Outs.

TroyDyer

Ok, maybe I am only making a debatable point. But I do think it slightly worrying that Clough has signed how many keepers and he still is looking for the best one? And here for 4 years ? that aint that long, Giggs has outlasted Ferguson whos been at Manure for 26 years!  I would prefer to see less quantity of deals and a bit more quality.  

You can't work that way if you're a championship team though can you? Unless you're saying you want to bring in players that will keep us exactly where we are but will stay for 10 years?

Where do we want to be? Premier League... Can we currently attract players who are PL standard and will stay with us for the next 10 years? debateable (but probably no)... So we have to get players who will take us to the next level which is playoffs... then rinse and repeat...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why dont people just back the transfers in or out? People have nothing better to do but to slag players/staff of.

Welcome to Derby

Really don't get this Bailey stuff.

He's had a season in League One, and I don't see any Championship teams running round to try and sign him. Don't doubt he'd be a decent back up for our current midfield but I find it hard to see how he'd break through in to the first team on a regular basis without an injury. I also didn't see much of him in a Derby shirt that made me think we were missing a gem. Decent sideways passer of a ball and is quite elegant but that's about it.

More to the point, he doesn't strike me as the kind of player that'll be happy to sit and prove that he's worthy of his place. Makes sense to let him go.

Asanovic, quite simply, he does the understated job that people don't see, a lesser version of Michael Carrick if you will, and he has better vision than both Hendrick and Bryson, who are more gut-busting than controlled.

t!ts out , bins out ,, if we are radically refreshing the squad by sending 7 out adn replacing them , its should be about quality aswell as quantity first we need cover the positions that we couldnt cover last season then think about adding to that with quality

I like Bailey, and I think Theo can do a job. His pace alone is a massive asset. 

The rest are pretty obvious. Grant is number 1 and so are Fielding and Legz, so two were bound to leave. 

O Connor doesn't get a look in, and with another centre half imminent, he's finished. And Tyson is on big wages I would imagine (having come on a free) and injured a lot. 

I am confused about Doyle though. Not really sure what his place is. My mate on twitter said he's there to hold O'Briens crutches. Maybe. 

The only job Teflon Robinson is fit for is running to the shop for Andy Garner's shampoo, rumours abound that the Yanks have put pressure on Nigel regarding Connie Doyle and that that is the only reason he is still at Pride Park, perhaps he translates Andy Applecore's conversations.

If it keeps the owners happy and makes them more likely to invest, who are we to judge? I suppose it's like Forest having a tame Kuwaiti on the bench.

Yeah, I see your point. 

Would be nice to have a decent yank though eh?

Asanovic, quite simply, he does the understated job that people don't see, a lesser version of Michael Carrick if you will, and he has better vision than both Hendrick and Bryson, who are more gut-busting than controlled

Agreed, i'm sure he would have some sort of role at the club, looked a decent player when gave a good run. Maybe another one who wants ftf and has to go elsewhere to get it.

Will Hughes does the job better than Bails.......

totally disagree. They play a completely different game. Will Hughes is dynamic and full of movement, will close down the opposition, occasionally get ahead of the ball and sometimes around the opposition area. Bailey is more rigid, disciplined and static in terms of he'll wait for the ball to get to him and pick off the toe of the opposition as they try and pass him, he's more inclined to be a protective barrier for the defence and everything will be happening in front of him.

Ahh the glory days of having Tan Man Bailey and Old Man Savage in central midfield, sometimes with the addition of Invisible Man Pearson. is it any wonder opposition teams used to stroll through us at will?

p.s. I actually really liked Bailey, but I can see how we have better options now.

why dont people just back the transfers in or out? People have nothing better to do but to slag players/staff of.

Well maybe because all the players going out are players that Clough has signed in the last 2 years or less. So isnt he slagging them off? This constantly revolving door is all very well, maybe its a way of refreshing the squad. But  oldies like me find it a bit bewildering, Grant goes out replaced by Camp, then Bywater, then Carroll, then back to Bywater, then Fielding, then Lezgdins and now back to Grant again. What have we gained? Nothing.   

Well maybe because all the players going out are players that Clough has signed in the last 2 years or less. So isnt he slagging them off? This constantly revolving door is all very well, maybe its a way of refreshing the squad. But  oldies like me find it a bit bewildering, Grant goes out replaced by Camp, then Bywater, then Carroll, then back to Bywater, then Fielding, then Lezgdins and now back to Grant again. What have we gained? Nothing.   

Kept people on their toes lol

totally disagree. They play a completely different game. Will Hughes is dynamic and full of movement, will close down the opposition, occasionally get ahead of the ball and sometimes around the opposition area. Bailey is more rigid, disciplined and static in terms of he'll wait for the ball to get to him and pick off the toe of the opposition as they try and pass him, he's more inclined to be a protective barrier for the defence and everything will be happening in front of him.

like I said, Will does it better.................

Archived