Conor Sammon

TopRam

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jacobs got 4 in the Ssausagehorpe game. If your counting league, then you're correct but if its cup as well Coutts has an extra one, as does Ward and Jacobs has 4 more

Cup games don't get counted in such statistics usually.

As much as I can see how important Ward's individual contribution is, I'm afraid he is the player in the team that annoys me the most.

I think the thing that annoys me most is his diving (something that I cannot tolerate) and this probably also makes me look for other weaknesses in his game!

There are few better sights at Pride Park than him skinning a full back on the outside, but there are few worse sights than him shooting high and wide from 40 yards out when there are much better options available.

this is why i don't like ward and how he can go missing in games as well plus his injury record.

it's why i hoped the Leicester rumours were true.

But the problem we have had far too often is that we have no plan B other than "pass to Ward and see what happens". So many games last season it was passing it round at the back until we could find Ward. Hopefully that changes this year.

Coming back to Sammon

What has happened to the news we were promised would be in today's DT? Barker's progress and the Sammon /Hull story. Later editions? Been put on hold?

At least Burton Mail have updated us on Shaun Barker's progress and how this is affecting the need/or not of a new centre half

Theo 2011-12: 26%

He sure did. But the point was to mention that whilst some keep talking about Sammon as though he did nothing last season, even with direct measures he had a quite considerable impact on the goal scoring. Of course, the greatest effects he had came in ways that won't show up with something as simplistic as goals scored and assists, and without secondary and tertiary assists recorded we can't even use that kind of measures to give a flavour from this type of stats alone. What is striking though is how much more potent the attack was with him in it, the side was considerably better this season and for those who like appeal to authority, numerous managers and players heaped praise on Sammon's efforts this season, in particular Jamie Ward, who credited Sammon as having a huge impact on his and the team's form last season.

Your argument assumes that somebody else couldnt have been more productive playing in his position. 

I believe we finished where we did inspite of Sammon, not because of him. For most of last season the striking options at the club were abysmal, Sammon was the best of a terrible bunch (assuming Ward as a winger). There's a whole host of other Championship strikers that would have improved us over Sammon. 

No it doesn't matter if he wastes the ball when in good positions on numerous occasions because we can always blame Sammon for not shooting enough. If Sammon was as greedy and wasteful as Ward is I dread to think of the reaction on here!

There was no question to reply to, although I'm sure you know I was referring to his scoring record at Forest rather than the one goal he scored at Southampton.

You are getting like bris moving them goalposts; maybe you burnley shareholder gave you the calculator you used

As for ward wasting the ball, he actually has a higher shots on target % than sammon, which would justify his decision to have pops from 40 yards as you call it.

You are getting like bris moving them goalposts; maybe you burnley shareholder gave you the calculator you used

As for ward wasting the ball, he actually has a higher shots on target % than sammon, which would justify his decision to have pops from 40 yards as you call it.

Took you 2 hours to think that up? Expected much better ;)

Ok that's fine if that's your opinion. My guess is that most people can see how much Ward wastes the ball in good positions though but you just like to say the opposite of whatever I post. Actually feels like you stalk me sometimes :wub:

Oh our set piece taker Jamie Ward out on the wing where most assists come from then upfront scoring goals too? Yeah shocking stats! Anyone would think Coutts should have loads of assists at that rate...

55 is in the middle of 61, 55, 51 and 43 why is 55 poor?

Your stats certainly mean nothing.

I'm not quite sure what you are saying?

I said that stats mean nothing; I said 55 is poor comparing him to players who hadn't played in anywhere near the games as him, but only in the reply that he had contributed 20 odd percent to the goals.

I don't think sammon is a poor player, just that I don't think he is irreplaceable, and I'm think that come Christmas he won't be in the team, based upon last seasons performances.

On the other hand if he is, I can see us being in and around the top 6, all IMO of course.

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. Signed up to tell you two things.

1. Hull City are NOT interested in Connor Sammon, but this doesn't reflect upon his quality, because given the right supply, he'd be amongst the best strikers in the Championship.

2. Unrelated to this thread. Leicester are in the hunt for Jamie Ward, but Derby have placed a £2m valuation on the player.

Twitter: @LorenzoMoresco

Took you 2 hours to think that up? Expected much better ;)

Ok that's fine if that's your opinion. My guess is that most people can see how much Ward wastes the ball in good positions though but you just like to say the opposite of whatever I post. Actually feels like you stalk me sometimes :wub:

You replied to me this time :-)

I think ward does sometimes, but I can forgive it because I prefer to watch flair players, just individual choice I suppose.

You replied to me this time :-)

I think ward does sometimes, but I can forgive it because I prefer to watch flair players, just individual choice I suppose.

I enjoy watching Ward but he frustrates me too. As I said earlier, probably because I detest the fact that he cheats sometimes.

I'm not quite sure what you are saying?

I said that stats mean nothing; I said 55 is poor comparing him to players who hadn't played in anywhere near the games as him, but only in the reply that he had contributed 20 odd percent to the goals.

I don't think sammon is a poor player, just that I don't think he is irreplaceable, and I'm think that come Christmas he won't be in the team, based upon last seasons performances.

On the other hand if he is, I can see us being in and around the top 6, all IMO of course.

Clearly presented, honest and properly analysed stats do mean something, rare as they are. What you have shown is that the second highest tally gets the second highest goal total?

My reply was focused at your comments on Ward having more assists while having played less games, but I see it as ward has more assists from playing a very assist focused role in the team; winger, set-pieces, etc. Ward has done better but its not a like for like comparison.

Clearly presented, honest and properly analysed stats do mean something, rare as they are. What you have shown is that the second highest tally gets the second highest goal total?

My reply was focused at your comments on Ward having more assists while having played less games, but I see it as ward has more assists from playing a very assist focused role in the team; winger, set-pieces, etc. Ward has done better but its not a like for like comparison.

By that token, surely Sammon should have more GOALS than Ward, as his role is more 'goal-scoring focussed' i.e. Forward.

By that token, surely Sammon should have more GOALS than Ward, as his role is more 'goal-scoring focussed' i.e. Forward.

Well yes of course, more goals definitely!

Assists we were talking about though not goals.

We know Sammon doesn't score enough of his chances.

Sammon is not wanted by Hull, I said as much on the last page.

Leicester are still in pursuit of Jamie Ward though, but Derby value him at around £2m.

"0ee43494d3d4fc0ac995d8fc81a331fe" alt="0ee43494d3d4fc0ac995d8fc81a331fe">

Sam Rush's response when asked about the Jamie Ward rumours. Give it a rest please  :lol:

Archived