Moxey or Forsyth?

RamNut

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forsyth is a much better defender, and offers more going forward (in terms of substance)

Won't argue that Moxey was more athletic than Forsyth but that's about it for me.

From what I saw of Forsyth he'll be extremely solid defensively and his crossing will be a dark horse for us this season!

My only issue with Forsyth is I dont think he's very calm on the ball. Seems to lump it up the wing a bit too easily sometimes for me when there could be an easier pass on. Hopefully something he'll improve on though.

Solid defender, good in the air and a good left foot on him.

I really rate Moxey, think he could hold his own in a good side. He has all the attributes needed, but most importantly, he could defend.

There's no doubt in my mind that he was treated badly by Clough, and in particular being blamed for a goal that came through the middle of midfield that should've been dealt with by Savage and Barker! Moxey was at left back.

I haven't seen Forsyth make a crunching tackle yet, so cannot say he's a better defender. I did like his cross for a goal Martin scored last season.

I think Moxey has improve alot since he left DCFC and he is now a pretty dependable left-back at this level and looks like he's going to be first choice in PL. Also not a bad striker. :p

Forsyth showed some promise during his loan last season however I need to see a longer sample of matches until I'm fully sure where to rate him and he's going into his first season of being a first choice Championship player, he seems to have had a decent pre-season judging by reports if lacking a little in pace.

Archived