Should we recall Theo?

Davey B

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be honest in that he isn't good enough, and there is absolutely no way I can knock his goalscoring record but, his overall game is so poor.

His touch is bad, I have never seen him pick the ball up from outside the box and make a chance for himself - for every Robinson goal, there is usually an assist to go with it and him scoring the goals in the quantity he did said more about our midfield than anything else. He is getting a lot of abuse at Huddersfield for being poor, because he isn't scoring goals - and if Theo isn't scoring, he isn't doing anything.

Interesting thought for people, how many games where Theo DIDN'T score in did you say he played well, because I don't think I ever have. I like him, and have a lot of time for him - I do for anyone that works hard, but the majority are right.. we need more quality upfront, and that's not necessarily just a comment made for our goalscoring ability... it's a comment made for their overall game.

I want to see people come in with a better touch, more movement and a bit more about them than the current strikers - which again has been pointed out, seems to be a problem with a lot of teams and a lot of championship clubs will be asking for a similar signing this summer.  

This is a little bit of a strange thread now I think about it...why? For one reason...

Theo's appearances for Huddersfield: 6 Goals: 0

No, lets not recall him.

Didn't even get into the 18 today.

Be here next season sadly, gobbling up wages with us unable to get a replacement, same for Tyson. Don't see any one paying a fee for them as they are rubbish on the ball.

Don't blame them though, it is the club for offering the contracts.

No, we don't need him. Martin is doing fine. He scored at Cardiff which was wrongly given offside. Scored yesterday given offside. Scored against Leicester. Won the penalty at Leeds. No issue with Martin as a striker. Plus we have young players to use as sub strikers if needed.

You missed the Blackpool home game then?

No, I did remember that game.. but from what I remember it was far from a 'controlled' goal.. and got extremely lucky with the finish that went straight through the keeper. 

I don't think I'm wrong in saying, overall he isn't good enough - he does however get goals, but he isn't exactly clinical either. 

No, I did remember that game.. but from what I remember it was far from a 'controlled' goal.. and got extremely lucky with the finish that went straight through the keeper.

I don't think I'm wrong in saying, overall he isn't good enough - he does however get goals, but he isn't exactly clinical either.

I agreed with everything there.

But that goal vs Blackpool was actually in fairness to theo very good with a quality low finish under pressure

I agreed with everything there.

But that goal vs Blackpool was actually in fairness to theo very good with a quality low finish under pressure

Watch it again though, I don't think he has any other choice - he just about gets the end of his toe on the ball and it creeps under the keeper, he couldn't of stayed on his feet much longer - and I'll give him credit for getting something on it, but any decent keeper should of saved it IMO.

His best finish for me was against Wolves, he finished that with real quality. 

I like him as a player, but if he is the answer to our problems - then we don't deserve to be in the championship. Which Huddersfield are currently finding out. 

Theo has gone he won't play again same for Tyson end of

The door's still open for Tyson. Theo's parting rant made sure his wasn't.

Don't think Theo will return, but lets be honest his goal record wasn't to bad & after all isn't that what a forwards main job is...to score goals? Just because it isn't working out for him in the Hudd doesn't detract from his record at Derby.

Ward also has a pretty decent goal record up front..but has now been shipped off to the wing to accomadate the prolific Martin...seems the worst thing you can do at Derby is have a decent goal record whilst playing up front......maybe Nigel prefers his forwards to have the cutting edge of a spoon, but work hard for the team????

We're not going up, we're probably not going down. I don't see that we have a need between now and the end of season to improve our strikeforce.

Doyle and Bennett should be getting game time. We should be looking at targets for the summer (which I'm sure we are).

Many people have said we can't move to the next level without a better strikeforce, and I agree. Having him back is a step back.

I can recall Theo.

I recall him running around like a headless chicken and tripping over to score goals, and missing easy ones.

Most of his running was chasing his first touch.

Boo.

Just for a minute I thought you had inserted Theo's name into a Sammon post, at least untill I noticed that his tripping over sometimes resulted in goals...

Archived