even joining in with you at some points.

It will be interesting to see what will happen when that area starts to fill up as more of the supporters move over for the atmosphere because with Nick and his boys that area is just going to get bigger.

I also liked (and I know it's opposite to previous post) Steve Bloomers watching just before kick off, that actually helped build atmosphere as we all sang it. (Would still rather have the SS build it with songs though)

All in all a good start for the SS now it's just got to build

That Dale Cavese song is very cringey and has no relevance to a football match whatsoever.

It was loud though, i'll give you that.

i think some Ultra fan gangs might disagree with you.

The same gangs also rate Coutts.

I asked that question earlier when I popped into the ticket office, upto now they haven't been told any different from the "no" they got when the initial tickets were allocated Leicester.

Highly doubtful, I imagine with less than 2 weeks to go now it could become abit of a faff.

Would it make more sense to open abit of the SW upper up for away fans like we gave the Wendies last year?

That Dale Cavese song is very cringey and has no relevance to a football match whatsoever.

It was loud though, i'll give you that.

Think its easy to band the word cringey about all too often.

Some like, some dont. Same with any song that is sung.

It seemed to get alot of fans involved and if not sung too often is just one to slot in there. We are so limited on our songs its crazy!

Yes well done chaps. From the halfway line East Stand Lower the noise was muuuuch greater especially at the start and in the first half. The only time I heard the Blackburn fans was after they had scored. Good job - big improvement.

Nick - do me one favour slow down the wer are derby super derby chant.

There was one occasion yesterady where it was being sung and it appeared to be two different sections singing at different tempos, it meant tht the chant died off.

he's watching the game Dav not stood at the front with his back to the pitch waving a fookin baton. LOL!

Archived