Moxey or Forsyth?

RamNut

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't a fan of Moxey. Think Forsyth makes way better decisions.

Had some good qualities didnt he Moxey? What's he like now? Because the Derby Moxey just made poor decisions too much imo.

Wouldn't be surprised to hear he's got good or to hear he's still not making sensible choices. Was a bit of a 'meh' player imo

Not a lot of difference is there?

Just a thought.

Moxey was a bit inconsistent and not that great a defender. The fact that he had a battle on his hands against Jay Mac said it all really. In fact, statistically under Nigel, we did better with McEveley in the team than Moxey. Dean was a handy player no doubt, but he was never a major loss and if the bar we're measuring Forsyth against is Moxey, we really aren't setting the bar too high. Roberts in the second season was a damn site better than Moxey was over the course of a run of games.

I think they are totally different players. Forsyth is primarily a defensive player who holds his position well and will get forward only when he has cover. Moxey is primarily an attacking player whose defensive frailties prevent him from being a premiership player.

I think they are totally different players. Forsyth is primarily a defensive player who holds his position well and will get forward only when he has cover. Moxey is primarily an attacking player whose defensive frailties prevent him from being a premiership player.

Don't forget Forsyth was a left mid/left winger before he joined us!

Don't forget Forsyth was a left mid/left winger before he joined us!

Yes - but I don't think he has the engine of a Brayford or a Moxey, so holds back a bit more on his attacking. I think he is a good signing, though as his height adds to our defensive strength.

I think that so far, Forsyth has been more disciplined from a defensive point of view. It may be that Clough will want him to drive forward more as he becomes more assured in his defensive duties.

Like I said elsewhere, only time will tell.

He's like Sammon then?

If Moxey's defensive lapses created chances for others, then yes.

The fact that they were chances for opponents is just hair-splitting.

Probably Forsyth but I think he'll get caught out alot by pace this year. Still think we could do better at LB and have Forsyth for LB/LM cover.

I'm not greedy mind, CB and now a RB are much more important.

Much of a muchness from what I've seen.

Forsyth just shades it at present. He seems to be an instinctively good left back - superb positioning and defensive movement. Moxey was good going forward, but not a natural defender. Moxey also represents the one sale that I think the club got wrong. I'd say the question 'Moxey or O'Connor?'' is perhaps just as relevant. In that battle, the Mox wins by miles. If we'd have kept Moxey we wouldn't have needed O'Connor and would have conceded fewer goals last season.

However, Forsyth came in without having played much, into a position which he hadn't played for years. To have done as well as he did suggests that there is a lot more to come from him. It is my opinion that Forsyth will become one of our very best players.

Archived