Derby County v Crystal Palace

davenportram

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4-2 to us. Hendrick fgs, great game from start to finish, played at breakneck pace with skill, verve and total commitment.

I'm feckin working 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> stick yer feckin friday nights up yer feckin arse 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/angry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />

I just think it'll be a game with few chances. We need people in the team that will actually put the ball in the net. That's why if he starts, I don't think we'll win.

Sorry, the ridiculous thing was the baring that Sammon playing meant they would score twice, and without him they wouldn't score at all.

If you believe that Sammon means we'll have no goal threat, then yeah, that's fair enough but how is he not playing going to stop them from scoring.

Sorry, the ridiculous thing was the baring that Sammon playing meant they would score twice, and without him they wouldn't score at all.

If you believe that Sammon means we'll have no goal threat, then yeah, that's fair enough but how is he not playing going to stop them from scoring.

Well, in some games there's 'turning points' and that can happen with people missing easy chances. Say if we went up field and Sammon shoots wide from 6 yards out, the other team then go on to score. (Not all the time though) But it's happened with before, a few times last season and this season. (P'Boro away etc.)

So that's why I think if we have players that will actually put the ball in the net, and we went 2-0 up, it would be hard for them to come back.

Well, in some games there's 'turning points' and that can happen with people missing easy chances. Say if we went up field and Sammon shoots wide from 6 yards out, the other team then go on to score. (Not all the time though) But it's happened with before, a few times last season and this season. (P'Boro away etc.)

So that's why I think if we have players that will actually put the ball in the net, and we went 2-0 up, it would be hard for them to come back.

Now, I could be wrong but isn't Sammons problem getting into positions for chances, I don't think he misses many sitters and he creates a lot himself.

I'll be honest, I like Sammon and think he is far better than made out to be here.. nice to have a striker willing to put himself about, not a prolific player but none-the-less is a battering ram upfront, which I like to see as apposed to Varney type players like sit in pockets for the full 90.

I don't think Sammon is a player that will have a massive baring on the result, I must admit - he could definitely be improved upon, but far from our worst player, far, far from it.

Now, I could be wrong but isn't Sammons problem getting into positions for chances, I don't think he misses many sitters and he creates a lot himself.

I'll be honest, I like Sammon and think he is far better than made out to be here.. nice to have a striker willing to put himself about, not a prolific player but none-the-less is a battering ram upfront, which I like to see as apposed to Varney type players like sit in pockets for the full 90.

I don't think Sammon is a player that will have a massive baring on the result, I must admit - he could definitely be improved upon, but far from our worst player, far, far from it.

I've seen him quite a few times f*ck it up in front of goal.. he always takes 1-2 too many touches, and that's what I have a problem with.. instead of shooting the ball in the net, he ALWAYS takes too long.

I like Sammon, I like his work rate, link up play etc.. but now we have Chris Martin, who apparently is the same sort of player, I'll much rather see him play as he looks more clinical.

If we take our chances, they won't win, if we miss chances, like I think we will with Sammon up front, they'll win. Just my opinion though. I've just lost patience having a striker who can't score. I mean, what is the point in that!?

I've seen him quite a few times f*ck it up in front of goal.. he always takes 1-2 too many touches, and that's what I have a problem with.. instead of shooting the ball in the net, he ALWAYS takes too long.

I like Sammon, I like his work rate, link up play etc.. but now we have Chris Martin, who apparently is the same sort of player, I'll much rather see him play as he looks more clinical.

If we take our chances, they won't win, if we miss chances, like I think we will with Sammon up front, they'll win. Just my opinion though. I've just lost patience having a striker who can't score. I mean, what is the point in that!?

Fair enough, I want to see Martin play and see what he can offer - That means if Sammon is dropped, he is dropped - I just don't think he is the difference between us winning or losing.

He has been no worse than Bryson, Hughes, Roberts, Coutts...etc recently but seems to be made into a scapegoat

Because goals change games...

A team 1-0 up now doesn't have to chase and can counter...

It's amazing how much a goal can change the complete outlook on a game.. Some teams just kick on after scoring, while others fall apart when conceding..

One of the biggest examples was the Leicester game away.. Had we not scored leicester could have won that game 6-0, but that Theo goal completely changed the game.. And then it was Leicester who scored the vital 4th goal, whioch deflated us..

That game could quite easily have been 6-0 to them, 2-2, 2-3 or 2-4 to us but it ended up 4-1 to them.. The goals changed everything.

Archived