Home atmosphere

Anag Ram

I know who you mean, he wears a blue/purple away kit from a few years back with "Forza Derby" on the back. Always shouts stuff like that. Funny guy. He's sat about half way down the upper tier but his voice is that loud I think you can probably hear him in Belper.

aye?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went the Preston v Blackpool game tonight, I know it's a local derby fuelled by hatred, but that atmosphere was amongst the best I've been to. Especially the mad scenes after the game! Fans on the pitch, a couple fighting on the pitch, fighting everywhere outside the stadium. Mayhem!

Who said modern day football is for families? Go'aaaarn lads. :D

Got no time for numpty knuckledraggers who brawl. What's the point of fighting? They're idiots who give fans a bad name.

Got no time for numpty knuckledraggers who brawl. What's the point of fighting? They're idiots who give fans a bad name.

not that type of lad myself, I couldn't fight my way past an old man in a corridor, I wouldn't urge people to do it either but the atmosphere at the stadium was fantastic! Shame about the hundreds of folk going after each other outside. Cracking and eventful night though!

Dale Cavese was the song sung in the second half. Only to be used during times of quietness but it does seem to get everyone going but like I say needs to be used sparingly.

We have permission for the drum to be in certain areas only. On an aisle for starters. Originally we have 2 seats booked on row C as that was all that were available but we liaise with the club on the matchday.

Decided not to use it first half and only do it second half. This seemed to work.

I really do think Leicester will set the tone for the season. We will see....

Not a fan of Drums personally.

Leicester should be a good atmosphere mind, also it must be the first time in a while that a Derby vs Leicester game is not on Sky.

Hopefully that's a good thing.

Purely to keep the rhythm and tempo.

Many commented that they could not actually hear the drum which is a good thing but in amongst the fans in the area it kept the tempo.

Purely to keep the rhythm and tempo.

Many commented that they could not actually hear the drum which is a good thing but in amongst the fans in the area it kept the tempo.

I don't normally like drums but it sounded pretty good to me in the east upper. Not overly loud and the lad seemed to actually have some rhythm!

There's still a lot of old women and nerds that just sit and winge and not add to the atmosphere, they've obviously just moved for the cheaper seats, they should be kicked out and replaced with singers!

easier said than done though eh, if the go ahead is given for safe standing the atmosphere would improve no end and people who no longer go to football due to the modern way of running things isn't for them will come back as it's like the days they're used to, on top of those who already still go and you've got a good atmosphere ready and waiting..

There's still a lot of old women and nerds that just sit and winge and not add to the atmosphere, they've obviously just moved for the cheaper seats, they should be kicked out and replaced with singers!

The same can be said for old men. Some of them are right grumpy buggers, so stick that up your sexist jumper ;-)

Agree!

Talk of lower ST prices in there already!

From the club? That would be amusing - given that they re-categorised my old seat so it was so expensive that moving to the South Stand was a no-brainer! Now they have to make them cheaper so that people will sit there.

As I said before - in my old seat when it rains you get wet, when it's sunny you can't see...hardly premium seating to me. The club obviously thought that if they forced the ST holders out of those seats then they could sell them to the "commodores" (once, twice, three times a season ©HMHB) at higher prices. Saturday's showing suggested otherwise

Agree!

Talk of lower ST prices in there already!

If the club are doing that, all well and good but when we get true attendances after holidays are done, then more needs doing to sell more ST in the first place. I know some who haven't renewed at all.

But anyway, it was obvious there'd be big gaps in the crowd with everyone (including me and mine) doing a mass exodus to the SS. So glad we've moved though, it's better than any other place I've sat in.

First time post, so go easy  :blink: . Thought that the SS were brilliant on Sunday. I was in the West stand (am I allowed in here?) about level with edge of 18 yard box towards the south end. Quick question though. I read that if away fans need more tickets, then ST holders would be asked to move for that game. Does that mean that they would all be split up all over stadium? Not sure I understand how you can ask a whole block or two to move. It's not as though there is going to be 2 empty blocks somewhere else is it?

Went the Preston v Blackpool game tonight, I know it's a local derby fuelled by hatred, but that atmosphere was amongst the best I've been to. Especially the mad scenes after the game! Fans on the pitch, a couple fighting on the pitch, fighting everywhere outside the stadium. Mayhem!

Who said modern day football is for families? Go'aaaarn lads. :D

It looked a bit dodgy when the horse trampled that steward. Hopefully he was ok.

Archived