Thread locking/Censorship

Mostyn6

Who decides when to lock a thread?

I notice someone asked for my thread to be locked, with no real reason, it didn't go against the forum rules and wasn't offensive/defamatory/libellous.

I think it's a bit concerning that just as there's an element of criticism of the manager, people label it a 'Clough Out' thread, when it truth it was a thread about his media-handling and  (lack of) motivational skills.

So is that it? Someone says 'lock it' and it gets locked?

Now I have to launch a new thread.

I notice there are about 10 threads talkiing about "relegation", "being safe from relegation" etc, surely these are the same topic.

It's not very good to censor the feelings of genuine Derby fans just because it doesn't fall in line with the opinions of the moderators.

I'm pretty sure if you look at twitter and other forums and media outlet, as well as pay attention to the whole cross-section of Derby fans, you'll notice that not everybody is happy with the manager, the owners, the players or all of them, or maybe a few.

I think it should be a warning given for anyone for suggesting that people voicing their opinions are either a WUM or a F*rest fan.

I'm disappointed your site is biased.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your post Mostyn and sorry you feel the way you do. I've just logged on, so all I can say at this point is that your views will be discussed in the mod room and we'll get back to you when we can.

Who decides when to lock a thread?

I notice someone asked for my thread to be locked, with no real reason, it didn't go against the forum rules and wasn't offensive/defamatory/libellous.

I think it's a bit concerning that just as there's an element of criticism of the manager, people label it a 'Clough Out' thread, when it truth it was a thread about his media-handling and  (lack of) motivational skills.

So is that it? Someone says 'lock it' and it gets locked?

Now I have to launch a new thread.

I notice there are about 10 threads talkiing about "relegation", "being safe from relegation" etc, surely these are the same topic.

It's not very good to censor the feelings of genuine Derby fans just because it doesn't fall in line with the opinions of the moderators.

I'm pretty sure if you look at twitter and other forums and media outlet, as well as pay attention to the whole cross-section of Derby fans, you'll notice that not everybody is happy with the manager, the owners, the players or all of them, or maybe a few.

I think it should be a warning given for anyone for suggesting that people voicing their opinions are either a WUM or a F*rest fan.

I'm disappointed your site is biased.

Mostyn, the thread wasn't locked because of your opinion, or anyone's opinion.

The thread had already descended into personal attacks and was going round in circles. Lots of "told you so" posts and "I bet you're glad we lost" etc.

It's unfortunate it was your thread was locked but that doesn't mean it's your fault. It was just clear the thread was descending into something other than a debate or discussion.

okay, that's fair enough. I just saw the later posts demanding it being locked and then it being locked. NOW if I want to carry on that conversation, I have to digress another thread or start a new one.

There are plenty of threads to digress to. As I'm sure you are aware, most of the forum knows your opinion now :lol:

so if my rumour doesn't go in the Transfer Talk section... where does it go?

Just because it hasn't yet made it to the BBC (other reputable gossip columns are available) yet, doesn't mean it's not a rumour worthy of discussion.

so if my rumour doesn't go in the Transfer Talk section... where does it go?

Just because it hasn't yet made it to the BBC (other reputable gossip columns are available) yet, doesn't mean it's not a rumour worthy of discussion.

The "Transfer Talk" section is for "real" transfer speculation, which means something reported in the mainstream media. There are rules for the section quite clearly stated on the banner at the top.

Of course, that's not to say you don't get real garbage on there from some of the red tops, but it's for comment on real transfer speculation.

This is a private forum owned solely by one individual. If a person who is making the mods life a misery, and others members too, they will be banned.

No reasons given, banned, deleted, adios.

If banning a member keeps the majority of the forum happy and the place remains a nice forum to visit, it will be done.

It might feel an injustice, it might be an injustice.

Oh well, life ain't fair sometimes.

There's no forum ombudsman that will decide if you were unfairly treated. There's no companies looking to get you compensation, you're gone, sent off, stumped, clean bowled, caught behind (erm) snookered, check mate.

This is a private forum owned solely by one individual. If a person who is making the mods life a misery, and others members too, they will be banned.

No reasons given, banned, deleted, adios.

If banning a member keeps the majority of the forum happy and the place remains a nice forum to visit, it will be done.

It might feel an injustice, it might be an injustice.

Oh well, life ain't fair sometimes.

There's no forum ombudsman that will decide if you were unfairly treated. There's no companies looking to get you compensation, you're gone, sent off, stumped, clean bowled, caught behind (erm) snookered, check mate.

Bit unnecessary. I'm only asking a question ffs!

Archived