Derby County v Crystal Palace

davenportram

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If penalties were that simple to take then all the players would be demanding the ball, and players like Rooney would never miss. The time when they are really simple to take of course are from your seat in the crowd.

Obviously you are trying to defend sammon for missing, but he took the ball and has to take responsibly for the miss. Taking the peno out of the equation, he was poor, he had already missed a good chance, and then stepped up to take a peno, having as far as I know never taken one previously??? Albert ???

It was a poor attemt, he wanted the adulation of getting a goal via an easy chance, he now needs to step up to the mark and prove his worth, unfortunately I can't see anything in his play that says he will.

Sammon had 3 fantastic opportunities again and did not score + another if you include not properly following up Brayford's shot in the second half. We were the better team and we did deserve to win that match. Palace only had 4 decent chances, we had 8 or 9.  

The BBC need to get their act together. Their (descriptive) account of the game puts us in bad light. We are very unfortunate and after that performance I do feel as though perhaps no team in this league are better than us, other teams just seem to get the points. 

Obviously you are trying to defend sammon for missing, but he took the ball and has to take responsibly for the miss. Taking the peno out of the equation, he was poor, he had already missed a good chance, and then stepped up to take a peno, having as far as I know never taken one previously??? Albert ???

It was a poor attemt, he wanted the adulation of getting a goal via an easy chance, he now needs to step up to the mark and prove his worth, unfortunately I can't see anything in his play that says he will.

From where i was, as soon as sammon got the ball deep down i knew what would happen. I hoped he would score though.Then the penalty went like slow motion with me shaking my head shouting nooooo!

From where i was, as soon as sammon got the ball deep down i knew what would happen. I hoped he would score though.Then the penalty went like slow motion with me shaking my head shouting nooooo!

The penalty was an accumulation of poor play, yet he still looked more of a threat than all others with the exception of ward.

I don't know if that's a good thing or bad :-)

Sammon had 3 fantastic opportunities again and did not score + another if you include not properly following up Brayford's shot in the second half. We were the better team and we did deserve to win that match. Palace only had 4 decent chances, we had 8 or 9.  

The BBC need to get their act together. Their (descriptive) account of the game puts us in bad light. We are very unfortunate and after that performance I do feel as though perhaps no team in this league are better than us, other teams just seem to get the points. 

I'm assuming here so don't shoot me down.

Was one chance when Jacobs squared it to him? In that case the keeper was already there no one could've scored.

Was the second when ward squared the ball to him after a great pass from Martin? In which case the ball was poor. It was behind him and at an awkward height. Most of our team would struggle with that.

3rd I'm assuming was the pen? That's got loads of different opinions.

And nobody was following up from shots today, not just Sammon.

If its not any of them then yeah he were crap.

Btw I'm not a Sammon lover. He was *****. But it's the unfair criticism I don't like.

I'm assuming here so don't shoot me down.

Was one chance when Jacobs squared it to him? In that case the keeper was already there no one could've scored.

Was the second when ward squared the ball to him after a great pass from Martin? In which case the ball was poor. It was behind him and at an awkward height. Most of our team would struggle with that.

3rd I'm assuming was the pen? That's got loads of different opinions.

And nobody was following up from shots today, not just Sammon.

If its not any of them then yeah he were crap.

Btw I'm not a Sammon lover. He was *****. But it's the unfair criticism I don't like.

No-one could have scored that? You need to see that chance again. 2nd (i was referring to) was actually his free header from a fantastic free kick. So is a penalty not a fantastic opportunity? Nobody was following up from shots today? Sammon is the striker,  the furthest forward player, if he isn't looking to be played in he should be following up shots. As soon as Brayford entered the box in the position he did Sammon should be anticipating a save being pushed out in front or across goal...easy tap in. 

You can disagree all you like but this is not unfair criticism. I expect anyone playing professional football as a forward or striker to  understand the basic principles of positioning. 

No-one could have scored that? You need to see that chance again. 2nd (i was referring to) was actually his free header from a fantastic free kick. So is a penalty not a fantastic opportunity? Nobody was following up from shots today? Sammon is the striker,  the furthest forward player, if he isn't looking to be played in he should be following up shots. As soon as Brayford entered the box in the position he did Sammon should be anticipating a save being pushed out in front or across goal...easy tap in. 

You can disagree all you like but this is not unfair criticism. I expect anyone playing professional football as a forward or striker to  understand the basic principles of positioning. 

I never said the pen wasn't a fantastic opportunity.

The keeper was right next to Sammon all he could was hit and it get saved by the keeper or leave and get even more abuse.

I didn't see Martin or Bennett follow anything up either today Sammon wasn't the only striker on the pitch so if you're gonna criticise him for that you need to do it to them as we'll.

and I think the free header was the one that went across the face of goal (again could be wrong) yes could've got it on target. But some one should've have followed it and then buried it in the net. There was an almost identical situation with Martin as well.

I thought you didn't go anymore? Or have I got the wrong bloke?

We were by far the better team and created 2 or 3 times the chances they did. Their goal was about as lucky a rebound as you could imagine, their keeper saved a 7/10 penalty, and 3 other stonking saves. Same old story for the season so far, but no way is any of your gripe justified. Hendrick for instance was immense. Defence were extremely good tonight against good attacking players.

We lost again and we can't score or keep a clean sheet due to the players and the manager who has been here for 4 years. In what possible way is my gripe not justified. Or are you really suggesting that clough is just unlucky ??

Just got back from the game we were by far the better team back four were solid just did not have the luck tonight in front of goal samon needs a rest and play Jacobs up front with Martin

I'm struggling to think of a reason why Jacobs deserves a place on the bench, nevermind on the pitch!

Not gonna lie, in the ground I thought it was going to be around the 20k mark. The gasps of surprise when they announced 23,065!

I don't get it sometimes. The other week v Bolton it looked full. The odd pocket here and there but I was expecting to hear 25/26k

Tonight looked dead compared to that?

Still lost though

TRue, and it's another sickener. Still shouldn't panic. We're playing some good stuff and creating.

We lost again and we can't score or keep a clean sheet due to the players and the manager who has been here for 4 years. In what possible way is my gripe not justified. Or are you really suggesting that clough is just unlucky ??

You said people who don't understand football (Rush has been around the game for years), an unambitious manager (what does that mean? that he doesn't want to win games?) and talentless players. CLearly that's all codswallop.

We got edged out by a promotion chasing team with one or two players who can hurt you on the break. I'm choked, but I'm not stressing about it. I'll be renewing next week. Come on you Rams.

Okay...ratings time!

Legzdins- 6. Didn't have much to do but what he did do was poor. He needs to start coming off his line sooner and committing to it. I've highlighted this as his major downfall all season and tonight proved. Distribution was EXCELLENT!

Brayford- 8. Did very very well. Looked good defensively and very good going forward. Linked up with Coutts well.

Keogh- 6. At fault for the goal. I know its harsh but I've seen blind people with better reactions. Otherwise had an alright game.

Buxton- 7. Was actually quite good. Found himself attacking in the second half and looked natural! Really poor tackle that got him booked.

Roberts- 5. Easily out paced. Hoofed it up field. Didn't get forward thus he gave Ward no support. Though he made a couple of good tackles and stood his ground on occasions...just now many.

Hendrick- 8. Gave the ball away constantly. But he was that good tonight he still gets an 8. Had he not given it away as much I'd probably give him 10. He was excellent. His runs forward are amazing. He can get the ball past any midfielder. Shame he didn't get a goal. Awesome player.

Bryson- 5. Another poor game. Can't remember a good performance since he rushed back from injury. Just wasn't very good at all. Also...this guy cannot score from range!!!

Coutts- 5. I struggle to see what people see in him. Without Brayford he is utterly useless, but today Brayford carried him. We need a replacement if we're to progress next season.

Ward- 7. Did well put in some good crosses and had a good shot saved. Shame he wasn't bothering to get in the box when Martin put that sneaky back header into him.

Martin- 8. Looks quality. Exactly what we need. Has skill, power, alot of intelligence, and pace when he needs it. He made plenty of good moves and when he gels into the team will become a very important player. Obviously isn't fit enough to play the full 90 but I can't wait until he is! Sign him up Nige! First touch- 10/10!!

Sammon- 5. Started woefully. Got a load of abuse and after about 10 minutes got his head down and gave it a go. He showed at times the quality he's got. But looks shot of confidence. Though he was playing badly when he did have confidence...I think he'll improve and I hope he's here next season. Right now he needs a rest and less abuse. Oh, and the penalty. What a ridiculous decision. Missing a penalty was the worst thing that could have happened to him. He shouldn't have taken the risk. Ben Davies was pissed off that he took it and so were the fans. Wrong decision.

Ref- 2. Useless. Gave them a lot of decisions to start and Turned down our penaltys. Over compensated by giving us free kicks. Crap.

Clough- 10. Got it spot on today. Has found a gem in Martin and gave a good post match interview. Wouldn't have changed a thing.

I think some people just put more than one ticket in.

There's no way there was that many.

I don't get it sometimes. The other week v Bolton it looked full. The odd pocket here and there but I was expecting to hear 25/26k

Tonight looked dead compared to that?

Do you not think it's a little weird? Every time we sell out we get exactly 33,010? Seriously? ALL our season ticket holders came? ALL the people who bought tickets made it? No sorry, that doesn't happen. But yeah it is weird, the ground looked like 20k max tonight. I can't understand how that was 23k...hmmm.

Archived