Ashamed of our fans tonight

rad1919

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that stumped me last night at FT was a lot of people boo'ed but then clapped the players off the pitch.  :huh:

Nothing like f##king with their heads. Make your minds up. 

maybe they were booing the ref like they did the first half.

The booing was for Sammon, not the team, and I think the realisation of booing a good attacking performance kicked in after about 5 seconds.

Didnt go to the game tonight as I was doing charity work. Gave my season tickets to a friend he said it was an excellent game and we could have got 2 or 3 without the penalty.

But as we say, it's always could have and if and but and maybe. We need some experienced players.

I have questions:

Did Martin play well?

Was the goal we conceded good attacking or poor defending?

Was it the whole ground that booed Sammon, or just a minority?

Was it poor tactics from the staff or did the gameplan work?

I think we all want to hear more about your charity work if you can bear to tell us...

Hamstring again.**** He was being a tosser. Doing keepy uppies then punted the ball up field. Serves him right.

I really despair for some of you lot, he was doing his best to defend because Roberts was out of position, and as for "serves him right" you should be ashamed of yourself.

I really despair for some of you lot, he was doing his best to defend because Roberts was out of position, and as for "serves him right" you should be ashamed of yourself.

Why should I? His own showing off has caused his hamstring to go. There was no need for him to do what he did. Now he's injured and our top goalscorer has gone.

To me somebody who starts doing skills then injures himself is a tosser.

Occasionally i cop for the misfortune of sitting near a bloke who keeps up an incessant running commentary all game which goes...

" hold it hold it, turn, play it wide, now move, to coutts, and again, go again, good ball, our ball ref, drop back , drop back , keepers ball, push up, push up, one two, track the man, watch the number 9, your man bucko, go again...."

Oh fkn hell.

If you hear reports of fighting, or of one of our fans getting stabbed in the buttocks, it will be him.

Yes you with the specs and the two young daughters.

Sat in north stand and the boos for Sammon were unbelievable, especially in the second half.

Even prior to the penalty, sections of the crowd were calling for him to be replaced. Can't say I blame them either, he was shockingly poor.

Why didn't Bennett replace Sammon or even the so called wonder kid Conor Doyle? Both would have offered more. Coutts and Brayford put in numerous crosses and Sammon just stood there like he crapped himself. He never gets in the poachers position, so it's no wonder he has a mere half a dozen goals to his name.

And the best one for me was despite his obvious poor effort, he stepped up and took the penalty! Who the bleeding hell decided that?! Davies was on the pitch why not him? Bryson? Jacobs? Was the most predictable penalty miss I've ever seen at Pride Park.

Don't blame the fans for booing, his performance last night was a absolute disgrace and its just not acceptable for someone performing like that to be given the full 90. He should have scored a hat trick the amount of chances he had.

Long time lurker, I finally have to voice my frustration with some of my fellow supporters.   Everyone's heart was in their mouth as Sammon seized the ball....however the instant booing from sections of the crowd was frankly ridiculous.   No-one, in an office, factory, school, shop or football pitch becomes more effective when told they might be **** - and yet some fans thought in might help if they booed before the penalty......mind-blowing logic!   I don't suppose it occurred to any of the booers that some positive support before the kick might've settled Sammon.   As for the 'I've paid my money, I'll voice my opinion' argument, here's a suggestion - stay at home & moan on twitter.   You can always come back when we start winning.

Why should I? His own showing off has caused his hamstring to go. There was no need for him to do what he did. Now he's injured and our top goalscorer has gone.

You obviously didn't watch what happened, he was not 'doing skills or showing off' he was shielding the ball from an opponent, he had to do 3 keep-ups in order to get a good touch on the ball and clear it [over his shoulder] up field.

I'd understand if he used his height to good use, like Rasiak, Howard and Hulse. But Palace won everything in the second half against Sammon in the air, was useless. Bennett did more in his cameo than Sammon the entire game.

Was one of the worse performances of a player I've seen, without a doubt. Even if he had scored the penalty I'd be saying the same,

People slaughter Mikkel Beck, Paul Thirlwell and Stephen Pearson over the years but Sammon isn't far off that bracket.

You are the only one who thinks that way, and thus I suggest you re-think your opinion of the situation. It was not a stupid move, he was helping out in defence.

He would be a tosser if he intentionally injured himself, or was doing skills for no reason. Someone who does kick-ups and then clears it is doing so to kick the ball into the air and then boot it as you get get more distance on the ball.

Get over your own opinion of whether you like a player or not an then understand the move. If Bryson or Keogh had done it, I suspect you wouldn't be saying the same thing.

I would be saying the same no matter who it was.

He doesn't need to do keep ups to shield the ball. And a man with his hamstrings why would you attempt something like that? Obviously he didn't know it was going to happen but still.

If he's got enough time to do keep ups then he's got enough time to bring the ball under control and do something that wouldn't damage his hamstring.

Keep ups are showing off. Why couldn't he of just controlled it. 1 was fair enough but to do 5 is showwing off. End of. He couldve just dribbled the ball away from the man closing him down insted of doing that.

I may be only one with this opinion but frankly I don't care. And I'm not going to rethink it just because I'm a minority.

I would be saying the same no matter who it was.

He doesn't need to do keep ups to shield the ball. And a man with his hamstrings why would you attempt something like that? Obviously he didn't know it was going to happen but still.

If he's got enough time to do keep ups then he's got enough time to bring the ball under control and do something that wouldn't damage his hamstring.

Keep ups are showing off. Why couldn't he of just controlled it. 1 was fair enough but to do 5 is showwing off. End of. He couldve just dribbled the ball away from the man closing him down insted of doing that.

I may be only one with this opinion but frankly I don't care. And I'm not going to rethink it just because I'm a minority.

I would ask you to re-think it because you do kick-ups when clearing the ball over your head to gain height to the ball in order to clear it more effectively, not to show off.

I would ask you to re-think it because you do kick-ups when clearing the ball over your head to gain height to the ball in order to clear it more effectively, not to show off.

Right ok then.

But was that his only option? was that the only thing he couldve done?

No.

His injury was easily preventable.

Now his actions mean now top goalscorer for god knows how long.

Right ok then.

But was that his only option? was that the only thing he couldve done?

No.

His injury was easily preventable.

Now his actions mean now top goalscorer for god knows how long.

You can't get angry at him for getting injured while doing so, he was doing what he should be doing.

And if you're going to get angry at every situation where one of our players doesn't take a certain passing option then you're going to have to hate most of the side, as our passing decisions are all over the place during home games.

His 'actions' to clear a ball having cost us could've happened at any point. If you're going to quibble over him clearing a ball then you might aswell get angry at every powerfully hit kick of the ball by him.

Archived