Chris Martin.

TroyDyer

Before I start, I well say, conor sammon had an excellent game today...for conor sammon. Hens not a great footballer and we certainly don't need another thread about this.

He created the first excellently, and put himself about. He did everything but be a goalscorer. But we now except thats not what he is.

Anyway. Recently there have been several comments about how poor chris martin is. I didn't bite and ignored.

Chris martin is an excellent footballer. And as a clough outer, I applaud nigel for getting him in. credit where it's due nige. Great signing.

The stupid thing about football fans is they applaud all huff and no puff. Martin doesn't break his back closing down the goalie, like sammon, because he doesnt need too.

He holds.the ball, wins headers, ands given half a yard will bang in a goal. hes clinical.

I would sign and invest on a goalscorer to play off him. And you may have your answer.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Martin plays like he did before he extended his loan then I'd agree but IMO he's been poor recently didn't play that well today for me despite his nice goal.

And Sammon had a good game full stop not just for Conor Sammon.

I have criticised martin recently - but today thought he played well.

The difference was he didn't roll about paddying and got on with playing football. He linked up with Sammon and was there for the flick lbs won by Sammon.

As a pair they play well when the other us on form - if one isn't then they both are poor.

I keep saying this, great ability but lazy/unfit.

He won't change. Always remember him like this for Norwich. He's good and interested in picking the ball up at his feet and providing neat lay offs and tidy flicks etc. doubt he'll ever do more than that. Like Steve Davies, just not interested in chasing punts.

A summer behind him will help his sharpness I think. Freshen the legs and make him more if what he is.... But I doubt we'll ever see him chase much. Just not his game.

He's been a nuisance against us before. Plenty of diving and moaning and was just picking the ball up in dangerous areas.

Might be a marmite player. Again like Savies.

I hope he signs. Gets some summer to work on his sharpness and get those legs a yard faster. Looks to be playing out the season now.

Best first touch out of any of our attackers.

Good with both feet.

Very slow.

Lazy.

Would be a high wage i presume.

Likely to come on a free agent.

Likes to drop off the centre backs and pick the ball up.

Always seems to have at least one good goalscoring opportunity in every game, i would say good positioning.

Great holder up of the ball.

Can win a few headers, especially attacking headers towards goal.

He won't change. Always remember him like this for Norwich. He's good and interested in picking the ball up at his feet and providing neat lay offs and tidy flicks etc. doubt he'll ever do more than that. Like Steve Davies, just not interested in chasing punts.

A summer behind him will help his sharpness I think. Freshen the legs and make him more if what he is.... But I doubt we'll ever see him chase much. Just not his game.

He's been a nuisance against us before. Plenty of diving and moaning and was just picking the ball up in dangerous areas.

Might be a marmite player. Again like Savies.

I hope he signs. Gets some summer to work on his sharpness and get those legs a yard faster. Looks to be playing out the season now.

Well do we really need another player to chase? Surely should compliment Sammons chasing well.

Archived