Something really positive for Derby County

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may be wrong, but if your academy is not the highest rated, the higher rated can pillage your better players.

I wonder if you could name more than one City player who has come through the academy in the last 3 years?

I don't think I could. There might be but they've not exactly been known to throw their own kids in.

There will STILL be some parents and some kids who just want to play, thankfully it's not yet at the stage where every single person inside football is in it for the wedge.

The message to all top youngsters in the British Isles, if you're good enough then get down to Derby County and you'll get a first team chance no matter how old. That's massive.

I wonder if you could name more than one City player who has come through the academy in the last 3 years?

I don't think I could. There might be but they've not exactly been known to throw their own kids in.

There will STILL be some parents and some kids who just want to play, thankfully it's not yet at the stage where every single person inside football is in it for the wedge.

The message to all top youngsters in the British Isles, if you're good enough then get down to Derby County and you'll get a first team chance no matter how old. That's massive.

You're right, but they've publicly stated that FFP means theyre gonna focus on it again. They were pretty good at producing them about 5-7 years ago.

I may be wrong, but if your academy is not the highest rated, the higher rated can pillage your better players.

i think we have one of the highest ratings, not many teams have a better rated academy than us, we might also be applying to get the best grade for our academy as well, not sure though.

nobodys gonna be poaching our youths any time soon.

You're right, but they've publicly stated that FFP means theyre gonna focus on it again. They were pretty good at producing them about 5-7 years ago.

They're so focussed on producing their own and on FPP that the team they put out against our kids tonight cost SEVEN MILLION ENGLISH POUNDS. That's a lot of focus.

We've turned our academy around in 3 years but thats more down to the fact Wass and Pat Lyons have worked together for years and probably developed their own blu print. I'm pretty sure they were at Burton together and also had a summer school. They'd have known the area like the back of their hands.

Maybe with City's money they could do it quicker, the issue is Mancini NEEDS to win games week in week out and he needs to be competing at the top end. No matter how many games he wins he has people questioning his position and touting him for the sack. Imagine if he picks a 17 year old, two 19 year olds and two more at 20 and they lost?

To make an academy truly work you've got to have a first team manager ready to give them a chance, ready to trust them and ready to take some stick while the results are not as they should be. We'll benefit in 18 months from what we're going through now,.

Mancini and City can't wait 18 weeks.

It's a great message Derby are sending out to top young talent . Come and play, we'll give them some games if they're good enough.

Nigel has bought in Darren Wassall, Pat Lyons and Lee Glover with him and the academy has just flourished. Even the players that came off the bench looked good tonight. Revan came off the bench and won a free kick that we scored off.

Thomas

Bennett Wixstead

Sharpe Dawkins Dales

Lowe Hanson Lelan Hayes

Etheridge

I thought the back 4 were excellent lelan and Hanson at cb especially. Then going forward we had some awesome passing movements. Future is looking even brighter.

Hendrick Obrien Ball

Bennett Hughes

????

They're so focussed on producing their own and on FPP that the team they put out against our kids tonight cost SEVEN MILLION ENGLISH POUNDS. That's a lot of focus.

We've turned our academy around in 3 years but thats more down to the fact Wass and Pat Lyons have worked together for years and probably developed their own blu print. I'm pretty sure they were at Burton together and also had a summer school. They'd have known the area like the back of their hands.

Maybe with City's money they could do it quicker, the issue is Mancini NEEDS to win games week in week out and he needs to be competing at the top end. No matter how many games he wins he has people questioning his position and touting him for the sack. Imagine if he picks a 17 year old, two 19 year olds and two more at 20 and they lost?

To make an academy truly work you've got to have a first team manager ready to give them a chance, ready to trust them and ready to take some stick while the results are not as they should be. We'll benefit in 18 months from what we're going through now,.

Mancini and City can't wait 18 weeks.

It's a great message Derby are sending out to top young talent . Come and play, we'll give them some games if they're good enough.

I think they realised that they cannot keep spending at the rate they have been. I'm not sure whether Glick going there will be anything to do with preparing for FFP, but who cares lol!

As for the academy, I know there was uproar cos they abolished the tribunal payment method and devised a payment scheme based on academy grade multiplied by years the player has been developed or something. People were panicking cos the initial grading put our academy in the second band, and thinking we'd lose Mason Bennett for like £500k instead of £5m!

I went to the Ipswich game and again tonight. Great team performance and for all saddoes and stattoes here's the ratings (despite not knowing two names) GK 7, only had one save to make but dealt well with that and crosses, RB 7, tenacious, good positioning and decent passing, Lowe 7, still at school and a very classy LB, needs to gain strength but will definitely make it, Lelan 6, strong defending but dire distribution, Hanson 8, Mom, assured, quick and a great free kick, another one with a definite pro career ahead, Wixted 7, tidy play and first goal, but didn't beat his man enough, Dales 6, good energy and disrupted their play well, but passing not up to usual standard, Dawkins 5, kept going and covered the ground but lost the ball too much, Sharp 6, strong player with an amazing throw in, but put touch and distribution needs improving, Bennett 7, obvious class and pace, but wasted some good possession and opportunities, Thomas 7, led the line well and ran himself into the ground.

I went to the Ipswich game and again tonight. Great team performance and for all saddoes and stattoes here's the ratings (despite not knowing two names) GK 7, only had one save to make but dealt well with that and crosses, RB 7, tenacious, good positioning and decent passing, Lowe 7, still at school and a very classy LB, needs to gain strength but will definitely make it, Lelan 6, strong defending but dire distribution, Hanson 8, Mom, assured, quick and a great free kick, another one with a definite pro career ahead, Wixted 7, tidy play and first goal, but didn't beat his man enough, Dales 6, good energy and disrupted their play well, but passing not up to usual standard, Dawkins 5, kept going and covered the ground but lost the ball too much, Sharp 6, strong player with an amazing throw in, but put touch and distribution needs improving, Bennett 7, obvious class and pace, but wasted some good possession and opportunities, Thomas 7, led the line well and ran himself into the ground.

Agree besides Lelan, yes his distribution was poorer than usual but his defending was pretty much flawless i would say a 7/8 for him and a 9 for Hanson equally as good defensively as lelan and better with the ball plus an excellent dead ball.

Hanson is actually a CM apparently, well not anymore based on the last two appearances I have seen of him and that Clough put him in the first team squad as a CB back up. He looks really good and versatile which will help him break into the first team easier.

Did we play good football? One of the City players is having a mard saying we played HOOOOOOFball.

We played a mixture of styles, some nice football and some long balls to Thomas. They overplayed it around at the back and we should have got a goal or two early doors from their mistakes. They had a few big time charlies who didn't like the pressure we put them under or our strong but fair challenges. They made a few cynical (Italian) fouls and had a man sent off for a vicious off the ball stamp on Hanson. We went a bit too long ball in the last 20 minutes as we tired, but it was hardly Stokesque.

Archived