Craig Short joins Blackburn as first team coach

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what would you suggest Michael Johnson would teach the defence?

holding on in the last 15 minutes i suppose...as he did that to opposing forwards for the best part of ninety. 

When he played, he was able to organise the defence. He was a shouter and a director. We don't have that in Keogh and Buxton. Whilst they are good defenders they and the full-backs often didn't seem on the same wavelength. We also need to be able to dominate our box in the air and I bet Michael Johnson, who isn't huge, could teach the team how to be more physical in this respect.

he should've been employed in a more senior role here, I think this is a mistake to waste his ability. He's very highly regarded in the game and don't be surprised if he gets a chance at management within 2 or 3 years now someone has taken the punt on him as a senior coach.

Seems foolish to me, as someone who has criticised the coaching of Derby's defence since Billy and his crew left in 2007, that someone so intelligent and respected in the game was employed in a role that didn't utilise his abilities.

I think this will prove to be a mistake.

what would you suggest Michael Johnson would teach the defence?

holding on in the last 15 minutes i suppose...as he did that to opposing forwards for the best part of ninety. 

It got us promoted.

Archived