Middle lane motorway hogs

notts_ram

It's not Andy, 'undertaking' (preparing dead people) haha is not an offence and neither is overtaking in the left lane under the RTA.

It's mentioned in the Highway Code and advice is given but the only reason people get nicked for 'undertaking' is when they do it dangerously and are stuck on for either dangerous driving or driving without due care and attention.

Well, you learn something new every day. I know you can do it in slow moving traffic but I didn't know it was perfectly legal.

So it's just dangerous, not illegal?

I'm going for a jaunt on the motorway weaving in and out of the traffic.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think tailgating is the worst and most dangerous one.

The most annoying one is some drivers not pulling across a lane when you're trying to get off a slip road, especially the short ones on the A38

Well, you learn something new every day. I know you can do it in slow moving traffic but I didn't know it was perfectly legal.

So it's just dangerous, not illegal?

I'm going for a jaunt on the motorway weaving in and out of the traffic.

Yeah that's right mate, it's one of those isn't it. Good evidence is needed for either offence and they're only there to stop ****** who don't consider other road users.

I think the new fines are actually meant to prevent other drivers from becoming frustrated and driving dangerously by stopping people hogging lanes just because it's easier...

I've heard some European countries even allow it but I'm not sure how true that is.

Tut Tut. Undertaking you are no better than the other knobs. Has anyone told you two wrongs don't make a right.

You need to be in the right frame of mind and not get wound up be these tw@ts.

Well....only after about a mile of patiently waiting.

The most annoying one is some drivers not pulling across a lane when you're trying to get off a slip road, especially the short ones on the A38

That does my head in as well. I also can't stand 2 lorries overtaking each other on a dual carriageway with one doing 1 mph more than the other so it takes about 3 miles for one to pass the other rather than one slow down a bit to let the other one pass faster. Mobile users also get my goat. And caravans. 

Tailgating is infuriating beyond words.

But the number 1 for me is beeping angry drivers. They speed up when you pull out or cross a roundabout to make out you pulled out on them so they can be angry. I can't believe how many people do it.

I don't think I've ever beeped anyone or given abuse out first. Except to drivers up my arse. Even when people pull out on me I still don't get angry. No point. What's done is done.

But the idiots that like to road rage so bad they speed up. I'm the guy that's behind you asking you to pull over and say it outside your car.

Not my fault you get told what to do at home.

I don't like getting off the A52 at Spondon while others are trying to get on via the same little slip road, not everybody gives way when they know they should.

I don't like getting off the A52 at Spondon while others are trying to get on via the same little slip road, not everybody gives way when they know they should.

Yeah, that bits like a drag race. There's a similar bit on the 52 near that Cardinal Square. It goes down towards pentagon island and then straight down the 52.

Gives me headache watching the unnecessary jumble of cars.

I get annoyed by nobs who sit in the fast lane of the a38 doing 70mph with nothing on the inside lane.

Very occasionally i will overtake on the inside after my patience is exhausted.

There's actually no such thing as a fast lane. The speed limit is the same on all lanes. It's just for overtaking.

Thing that really gets me is lorries overtaking on a  dual carriage. I think it should be illegal during rush hour traffic unless the manouvre can be completed withing 10 seconds. Nothing infuriates me more than watching one lorry take 5mins to overtake another lorry whilst everyone behind bottlenecks at 50mph.

Another thing is when approaching a roundabout, and you think the car entering the roundabout is going across the front of you so you stop, only for the pr*ck to exit at the same place you're entering, Really fooks me off.

Another ploy to get money off 'easy targets'..

Nanny State..

Boneheads who sit in the middle lane when they are not overtaking want fining the entire content of their bank accounts, their car and their youngest daughter (if she's hot).

There's actually no such thing as a fast lane. The speed limit is the same on all lanes. It's just for overtaking.

Thing that really gets me is lorries overtaking on a  dual carriage. I think it should be illegal during rush hour traffic unless the manouvre can be completed withing 10 seconds. Nothing infuriates me more than watching one lorry take 5mins to overtake another lorry whilst everyone behind bottlenecks at 50mph.

Another thing is when approaching a roundabout, and you think the car entering the roundabout is going across the front of you so you stop, only for the pr*ck to exit at the same place you're entering, Really fooks me off.

There's a stretch of the M42 (the 2-lane stretch between J10 and J11 Eastbound) where lorries are not allowed to overtake.

Last week I followed one who DID overtake on that stretch - and it took 4 miles to complete the manoeuvre.

You should attempt my daily work commute into Leicester every day, it's madness - as soon as you hit the Golden Mile stretch you're tensed up like a coil waiting for the person to pull out of a side road directly infront of you with no warning, the pedestrian to cross the road right infront of your car forcing you to slam your anchors on, the driver infront of you suddenly stopping without any warning to turn left or right, the person jumping the red light at a junction when you're trying to turn right leaving you stranded in the middle of the junction after the lights have changed, the people at roundabouts whom have not heard of the concept of indicators so leave you stuck waiting to guess where they are going, seriously they must have a different driving test in India

You should attempt my daily work commute into Leicester every day, it's madness - as soon as you hit the Golden Mile stretch you're tensed up like a coil waiting for the person to pull out of a side road directly infront of you with no warning, the pedestrian to cross the road right infront of your car forcing you to slam your anchors on, the driver infront of you suddenly stopping without any warning to turn left or right, the person jumping the red light at a junction when you're trying to turn right leaving you stranded in the middle of the junction after the lights have changed, the people at roundabouts whom have not heard of the concept of indicators so leave you stuck waiting to guess where they are going, seriously they must have a different driving test in India

Got to agree, Leicester is a different league of driving. I remember feeling relieved when I made it out of the city-centre in one piece on my last voyage.

If you've driven down Normanton Road in Derby at the wrong time of day, its the exact same. If you had a hazard perception test on it, you wouldn't be able to click fast enough.

Archived