Middle lane motorway hogs

notts_ram

The government this week announced that it will give the police new powers to slap middle lane road hogs with on the spot £100 fines if caught, for me this is the worst kind of anti social driving second to being tailgated - is anyone on here honest enough to admit they practice this behaviour? What else gets your goat on the road by the same token?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My biggest annoyance is when you're waiting to pull onto a road, someone can see that, yet still indicates at the very last second and turns down the road you're coming out of. Infuriates me.

The government this week announced that it will give the police new powers to slap middle lane road hogs with on the spot £100 fines if caught, for me this is the worst kind of anti social driving second to being tailgated - is anyone on here honest enough to admit they practice this behaviour? What else gets your goat on the road by the same token?

I drive up and down the M62 every day, and this annoys me no end. It's quite a busy motorway, and at times you have no choice but to drive in the middle lane.

But when it's empty, so many people choose to stay in the middle lane. You have to move over 2 lanes to overtake them and then 2 lanes again to get back into the correct lane.

The M62 is a bit of a mindless motorway, it seems to have laws of it's own. Bit like a go-kart rally. The lorries in the middle lane also confuses me. Completely stunts the flow of traffic.

I was actually discussing this,with a client this morning.

I have an idea,for a useful invention.

A video camera is attached to both the windscreen,and a mechanical arm,with a false hand attached.

If you drive in the middle lane,with no just cause,the video sends a signal to the mechanical arm,which in turn,slaps you briskly across the face,whilst shouting bad boy bad boy (girl if preferred)

I get annoyed by nobs who sit in the fast lane of the a38 doing 70mph with nothing on the inside lane.

Very occasionally i will overtake on the inside after my patience is exhausted.

I get annoyed by nobs who sit in the fast lane of the a38 doing 70mph with nothing on the inside lane.

Very occasionally i will overtake on the inside after my patience is exhausted.

Tut Tut. Undertaking you are no better than the other knobs. Has anyone told you two wrongs don't make a right.

You need to be in the right frame of mind and not get wound up be these tw@ts.

Saw an ice cream man doing his rounds while using his mobile ffs. And 4 kids racing round on motorbikes. No helmets, no nowt. Never a policeman around when you want one.

Round here there's idiots who think the law requiring them to wear a seatbelt doesn't apply to them. They do my head in too.

Good news.

Nothing more annoying than driving down the M1 in the left hand line at 70 with nothing infront of you for miles but a hoverer doing 60 in the middle lane and having to go over to the fast lane to "legally" get around them.

Is undertaking illegal? Or just frowned upon as bad/dangerous driving like middle lane hogging and tailgating was.

Yes it is.

It's not Andy, 'undertaking' (preparing dead people) haha is not an offence and neither is overtaking in the left lane under the RTA.

It's mentioned in the Highway Code and advice is given but the only reason people get nicked for 'undertaking' is when they do it dangerously and are stuck on for either dangerous driving or driving without due care and attention.

Archived