Home atmosphere

Anag Ram

I think were one of the few clubs around at the moment where, at board level at least, the club is committed to improving the atmosphere out Pride Park. The Season Ticket prices in the south stand are excellent and the uptake by the fans has filled me with optimism, i look forward to seeing how it works during the coming season.

I think Mafiabob made a excellent point regarding away ticket prices. We are one of the worst offenders in this league for matchday ticket prices for both home and away fans. A reduction of away prices would make for a better atmosphere in a lot of the run of the mill home games, 3000 Brummies/Boro/Bolton/Huddersfield turning up at £20 a ticket would be more fun than 1000 at £30 a ticket. Likewise our walk up prices for home fans also need reducing significantly.

As for young fans; for every 18 year old sat there in his snapback with his eyes glued to his IPhone i still believe there are many more who just want to go for a sing and a laugh but cant for various reasons. One big reason is the lack of young adult prices for non season ticket holders unless you purchase a membership, imo that is a fvcking disgrace and Derby need to have a long hard look at themselves about that one. 

Finally *tin hat on*, get rid of the pissing drum, it adds nothing to the atmosphere at all, especially at our away games. Similarly knock all the weird 'ultra' style songs on the head; the likes of Dale Cavesa, we love you and the weird clapping one are cringeworthy. Go old school and keep it simple, songs with words of support for the lads on the pitch, not really rocket science. 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a meeting tomorrow.

Will post the details as and when I am happy. Fingers crossed I get the ideal result I want.

Kind of linked to this thread as well.

This idea has already been agreed at a previous meeting but just a few things that need to be done to make sure it really takes off.

Speak tomorrow

180 quid for an under 21 season ticket, bargain I think... Shame more younguns would rather walk around the westfield :(

I was paying a frozen early bird price till last season of 185. It's now 390 on the early bird deal now I'm over that age.

Disagree that attracting more youngsters would improve the atmosphere, I actually think they are the worst offenders for sitting there on their mobile phones checking scores at other matches or seeing who has just tweeted or facebooked (if that is the correct term!)

Better than the old duffers grumbling into their bovril!

;)

I generally didn't think i'd be able to afford a season ticket this year. I'm a student at Uni in Birmingham. i had to take into account travelling to every home game aswell I thought there was no chance. 

Luckily though this move to the SouthStand means my ST is on £120 all in! absolute bargain. I think having our fans behind the net and the away fans in the corner will make home atmosphere alot lot better!!

More stereotypes, the people who are real Derby fans young and old will make the noise, the people who do what you're talking about they don't love Derby County like we do. They probably live in Derby but their first team is Liverpool.

Okay, point taken, I know it is not about the ground.

For me it's the unreserved seating that builds the atmosphere along with no music, won't happen though :(

Sorry i was just being silly. I think you're totally right! The bbg had a lot of character, it was falling apart at the seams but it had lived through so many ups and downs and people felt like it was their own. The atmosphere was special there, it was allowed to build and there was no need for 'entertainment'. Hopefully the club can strip away the bullsh1t and let the fans figure it out for ourselves!

Okay, point taken, I know it is not about the ground.

For me it's the unreserved seating that builds the atmosphere along with no music, won't happen though :(

Sorry i was just being silly. I think you're totally right! The bbg had a lot of character, it was falling apart at the seams but it had lived through so many ups and downs and people felt like it was their own. The atmosphere was special there, it was allowed to build and there was no need for 'entertainment'. Hopefully the club can strip away the bullsh1t and let the fans figure it out for ourselves!

My idea would be to focus on actually cheering on the team with Derby chants rather than the really annoying, "*insert* is a sh*thole, i'm glad we're at home", "your support is f in ****" etc etc aimed at away supporters.

It should only apply to our actual rivals. I just feel embarrassed when we waste our energy, blurting rubbish out at lets say Middlesborough fans on a Tuesday night. The "your support is f in ****" is pathetic. They've travelled 200 + miles to come and watch their team when they'd probably be at work the next day. 

We do look like ****** when we do that in my opinion 

Archived