The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DERBY County have had a bid accepted for Dundee United striker Johnny Russell.

The Scottish Premier League club has confirmed that an undisclosed fee has been agreed for the 23-year-old, believed to be around £700,000.

The Tangerines released a statement on Wednesday evening, which said: “Dundee United today confirmed that an undisclosed fee had been agreed with Derby County for Johnny Russell.

“The transfer is expected to be concluded after the player has completed the necessary formalities early next week.”

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-agree-fee-Scottish-striker-Russell/story-19193621-detail/story.html#ixzz2VNgPzck2
Follow us: @DerbyshireNews on Twitter | thisisderbyshirenews on Facebook

Saw that the chap who works with the academy posted we're looking at shrewsbury right winger, jon taylor.

Any knowledge of this lad? Could he make the step up?

From what I've seen, good player. I believe he's also known as "the fastest player in League 1", Don't know how true that is though.

I guess there are still some decent huge CB's in ex-Yougoslavia. 

Something like a cheeky bid for Boris Pandza - Centre Back at Mechelen on a Bosman, who has been a staple of the Bosnia-Herzegovina squad for the past few years and appears to be built like a brick wall...

Looks well suited for the Championship!

Right then lads Clough has said that we are after 4 more signings 1 has to be Russell  so who do you think the other 3 are? 

I think that 

1. Spurr from doncaster LB (I can see us not getting forsyth now watford didn't get promoted)

2. James Perch Newcastle RB ( In the lively event that Brayford leaves)

3. Some sort of experienced midfielder  (like a delap or something)

What kind of centre half do we want?

A few that have been mentioned are good head-it, kick-it player but for me, we already have Keogh and Jake for that.

Would like a player with abit more pace and decent enough feet (perhaps left-sided too) - a loan deal for that Dutch Chelsea looks ok to me.

Jon Taylor is a decent talent, would hope we're in for him as 'one for the future'

He's a RM as well, so I'm all for it.

He will play a similar role to that of Michael Jacobs last season.Occasional starter but an impact player pushing coutts and davies etc.

What kind of centre half do we want?

A few that have been mentioned are good head-it, kick-it player but for me, we already have Keogh and Jake for that.

Would like a player with abit more pace and decent enough feet (perhaps left-sided too) - a loan deal for that Dutch Chelsea looks ok to me.

I've got a feeling Elliott Ward would be a target (pure gut feeling)

Archived