Outs.

TroyDyer

Clough says Fielding, Legdz, Theo, Bailey, Tyson, O Connor, all allowed to leave and find new clubs. 

Disappointed with Bailey and Theo. The others were pretty obvious. 

But before we start to panic, we have managed to keep hold of Conor Doyle. Phew!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clough says Fielding, Legdz, Theo, Bailey, Tyson, O Connor, all allowed to leave and find new clubs. 

Disappointed with Bailey and Theo. The others were pretty obvious. 

But before we start to panic, we have managed to keep hold of Conor Doyle. Phew!

All Clough signings too so maybe he has only himself to blame.

I like Bailey, and I think Theo can do a job. His pace alone is a massive asset. 

The rest are pretty obvious. Grant is number 1 and so are Fielding and Legz, so two were bound to leave. 

O Connor doesn't get a look in, and with another centre half imminent, he's finished. And Tyson is on big wages I would imagine (having come on a free) and injured a lot. 

I am confused about Doyle though. Not really sure what his place is. My mate on twitter said he's there to hold O'Briens crutches. Maybe. 

All Clough signings too so maybe he has only himself to blame.

What's with this 'blame' rubbish? I'm not a Clough fan, but since he's been here it's all been about building (or re-building) the team - we've brought players in to do a job....in some cases that has worked well (Fielding, Ledge, Bailey when he first arrived, Theo up to a point) in others not so good (O'Connor) and in some cases, they've been abject failures (Tyson). I'm  sure that each player has been brought in in the hope that they would improve the existing squad (in most cases for lower wages than the players they replaced) - Clough is no doubt disappointed that some didn't progress as much as he'd hoped.

If we're to progress further (as the fans demand), we have to carry on that building by stripping out those who can't get better (or want to move on) and bringing in more quality - would you rather we kept the dead wood and went backwards?

I am confused about Doyle though. Not really sure what his place is. My mate on twitter said he's there to hold O'Briens crutches. Maybe. 

He's the top scorer in the U21 team. He's on ridiculously low wages, doesn't have to be near the first team if he's not good enough, but Clough just wants one more season to look at him.

It's not like it's a case of Conor Doyle or James Vaughan. You can have both. You can have your cake and nibble at it (Doyle being the nibble, of course).

Clough has been here over 4 years, so they are obviously going to be his signings.

Geeeeeez, I wish some people would think before they write these things.

In fact do we have any players left from pre-Nigel?

Or they were good enough for a mid-table team but not good enough if we want to be a playoff team?

Not one of them though has been able to hold a place down in the team last season, so not really good enough for a mid table team.

WTF!!

We have been over this time and time again. Yes they are his players, yes they are not good enough NOW.. they were brought in for low wages to plug gaps until we get better players in. Which it now looks like we are, so what is the problem?

If it keeps the owners happy and makes them more likely to invest, who are we to judge? I suppose it's like Forest having a tame Kuwaiti on the bench.

Clough has been here over 4 years, so they are obviously going to be his signings.

Geeeeeez, I wish some people would think before they write these things.

Ok, maybe I am only making a debatable point. But I do think it slightly worrying that Clough has signed how many keepers and he still is looking for the best one? And here for 4 years ? that aint that long, Giggs has outlasted Ferguson whos been at Manure for 26 years!  I would prefer to see less quantity of deals and a bit more quality.  

Ok, maybe I am only making a debatable point. But I do think it slightly worrying that Clough has signed how many keepers and he still is looking for the best one? And here for 4 years ? that aint that long, Giggs has outlasted Ferguson whos been at Manure for 26 years!  I would prefer to see less quantity of deals and a bit more quality.  

He has been shopping in the bargain basement though so you've got to expect a decent failure rate. With the amount we've been paying I'd say they werent even failures as most will recover their transfer fees.

Archived