Conor Sammon

TopRam

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really, REALLY not sure about this. He's an exasperating player, but because so many Derby fans are against him, it's why I've supported him. Just like I did with Theo, Mo Camara, Robbie Savage, Conor Doy..... (steady on, let's not go overboard)

I wouldn't want Sammon sold. I think he brings too much to the team to let him go so soon.

Having said that I did read somewhere that we'd made one of our players "secretly" available by offering them around and that we'd be surprised at who it was.

Maybe Sammon is that man?

I'm also allowing myself to have a little smirk (not yet full chortle) thinking how some of our fans would react if we sold him after a poor season and only a year for an 800k  profit when they were slating Clough for paying too much for him after a poor season at Wigan.

To sum up.

Conor Sammon is going to rip the championship apart next season if he stays with us.

I wouldn't want Sammon sold. I think he brings too much to the team to let him go so soon.

Having said that I did read somewhere that we'd made one of our players "secretly" available by offering them around and that we'd be surprised at who it was.

Maybe Sammon is that man?

I'm also allowing myself to have a little smirk (not yet full chortle) thinking how some of our fans would react if we sold him after a poor season and only a year for an 800k  profit when they were slating Clough for paying too much for him after a poor season at Wigan.

To sum up.

Conor Sammon is going to rip the championship apart next season if he stays with us.

He showed enough last year to suggest there's a lot more to come, he looked good playing for RoI at the end of the season, give him some proper support in Russell and he might just do that.

I wouldn't consider selling him unless a truly stupid offer came in. The sort of Christian Dailly, Seth Johnson kind of offer.

Just going to say I am a little disappointed with most of the reaction on here.

1. If he is worth £2 Million Nigel has done very well in buying him and yet again improving someone.
  2. Like all the squad he will only go if we can improve the team. That's a better player AND a character that fits in.
  3. If he is of interest to Steve Bruce in the Premier League why do some on here not rate him even for the Championship?

Today is a good day, Ashes start, and the fish could be on his way out.

However I have a feeling that only the first bit is true :(

Archived