Derby County v Crystal Palace

davenportram

Obviously you are trying to defend sammon for missing, but he took the ball and has to take responsibly for the miss. Taking the peno out of the equation, he was poor, he had already missed a good chance, and then stepped up to take a peno, having as far as I know never taken one previously??? Albert ???

It was a poor attemt, he wanted the adulation of getting a goal via an easy chance, he now needs to step up to the mark and prove his worth, unfortunately I can't see anything in his play that says he will.

Definitely not trying to defend him for missing the penalty as it was not a great attempt.Just saying that taking a penalty in any circumstances is not as easy as some people are trying to make out. The only time I have ever been cross over a penalty miss is when Theo tried his little shuffle before taking one in the cup early this season. Personally, I thought he had a decent game last night, he was involved in much of our play but we have to get others up to support him much quicker.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, but against make shift defences for most of those games. Our RB playing as a centre half, and two free players as full backs. Or a Ben Davies at RB and the LB. Even Buxton, how little did he cost? And Roberts? The only other pricey defender we've got is out injured. So no, imo it is because the board don't back him.

make shift defence for most of those? hull wasn't, neither was Wednesday and defense wasn't a problem against Wolves. also it was established players that made mistakes in defense not the kids

When i talk about people not understanding football i am talking about the americans. If they were interested in the football side of things then clough would have been dismissed by now. If clough had any ambitions above being home in time for tea then he would have left by now due to lack of backing.

No one at the club ever talks about where exactly we are supposed to be going.

I don't agree with you that we have a talented team but football is about opinions so we will have to disagree about that, i have no expectation that under this manager and while run by the current owners that Derby will be promoted to the prem. It may be that clough's contractual targets are to develop players who can be sold to raise money for the shareholders, with a small amount of the fees returned to manager to fund further development of young players etc... we will never know because no-one at the club ever says anything that would be indicative of what is really going on.

You will renew and i have stopped going so we wait...........and wait... to see who has made the right decision.

Wow, how loyal.

When i talk about people not understanding football i am talking about the americans. If they were interested in the football side of things then clough would have been dismissed by now. If clough had any ambitions above being home in time for tea then he would have left by now due to lack of backing.

No one at the club ever talks about where exactly we are supposed to be going.

I don't agree with you that we have a talented team but football is about opinions so we will have to disagree about that, i have no expectation that under this manager and while run by the current owners that Derby will be promoted to the prem. It may be that clough's contractual targets are to develop players who can be sold to raise money for the shareholders, with a small amount of the fees returned to manager to fund further development of young players etc... we will never know because no-one at the club ever says anything that would be indicative of what is really going on.

You will renew and i have stopped going so we wait...........and wait... to see who has made the right decision.

Clearly, you have both made the right decision for your personal opinions. You don't enjoy going to the football so you have stopped going which is excellent for you (although you still decide to come on here to slag off much about the team). Needles enjoys going to the games and has been entertained with some excellent football this year so like the majority will renew and carry on going. Where is your problem?

Is anyone else sick of Coutts poor crossing? More than half never beat the first man and almost all the ones that do are weak, aimed at the front post on the ground, not in front of goal. The exception (about 5%) are Okay/good. The example from last night would be the cross that Jacobs met with a volley. 

Check the assist figures.

Check the assist figures.

I'm with UTR, despite his assist tally his crossing isn't as good as it has been. Seems to have been taken off of corner/freekick duty too.  Needs to improve because he gets into some great positions. 

I'm with UTR, despite his assist tally his crossing isn't as good as it has been. Seems to have been taken off of corner/freekick duty too.  Needs to improve because he gets into some great positions. 

He's been off his best since January, I agree.

we are now 13th but for ys to go down 9 teams below us need to do a lot better than us over the rest of the season. We wont go down

Agreed, but equally we don't want to just slip down to 17th or so and the end of the season be mired in misery. Or should I say, even more misery.

Never said we would. I'm saying if we lose our next 3 we're in it. We want a top half finish, a bit of positive focus going into the next season where hopefully we can challenge for PO!

Not untill we actualy sign play that can consistantly play ball right through the season. WE NEED MONEY!!!

I've said everything I wanted to say about the game apart from Gareth Roberts' performance. A classic old pro's performance, used all his experience to keep Zaha in his back pocket and showed just how far Hoganson has to go to be at his level.

I know he looks slow, looks clumsy and isn't the world's best footballer but when fans don't rate him, I really wonder somtimes.

Think Roberts got worse treatment in his first season than sammon is getting now, hopefully sammon will keep plugging away and prove a lot wrong

Roberts received the same type of moronic comments that Sammon is receiving now as did Jake Buxton, probably from many people who don't even go to the games. It appears that Derby supporters (sic) must always have a scapegoat to feed the negative side of the Derbyshire psyche. It isn't a new thing as I remember similar treatment of John McGovern (and to a slightly lesser degree John O'Hare and Alan Hinton) in the Golden days of Clough senior. Eventually they appreciated the contribution that these players made.

no its a combination of manage, tactics and players like what i actually said in the post you quoted and chose to ignore half of.

Oh dear did I strike a nerve Mr.Mod.So just remind me if the Manager has no responsibility for the

players and tactics what is his job?Think I got it right and so did you but can't admit it.

Archived