Thread locking/Censorship

Mostyn6

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps there is substance.

The judgement that something that appears on twitter is less worthy than the rumours column of some lazy tabloid is a pretty poor one.

Perhaps it's just a **** rule.

Still, back to the slagging off michael Keane threads or one of the multiple tom huddlestone threads.

its a crap rule because twitter is full of facts ;)

The section is called transfer talk.

If you are going to tut tut at people interpreting that in a particular way, perhaps you can change the name.

'Transfer talk of which the mods approve'?

'Transfer talk sourced from newspapers we can trust'?

I'll leave the details to you.

I think the topic description covers it pretty much.

If something is printed in a tabloid, it becomes a rumour, because it's printed in the national press. It's slightly different to some 12 year old kid coming up with something random on twitter. Whilst I agree that most tabloid stories have no more truth in them than that second example, the former is far more worthy of discussion as it's anything printed in the national press is considered a rumour, rather than people crying out for attention on twitter.

That's not something that's changed recently, that sub-section has always been the same.

Duracell pretty much summed it up, we do have a ****** rumour thread if people want to post these up.

I've also opened it up to the members before looking for suggestions on how the board should be kept, most ended up liking it the way it is. As always we're open to suggestions.

Archived