Home atmosphere

Anag Ram

It's not ******. I've not come here to wum. Where I was sat in the sw corner, here didnt sound like much atmosphere first half compared to the second half. Either an acoustics engineer came and fixed the roof at half time or some cotton wool must have come out of my ears, because when we were on top it was loud.

Shouldn't we be giving the extra encouragement when the other team has the edge?

Im going for the cotton wool option - I was in the south stand and the first half it was as lous as the period just after the disallowed goal - in fact I have the opposite view to you and thought the atmosphere in the second half was worse tha nthe first - it went very quiet and dull at the start of the second half

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need the whole end. Need to break up the SE cosy tea party.

SnB, I sat in the West Stand a few times (keep a relative company when he wins tickets with his work) and its the worse place to hear the Derby lot. If you can hear them clearly it's usually safe to say its rocking in that corner. The away fans tend to block it travelling if they happen to sing up.

It's not a great place to gauge to SE noise. If you can hear them at all then there's decent noise there or silent away fans

We were in the north stand and could hear you well.

Could you do a few more repetitions? A couple of times, the rest of us began to join in when you were on 3rd/4th repeat - and then you stopped and so did everybody else!

From the East Stand you couldn't hear Blackburn at at all....maybe an odd chant near the end but thats about it. Was impressed with their charge across the netting when they scored though. Looked great until they realised they were getting close to the Derby fans then they just stopped and went back.

From the East Stand you couldn't hear Blackburn at at all....maybe an odd chant near the end but thats about it. Was impressed with their charge across the netting when they scored though. Looked great until they realised they were getting close to the Derby fans then they just stopped and went back.

They were very brave. I wonder which one was Sir Robin?

May I be the first to congratulate Derby County on the pre kick off rendition of "Steve Bloomers watching" which included video footage from way back and also Jim Smiths time etc.

A good touch, credit where credits due, I some times criticise the thinking of the club, but I will always tell them when they have done something good also.

Well done.

Some good deals on the concourse to to be fair.

I see we'll have to suffer the god-awful music after goals again.

Playing Jonny B. Goode after Russell scored was ultimately cringeworthy. It was horrible and thought it made us a laughing stock.

Atmosphere was good from the crowd when left to build, there was noise reverberating around the ground.

I remember the best atmosphere was in the Anglo-Italian cup at Cosenza, when we just sang Arthur Cox's Black and White Army for the whole of the second half...

Maybe find a song that fits and run with it. The simple ones are the best...

Agree with the comment on Steve Bloomer - nice video - lots of singing - it actually worked ! Credit to the club (and fans) on the South Stand move...much better.

However, agree too on the Johnny Russell music. I'm sorry, that was awful. Once he's scored 200 goals for the club, then just possibly, maybe he'll deserve his own music. Not after one penalty.

My first time in the new SS on Sunday and I enjoyed it. Definitely felt like an away game, being behind the goal and singing going on pretty much the whole game.

The sad thing for me was seeing all the empty seats around where I used to sit in East Stand lower. I recognised so many faces in the SS that it's obvious a hell of a lot of people have moved to save money. Especially as they changed the category of our old seats to be even more expensive. Was funny to see those in East Stand Lower getting soaked with rain at the start and then when the sun came out being blinded! Yeah definitely a much more expensive premium seat Derby! haha

The big question for me is how much will these SS tickets be next season??

Archived