Give Sammon a break

BrysonsBoys

The guy has shown he has no composure in front of goal. Cannot hit a barn door let alone place a well timed, powerful and accurate shot into a corner.

That's exactly why he should go nowhere near penalties and Cloughs management skills are diabolical for not realising this.

Says in the paper today that Sammon is second on the list of penalty takers. Then again Clough only see's Sammo in training everyday, and you've already made your oppinion on him based on your expert knowledge, bet your like a scout or something arent you? Surely must work in football right?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the 90 minutes on Rams Player as I couldnt make the game. Sammons worst game for Derby.

He must improve or he should be dropped, thats what your squad is for. However we dont have a replacement.

I think he's a poor player, however Friday night was infinitely better than Watford away!

To be honest I've had enough this season. Roll on May

Just watched the 90 minutes on Rams Player as I couldnt make the game. Sammons worst game for Derby. 

He must improve or he should be dropped, thats what your squad is for. However we dont have a replacement. 

I think you need a bigger screen, he played ok on Friday.

Clough should take him out of the firing line, he is clearly not playing well and with every poor performance is alienating supporters even more (if that's possible with some of you!).

But he should also come out in the media and say he's a bit off form, but an important player for us, he'll be back and firing etc etc, build the lad's confidence up a bit.

Problem for Cloughie is that he's a stubborn bugger and the more people get on Sammon's back, the more likely he is to play him!

I think Sammon’s main problem is that someone has told him that he’s a centre-forward. Sadly, he has none of the qualities of a good centre-forward.

He doesn’t attack the ball – so he won’t score many goals

He is terrible at bringing the ball down – as a striker he will always have a marker, so he just loses the ball almost every time

He can’t jump – so he loses almost every contested header, meaning he can’t do headed flicks, knock downs or goal bound headers

He’s slow over five yards – this is where it counts as a striker, by the time he’s got his legs going the ball has gone

However, I reckon he’d be a useful defensive midfielder

Superb work rate – he could really provide cover for the defence

Good at tackling – he gets in lots of blocks and rarely gives away fouls

Good eye for a pass – with a little more space to control the ball he could really be an asset

Strong – would add some presence in the centre of the park

Quick over thirty yards – when he gets moving he’s got some pace, he would be able to use this more in midfield

Sammon looks average at best for this division. Despite that he still contributes more than much of the dross we’ve seen over the past few years, he’s way better than the majority of our recent scapegoats, and he isn’t permanently crocked like many of our recent strikers and creative AMs.

Like Bavies, it’s disappointing that things haven’t worked out as well as we hoped. Like Bavies he needs support from the fans and probably won’t get it.

hes a centre forward whos not scoring goals! its not about liking him or not he is not doing his job simple!

give him a break for a game or two he needs to understand goals win games not work rate,lets give Bennet and martin a run of two or three games weve got nothing to lose the season is fizzling out as per anyway.

The game is about goals and he doesn't take enough of the chances hes given

Says in the paper today that Sammon is second on the list of penalty takers. Then again Clough only see's Sammo in training everyday, and you've already made your oppinion on him based on your expert knowledge, bet your like a scout or something arent you? Surely must work in football right?

This type of comment gets one my nerves, and sorry for singling yours out, but it bugs me. Just because people aren't employed in football and just because Nigel see's the players in training, it doesn't mean people's opinions can't differ from his. If we went by that logic then no manager would get sacked, as they all know better than us, the board, etc. we could still have Gregory or Jewell in charge.

We're fans we all have opinions on players, formations, etc, right or wrong we have them. If yours is different then good it leads to a debate, which is part of what this is about, but don't go with the "we must trust the manager, he knows better than us" mantra.

Have you got one of those new types where you need special glasses?

You know, the rose tinted kind

If I was watching on a computer screen I would definitely need glasses (rose tinted or otherwise), but from my comfy seat in the West Stand my eyes are great. He did OK on Friday in my correct opinion :-)

If I was watching on a computer screen I would definitely need glasses (rose tinted or otherwise), but from my comfy seat in the West Stand my eyes are great. He did OK on Friday in my correct opinion :-)

"http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/886894_10200844047450304_1442317416_o" alt="886894_10200844047450304_1442317416_o.jp">

Funny that, from my comfy seat in the West Stand it looked like Sammon was really poor

I really thought the crowd were superb on Friday night, for a group that talk so often about our manager as having poor man management and "killing" the confidence of players.

I didn't see Clough booing Sammon, neither before or after the spot kick.

Is man management the latest stick?

What makes you say that Clough's man management skills are questionable?

To be fair to Leicester Ram he is about 16 years old so has obviously had a great deal of experience in man management.

You do realise I'm pro-clough?

You'll actually find I'm referring to Commons and Hulse talking about Cloughs poor man management when they left, the only reason I'd bring it up. And the situation with Cywka? Doesn't take a genius (or someone over the age of 16) to see that Clough can be a stubborn bar steward too. I'm inclined to believe that he'll play Sammon as he believes he has to get his moneys worth and prove he's a good signing. He'll not want to play with two smaller strikers too.

I also have a lot of experience in man management, on both Football Manager and fifa where I have won multiple titles with a variety of clubs over consecutive years (all on Legendary or World Class). Who looks a fool now, eh?

I dread to think what poor is then, in your opinion :-)

From my position in the South East corner Sammon had a decent game :mellow:

I wouldn't go as far as to say he was decent.

Still waiting to hear why Jacobs doesn't get booed when his crosses fail to get past the first man.

Strangely all of the people who think it is acceptable to boo a poor piece of play haven't responded to that question yet.

"http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/886894_10200844047450304_1442317416_o" alt="886894_10200844047450304_1442317416_o.jp">

Funny that, from my comfy seat in the West Stand it looked like Sammon was really poor

That's because of your cheap seat at the back. The players look tiny and you’re so far from the pitch you can see the curvature of the earth.

Archived