Football fans happy just 58% of the time....

uttoxram75

Found this on Mirror OnLine, had a quick look for the full survey but can't find it, love to see more detail if any one else can find the original survey.

Supporting a football team is enjoyable for just 58% of the time.

The mood and temperament of the average fan is affected by factors including the atmosphere at home games, a club’s heritage and image plus the style of play.

Backing one of the top seven clubs in the Premier League was exciting for 61% of the time, while fans of Manchester United, who are way ahead in the table, were the happiest, on 69%.

Championship club fans were the most glum on 48% while those in League Two were positive 59% of the time, bookies Ladbrokes found.

The firm said: “League Two fans have low expectations, so enjoy watching their teams play, no matter whether they win or lose.”

About 40% said they backed the team nearest to their birthplace, rather than more successful clubs.

But almost 33% said they had switched allegiance since their childhood.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised in a way that manu fans are happy 69% of the time, I know they're glory hunters but being a man u fan must make you a little bit sick in the back of your mouth every time you think about it. Imagine if you were a manu supporting estate agent for instance - surely death would be preferable to having to look yourself in the mirror of a morning, knowing that you couldn't be much more hated unless you started hanging around playgrounds in a grubby overcoat?

When we win I revel in it, when we lose I think about something else as best I can. Can't let it get you down.

Well, if i'm honest , when i was six , when asked by other kids at school ,

who i support , i wasn't even interested in football , but blurted out the name

of the top team in the country , at that time..

work out who , for yourselves..

:)

Blackburn Olympic? 

You must be 140 now then.

Glory hunter. ;)

It doesn't suprise me that NPC fans are the most glum.. We all believe we can do alot better than what we are doing now..

The happiest has to be the very top clubs who win trophies every year and the very bottom clubs that don't have expectations and just enjoy the day out to watch abit of football..

Everyone in between feels they can do better, which naturally leads to moaning about one thing or another..

Of the NPC, who can honestly say they are happy? The only fans I can think of are Cardiff fans, Brighton fans, perhaps Barnsley and P'Boro fans and currently Forest fans (Forest will most likely change)

The rest are naturally going to be unhappy as we all feel we are underachieving

Well Dangerous isn't happy 58% of the time. I bet on the rare occasion he is happy then 58% of him wishes he were miserable.

I miss that fella. Makes me laugh. And JW, what's happened to him and his one liners?

I have been happy this season, i've only seen us lose 3 times, and I've watched us win 10 games.

That's the joy of not travelling to away games, too often and missing the odd home game. 

but as Bris said, everyone thinks they should be doing better - we will always demand play-offs at the very least or we'll moan and even if we got there we would still moan!

I would say as a Derby fan, in modern times we're happy about 33% of the time - If I was a prospective new fan I wouldn't touch Derby with a 10 ft bargepole! 

Archived