Have your say on our best manager of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duracell

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably worth mentioning - that George Burley also lost more games than he had won as Derby manager  :ph34r:

but anyway, regardless.... back to subject - Conor Sammons first touch..  :wacko:

I'm sure you must be getting Burley confused with Clough, I'm sure I saw it mentioned by someone that Clough has lost more games than he has won!

And I'm sure the same person raves about how we played under Burley.

Where is this vote thing then? I've been looking for the last 2 days (constantly... haven't slept or eaten) and can't find it anywhere...

Pretty much sums up the organisational abilities of the Football League that they can't even organise basic polls on time...

THIS is why the football league doesn't get any TV money from the Premier League.

Where is this vote thing then? I've been looking for the last 2 days (constantly... haven't slept or eaten) and can't find it anywhere...

Pretty much sums up the organisational abilities of the Football League that they can't even organise basic polls on time...

THIS is why the football league doesn't get any TV money from the Premier League.

http://www.fl125.co.uk/derby-county

(Didn't mean to like your post, bloody iPad)

surprised Mr Cox only has 1% of the vote. clearly an underappreciated manager!

Not really.

Anyone who rates Arthur as a better manager than Brian, two promotions or not, is certifiably insane.

Very harsh on Mackay that score.

Not many remember the situation that Dave inherited. He did a great job, improved Brian's team and went on to win the title and was very unlucky not to win a lot more.

I've met Dave Mackay and can honestly say i was humbled in his presence. He stands about 5'9" tall yet you walk away thinking you've just met a giant.

But surely better than Mr Smith?

The question was 'who was the best', not 'grade our managers relative to each other'

Not many remember the situation that Dave inherited. He did a great job, improved Brian's team and went on to win the title and was very unlucky not to win a lot more.

I've met Dave Mackay and can honestly say i was humbled in his presence. He stands about 5'9" tall yet you walk away thinking you've just met a giant.

I completely and utterly agree.

When Dave was appointed, it was the one time that the board, rightly or wrongly, made an utterly brilliant decision. They (Sam) realised that they had a full-blown rebellion on their hands. Fans and players alike wanted Brian back, and they (Sam) took a decision which stopped us in our tracks.

The players respected Dave, the fans loved him, and the decision was (grudgingly) accepted. We all thought that Brian would be back in charge one day, and of course it so nearly happened too, but that's ancient history.

Dave as a person was, and still is, an absolute giant - and I feel that the Plaza would benefit from a statue of the great man (preferably in Bremner-raising pose, but unfortunately that was when he was at Spurs in 1966)

Archived