Napoli looking to buy a championship team

ForceIndy

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Udinese success with Watford, Napoli president has said he is interested in purchasing a championship club. 

http://www.tuttosport.com/calcio/serie_a/napoli/2013/06/01-264363/De+Laurentiis%3A+%26%23171%3BPrender%26%23242%3B+squadra+inglese+per+Reja%26%23187%3B

A hypothetical question, if Napoli came in for Derby would you be happy or not?

no, the way Watford did it this year was embarrassing - you shouldn't be able to borrow a Premier League side in my eyes. I hope the FA change the foreign loans rule soon..

If Napoli buys us does that mean our next manager is going to be Diego Maradona ? :ph34r:

Nope. With proper Italian style it would be Rafa. Just for months though, they would need him back after giving "gardening leave" to next one.

Ahhh okay... I know the transfer ban was for the previous board's dodgey financial dealings, and the article I read was a week or so old...

but Daveo makes statements that are sometimes as true as the ones I make.

but Daveo makes statements that are sometimes as true as the ones I make.

Well I sometimes read things which are out of date... like sell-by dates... and usually they turn out to be bad for me... So happy to admit that I could be wrong...

However more than happy to rub it in Daveo's face if it turns out I'm right... I'm sure he won't be bothered but I do so love rubbing it in people's faces...

(Insert humourous reference to tea-bagging here)

I never said such a thing and if I did it must have been my missus using my account to post again.

A Football League meeting takes place this week where they will vote, so you can pretty much say it will be closed.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-town-fc/huddersfield-town-news/2013/06/03/huddersfield-town-will-vote-to-tighten-up-foreign-player-loan-rules-at-football-league-summit-86081-33420925/

Archived