Is this Murray's year?

Brammie Steve

Andy Murray has just won Queens pretty convincingly. He is currently World ranking number two.

Could this be the year he finally wins the Wimbledon Singles as the first Brit since Fred Perry in the thirties?

If he does win will it be a triumph for Britain or Scotland?

I may be in a minority but I admire him and enjoy watching him play.

What do the rest of you reckon?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year was his year..

Had an extremely easy run to the final and avoided Nadal and Djokovic who both have far superior head to head records at majors..

I don't think he'll be so lucky this time and avoid Ferrer, Del Potro, Nadal and Djokovic before a possibe final..

I think it is between any one of the big 4 as per usual. The only two outside of that to be really wary of are either Tsonga or Del Potro, who on top form are a match for anyone.

Murray cannot afford to do his usual moaning and lose a set because of it. The best will punish that.

Murray actually suprised me when he won the US Open but of you look back on his run to the final it was as easy as he could have hoped for..

He's a top 4 player in the world but I seriously doubt he has it in him to beat 2 of the other top 3 at the same major tournament

Well he's actually never done it..

I'd love to see him up against Nadal.. It's been a while sicne they've played at a major as they seem to keep avoiding eachother..

I think it is between any one of the big 4 as per usual. The only two outside of that to be really wary of are either Tsonga or Del Potro, who on top form are a match for anyone.

Murray cannot afford to do his usual moaning and lose a set because of it. The best will punish that.

Murray 8 Tsonga 1

Murray 5 Del Potro 2

Murray actually suprised me when he won the US Open but of you look back on his run to the final it was as easy as he could have hoped for..

He's a top 4 player in the world but I seriously doubt he has it in him to beat 2 of the other top 3 at the same major tournament

Well he's actually never done it..

I'd love to see him up against Nadal.. It's been a while sicne they've played at a major as they seem to keep avoiding eachother..

The only way he could EVER beat 2 out of the other 3 in the same major tournament is to win it - and seeing as the only major he has won so far is the one where Nadal crapped out in the second round, you may have a point - but them again you may not.

Of course in the Olympics Murray beat Djokovic in the semi-final and Federer in the final, so I suggest that you are once again just being your usual anti-British self without having any substance to back it up.

Should've won it last year, not sure about this year but there will be another year for him.

Federer isn't as big of a problem now, but Nadal's back and looking decent. I reckon he's got the beating of the likes of Ferrer, Tsonga, Del Potro with the crowd behind him at Wimbledon but other members of the big 4 are a problem.

Nadal to win it, f*cking Spaniards

The only way he could EVER beat 2 out of the other 3 in the same major tournament is to win it - and seeing as the only major he has won so far is the one where Nadal crapped out in the second round, you may have a point - but them again you may not.

Of course in the Olympics Murray beat Djokovic in the semi-final and Federer in the final, so I suggest that you are once again just being your usual anti-British self without having any substance to back it up.

The Olympics isn't a major in tennis..

And the point is he hasn't won against 2 of the other top 3 in the same tournament.. That's the main reason he only has one title to his name..

Even Del Potro in 2009 beat Nadal and Federer..

Murray however made the Wimbledon and US Open Finals in consecutive tournaments without facing the other 3.. That is pretty damn lucky if you ask me..

It would the equivalent of when Man Utd made the CL Final in 2011 by facing Marseille, Chelsea and Schalke and avoiding the best teams like Barcelona, Bayern, Real Madrid, AC Milan etc..

Murray is a champion but he'll only ever be a great in my eyes when he does this..

Archived