Is this Murray's year?

Brammie Steve

Got lucky? Do you think so Cisse? I have to disagree with you there my friend. Djoko has never won a set of tennis against Murray on grass. I'd say there's more to that than luck.

I was referring to the fact that Murray tends to lose his nerves when the going gets tough. But hopefully he has taken now the next step.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll echo all the sentiments here - well done Andy

Takes a real champion to come back from so many final defeats (esp last year at Wimbledon) & finally nail the big one. His US Open victory was probably the key to today - once he'd got that monkey off his back, he was always going to win more GS.

Also true dignity shown by Djokovic in defeat - top man & an unbelievable player.

I was referring to the fact that Murray tends to used to lose his nerves when the going gets tough. But hopefully he has taken now the next step.

FTFM.

Lendl has had a huge influence over the last year or so, culminating in Andy achieving the one thing that his hero never quite managed to pull off.

Stop it, I'm blushing.

Don't get me wrong, that's a great achievement.. But the fact is, Federer only has 5 more titles than Nadal yet Nadal won his first title at the French Open in 2005.. He was still really young and never came into his own until 2008..

The same time in 2007 Federer had already won 9 titles and 12 after 2008 compared to Nadal's 4 in the French Open.. So he was already trailing Feds by 8 or so before he even hit close to his prime.. Federer was winning title against guys that weren't anywhere near as good as Nadal, Murray, Del Potro, Ferrer or Djoko now.. Federer was winning against the like of Hewitt, Nalbandian, Roddick, Baghdatis, (an old Agassi), Safin and Gonzalez.. The fact that Nadal was his first actual competitor in consecutive tournament finals shows how inconsistant the other guys were..

If Nadal was born 5 years earlier and Federer 5 years later then Nadal would have absolutely cleaned up the lot.. He would be sitting on 20 titles now.. Federer on the other hand would probably only have around 7 or 8

He's not spanish or mexican. He's not even english, but today, he's from these cold little islands nestled under the north pole on the western tip of northern europe.....he's british, and he's just beat all comers to be the champion of the most coveted title in the world at his chosen sport.

Is he working on his lob?

Look at the dirty ginger bugger behind him with a tent casually draped over his right side, no doubt for extra "sun protection" his eyes never leave Murrays moves and I'm fairly sure he's licking his lips.

Is that tent shaking gently?

You can just about make out the mmmmmm.

This guy on twitter has had a few retweets

If Murray wins today I will have sexual intercourse with my cat in the middle of princes street gardens, that's how sure I am he won't win

just under 2,200 retweets :lol:

I never knew that Bris lived in Edinburgh.

Andy Murray has just won Queens pretty convincingly. He is currently World ranking number two.

Could this be the year he finally wins the Wimbledon Singles as the first Brit since Fred Perry in the thirties?

If he does win will it be a triumph for Britain or Scotland?

I may be in a minority but I admire him and enjoy watching him play.

What do the rest of you reckon?

genius or what? 

genius or what? 

it was obvious. It was all a fix.

If anyone watched BBC1 last night, they knew he was going to win. You've all been suckered into believing he won it by being the best, but Tennis is now like Wrestling.

it was obvious. It was all a fix.

If anyone watched BBC1 last night, they knew he was going to win. You've all been suckered into believing he won it by being the best, but Tennis is now like Wrestling.

Twice, eh? Must have done the same thing in America last year.

Archived