Derby County v Crystal Palace

davenportram

Oh dear did I strike a nerve Mr.Mod.So just remind me if the Manager has no responsibility for the

players and tactics what is his job?Think I got it right and so did you but can't admit it.

but if the players don't perform to there best is that completely the managers fault

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clough came out afterwards and said that Conor is the man to take them after Jamie Ward.

It's his fault Sammon took the penalty, not for missing it though

I said that and had the piss taken!

So, lets just get this straight. Every missed penalty in Derby's history is down to whoever was manager at the time?  

So, lets just get this straight. Every missed penalty in Derby's history is down to whoever was manager at the time?  

Clearly. That twonk Brian Clough when that peno got missed at the BBG vs the cheating Italian scum? Scandalously poor manager.

bloke was a total joke mate. his non-league signing got sent off same match......

Non-league Brian? Don't even go there.

I'm obviously not saying that, I am saying making him the second choice penalty taker is a mistake by the manager in my opinion. You disagree and think he's the right man for the job if Jamie Ward isn't on the pitch, I think you are wrong.

I think what people are saying is why did Sammon get to take the penalty when his confidence was already shot to pieces. I just seen the game again and Sammon ran to the ball like a child to step up.

Bryson and Ben Davies have been proven at scoring from the spot in the past.

I'm obviously not saying that, I am saying making him the second choice penalty taker is a mistake by the manager in my opinion. You disagree and think he's the right man for the job if Jamie Ward isn't on the pitch, I think you are wrong.

You are jumping to conclusions there woody. I have not said he's the right man for the job I was merely pointing out the futility of castigating the manager every time a player misses a penalty....i'm sure there's many things that you can blame Clough for but surely the odd penalty miss is a bit harsh to pin on him. It happens mate. Its football.

You are jumping to conclusions there woody. I have not said he's the right man for the job I was merely pointing out the futility of castigating the manager every time a player misses a penalty....i'm sure there's many things that you can blame Clough for but surely the odd penalty miss is a bit harsh to pin on him. It happens mate. Its football.

I know it happens, I didn't mean to castigate the manager, it was Sunday I'd been to the pub to watch the footy and was a bit pissed off with things when I wrote the comment. I'm a big supporter of Nigel, always have been, I think he's done a good job and wouldn't want anyone else in charge. I was meaning to just say that I think he got this call wrong in having Sammon as the penalty taker. I'd back Jamie Ward to score a pen, so if he took one and missed I wouldn't blame the manager.

Archived