Adam Legzdins v Frank Fielding

you-rams

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at a lot of the goals we have conceded from set pieces, I'm not sure how Frankie would have done any better? 

We are indeed losing too many goals but off the top of my head can't think of any where I'd hold Lego directly responsible.

Therefore I'd see no reason to drop him.

Looking ahead though, goalkeeper is one position we are spoiled in, would it make sense to sell one to raise money to spend in other areas? 

Legzdins gets out of position too many times for set pieces. Where as Frank doesnt come off his line. At least Frank is in a better position to attempt a save.

So now we are blaming the keeper for the terrible defending. Keogh has lost his man how many times. For me Lego is the more commanding keeper, its the usual on here the person not playing is always better

Terrible defending? Sorry what happend on friday? Hardly to defenders fault?

Morch won't go. Very highly rated by our youth coaching so i'm told. Atkins couldn't get in Burtons 11 so he'll be off, hopefully Deeney as well but i can see him getting a 1 year extension behind the scenes. Can see Fielding going. He's a good championship keeper and will want to be playing first team football at this age. Morch as number two? I don't know. We'll have to see

Terrible defending? Sorry what happend on friday? Hardly to defenders fault?

There was me thinking the attacker ran past Keogh before latching onto the ball. Lego was slow of his line after the players first touch but we dont know if he had come out quicker he would have got there though. Or are you just copying Radio Derby? In the topic its talking about all the goals we let in from set pieces.

There was me thinking the attacker ran past Keogh before latching onto the ball. Lego was slow of his line after the players first touch but we dont know if he had come out quicker he would have got there though. Or are you just copying Radio Derby? In the topic its talking about all the goals we let in from set pieces.

Have to agree with you, the attackers first touch was 10 yards outside the penalty area and was one on one with lego if he came out quicker he would of meet the player roughly on the 18 yard box, what then? side out of his area, yes maybe positioning could of been better but I still fancied the Palace player to score. IMO it was a freak goal. If that was a pass from a Palace player I would I though the defence would/should of dealt with and Lego would of been better prepared. It was a deflection that looped over our defence and straight in the path of the Palace player.

Boulton was absolutely brilliant in one on ones when strikers were clean through.

Suggest they look at some old clips to see how its done.

At the fan forum last year the club spoke very highly of Fielding, and let's not forget that he was on the fringes of the international set-up at one point. He's not become a bad keeper overnight just because he's not in the team. Plus how many threads did we have slagging him off or calling for him to be dropped before he got injured (I think it was zero)

The key thing they mentioned about Fielding was that for his age, he has played an awful lot of first team football – compared to Legzdins he is much more experienced.

I see no reason why he shouldn't come back in for the rest of the season, we don't have much left to play for after all

At the fan forum last year the club spoke very highly of Fielding, and let's not forget that he was on the fringes of the international set-up at one point. He's not become a bad keeper overnight just because he's not in the team. Plus how many threads did we have slagging him off or calling for him to be dropped before he got injured (I think it was zero)

The key thing they mentioned about Fielding was that for his age, he has played an awful lot of first team football – compared to Legzdins he is much more experienced.

I see no reason why he shouldn't come back in for the rest of the season, we don't have much left to play for after all

International set up, yes he did with just like Scott Loach who is warming the Ipswich bench and Joe Lewis who is warming Cardiffs bench. Maybe its a bad sign getting called up for a young keeper

Archived