Can we improve with 4 more signings

Curtains

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

none of the proposed new signings give me any confidence of improvement as a starting XI, only that we'll have a bit more depth in the squad. We look like we're recruiting the same type of player we already have, so cannot see much difference coming.

Hopefully, the rumour mill has been very wrong and we have a few surprises signing.

I'm with mostyn, we desperately need to bring in a couple of experienced players that are a class above what we already have, regardless of how much they cost (within reason) Why can't Derby realise that this is it? This is probably our last chance for a few years to really go for it... I've never been one to question our ambition and I have always got patience for the club but when was the last time you put £100 on one of our strikers to score? Sturridge?

I know the seasons only just finished but come on Derby f*cking surprise us for once  :( 

We deserve it don't we?  :blink: 

I liked the look of Forsyth, and Nige seems keen to add an experienced centre half and a pacy striker with a bit more heart than Tyson and a bit more quality on the ball than Theo. I think that should see us challenging top 6 to be fair. Add one extra, probably wide, with a bit of pace and class and I think we're a top side at this level.

none of the proposed new signings give me any confidence of improvement as a starting XI, only that we'll have a bit more depth in the squad. We look like we're recruiting the same type of player we already have, so cannot see much difference coming.

Hopefully, the rumour mill has been very wrong and we have a few surprises signing.

Depends on who you mean... I don't for a second think the players linked are the be all or end all, I mean we aren't even in June! but signing players who will be looking around 10k a week (maximum) you're not leaving yourself open to many superstars - just think we need to accept that. The chances of us signing someone (proven) is small, but, we're in a good position to attract players who perhaps could go on to be better! 

James Vaughan is a player who given a bit of form could make huge impacts in this league, I mean Theo Robinson scored goals because of our midfield, he went to Huddersfield and did nothing - I would like to think James Vaughan who managed 14 in their team would get a lot more in ours (injuries aside) 

I'm with mostyn, we desperately need to bring in a couple of experienced players that are a class above what we already have, regardless of how much they cost (within reason) Why can't Derby realise that this is it? This is probably our last chance for a few years to really go for it...

I don't get this. Haven't Clough and Rush been quite clear that they want to sign experienced players better than what we've got?

Doesn't the Vaughan, Baptiste etc story confirm this is the intention?

I don't get this. Haven't Clough and Rush been quite clear that they want to sign experienced players better than what we've got?

Vaughan is no better than Hendrick and Bryson IMO, not even first choice in a poor Sunderland side. Had a couple of good seasons at Blackpool but as I say... not better than what we have. If we managed to sign him, would that mean trying to shoe-horn FOUR central midfielders in? I think Hendrick's extra year of experience gained this season negates the need to replace him with an experienced player.

As for Baptiste, seriously, he's really no better technically than Claude Davis was, albeit a lot more composed. Rarely controls his headers and cannot jump as well as he should. CATHCART is the one from Blackpool we should be going for.

None of the players linked with us are more than the slightest fraction better than what we have already, so there won't be much difference.

We need to sign someone's STAR player from the lower leagues. We need this season's Charlie Austin or Jordan Rhodes.

Yeah and I'm thrilled that they have but I still worry about it...

Is Cloughie all of a sudden allowed to say - "Right, there's this striker yeah? He plays for -------- I've watched him a few times and he'd fit in perfectly here... he'd be about 2.5m but I know he'll get us promoted so can we get him?" 

I doubt it  :(

We need to sign someone's STAR player from the lower leagues. We need this season's Charlie Austin or Jordan Rhodes.

But then people will moan that we're buying lower league rubbish no matter the quality and that we should be looking at Premiership players. Can't have it both ways...

I think the posts above refer to James Vaughan not David Vaughan, however he plays left midfield aswell. He has one hell of a left foot on him, can pass, cross and shoot. Then has the all important few years of Premiership experience.

I think we all know that £2.5m strikers are off the agenda for a bit. Doesn't mean we won't be up there on the back of a batch of free transfers though. Trust in Nige.

Am with emjlc. Bugger experience. Just want good players.

How many times did Savage just wrap his foot around the ball and blindly hit it into a channel expecting someone to be there? Not like Mr Will Hughes. That lad can have 2/3 opponents within 5-10 yards of him and he still makes a good decision. He looks our most experienced midfielder.

Jeff Hendrick is getting to be quite an experienced player really. He's played a lot of football now at this level. I think experience has helped him but at his core he's always had some ball playing ability. Same with Bailey.

A bit of experience would be nice but it's got to come with good players. We don't need another Robbie Savage or Stephen Pearson. Experienced in running around.

I would rather us take a young fantastic tricky winger from League 2 than stick a Captain armband on Brian Howard and expect it to change the way we play.

Archived