We'll be fine

Albert

but the context of the post is well be fine in that we wont go down, not the same as the context you are using which is well be in a fine position

No. But then the current form thread I posted, that albert labelled as 'ridiculous' didn't state that we'd go down either. 

I simply said that we're now left in a situation where I think Bristol at home is a must win game. That's a very sad state of affairs given we were Playoff contenders (Not that we ever were) and Clough was taking us places (Not that he is) just a few weeks ago. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. But then the current form thread I posted, that albert labelled as 'ridiculous' didn't state that we'd go down either. 

I simply said that we're now left in a situation where I think Bristol at home is a must win game. That's a very sad state of affairs given we were Playoff contenders (Not that we ever were) and Clough was taking us places (Not that he is) just a few weeks ago.

We were far closer to the playoffs earlier in the season than we are likely to face a relegation battle between now and the end of the season.

why is Bristol a must win game if we ate in no danger of going down

why is Bristol a must win game if we ate in no danger of going down

Because Troy said so, isn't it obvious.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure he's a troll. I can't find one positive post from him. If he isn't a troll then either he only posts when he's upset about something (normally something irrelevant or misrepresented) or he's one of the most negative people I've seen on here, and that's some achievement.

Why does everybody (or is it just one) keep insisting we'll finish in 19th place? Has everybody got a crystal ball these days and I missed the handouts?

I use a magic 8 ball... and the superb brain and knowledge of @tipsfromfish

The only league where you can accurately predict league places on statistics is the Premiership, most clubs are probably with in two/three places of where they were predicted to be at seasons start, bar probably Newcastle.

I bet very few people had Palace/Watford in the promotion battle on 1 August, with Wolves/Blackpool in a relgation battle.

The only side in the same place currently than they were last season are Derby County.

Form tables are a bit misleading too, two months ago the likes of Forest, Palace, Bolton were in terrible form, now they are all near the top of the form.

There is no reason why we can't win any fixture in this league, there is no runaway side with players a class above, like Newcastle in 2010, Reading in 2006 or Sunderland in 1999. We have got two points against Cardiff this season and with it could be argued with the performances in both games we could have got six points. Last season we did the double over Blackpool, but Blackpool could have won both on the chances created.

The main factors in being a good team at this level is management, quality of players. desire of players, luck, tactics/organsition. In the PL, money comes out top, with quality second, management third.

Never mind staying up. It never crossed my mind we should be worried about relegation.

I'm disappointed we've let the Play Off's get so far away. I wanted us to finish on a high and ready to pick up the few extra points that we need next season. We were in a good position a month or so ago.

Never mind staying up. It never crossed my mind we should be worried about relegation.

I'm disappointed we've let the Play Off's get so far away. I wanted us to finish on a high and ready to pick up the few extra points that we need next season. We were in a good position a month or so ago.

Fully agree. It's been an incredibly frustrating period. The totally flat Forest performance came out of nowhere and since then it's been disappointing yet frustratingly acceptable. A couple of below par games but other than that we've still played really well. I'm expecting that to get jumped on but I really do believe we've played well. I've watched every second of the games back and how we haven't got more points is beyond me.

We need some wins just to get the mood back to normal. No-ones talking about going crazily positive just a nice atmosphere for them to play in at home between now and the end of the season. Brayford out is a big miss and we'll really need the crowd to stay behind the players.

Roll on the return of Hughes and then roll on the summer. It could have been so much more for so much longer. Strange season.

Fully agree. It's been an incredibly frustrating period. The totally flat Forest performance came out of nowhere and since then it's been disappointing yet frustratingly acceptable. A couple of below par games but other than that we've still played really well. I'm expecting that to get jumped on but I really do believe we've played well. I've watched every second of the games back and how we haven't got more points is beyond me.

We need some wins just to get the mood back to normal. No-ones talking about going crazily positive just a nice atmosphere for them to play in at home between now and the end of the season. Brayford out is a big miss and we'll really need the crowd to stay behind the players.

Roll on the return of Hughes and then roll on the summer. It could have been so much more for so much longer. Strange season.

Fully agree. The Bolton game, how did they manage to score? Watford away, Palace at home, Sheff Wed away...... All of them we did enough and created enough to have won the games. Watford away perhaps not so much but they've dropped points against worse opponents. Many Watford fans would agree to that. Perhaps due to simple moments of concentration and composure at each end of the pitch. We've fallen the wrong side of the fine line too many times and now it's put a cloud over a decent season.

I believe you make your own luck and there key moments in many games where we have been punished for bad decisions and let opponents off when it's been at the other end.

Small things, big impact.

Such a shame.

May I just repeat, we'll be fine.

Although I admire your confidence I would argue that our current form does not put us in a position to be sure of anything.

I fear our confidence levels are dropping alarmingly and we can't afford to go into any of our remaining games low on confidence because teams will pick up on it and have a real go at us which I fear we seem unable to cope with right now.

Archived