Should we recall Theo?

Davey B

People say that his touch isn't the best, but as a striker he scores goals which is what Derby needs and his record in a derby shirt hasn't been bettered by any other striker on a "games started/played" this season or last.

Anyone have an opinion?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 in 16 starts for derby. You need to play a player in his proper position to judge them fairly, and this didnt always happen with Theo.

Correct he was on the pitch and he isn't a footballer, he belongs on a running track.

9 in 16 starts for derby. You need to play a player in his proper position to judge them fairly, and this didnt always happen with Theo.

Talk about judging things fairly? How about say how many games he played rather than how many starts he had. He never scored 9 goals IN 16 starts. He scored 9 goals but only started 16 games...

Talk about judging things fairly? How about say how many games he played rather than how many starts he had. He never scored 9 goals IN 16 starts. He scored 9 goals but only started 16 games...

Because when a player gets brought on at 85 minutes its not fair to say that they did not score in that game because they only played for 5 minutes. That's why I used the "16 starts".

Given Bennett more of a go.He's physically up for it now and has got a lot of experience playing at various levels. If not now when. Because if we are bringing in a striker where will he be.

I agree. I think he deserves a chance. He warms up for 90 minutes and doesn't get a look in. It can't be doing his confidence any good.

Because when a player gets brought on at 85 minutes its not fair to say that they did not score in that game because they only played for 5 minutes. That's why I used the "16 starts".

So? Don't include those 5 minute substitute appearances then, and along with it don't include the goals! You can't just make stats up so a player sounds better than he is...if you want to give fair representation then say he scored so many goals in so many minutes, or atleast go to the effort of saying how many starts and sub appearances he made rather then just the former.

I think we need a total re-think striker wise. Maybe it's too late to bring him back now, besides, think I'd rather see Bennett given a start. 

Totally agree with this,,,,I think its time to shelve any thoughts on signing Martin & give Bennett a run until the end of the season...

I think if we are serious about a promotion push next year Nigel needs to go back to the drawing board with our strike force..... I don't think Martin is the answer, although his team mate Simeon Jackson could possibly do a decent job....

Archived