Something really positive for Derby County

ChaddesdenRam

To take our minds off Derby and the inevitable league position decline in the next few weeks/games.

Derby County under 18s play Manchester City in the FA youth cup on Tuesday night. The game is at Pride Park and is free for all season ticket holders.

For those who know every piece of information available on the club will know Derby currently have an academy rating just below the best possible rating. We are really working toward getting the best possible rating that the likes of arsenal and city have.

I don't know the specifics but I imagine getting to the higher academy level we will be given more FA youth funding etc and it will attract better young players to the club. Getting very far in this FA youth cup and in the short run beating man city would help.

I have been to the other youth cup ties this season and really enjoyed it. I will be going to the city game and would love it if we bring a big crowd. Usually there are around 1000 in the Toyota lower.

I hope to see some people there supporting the next gen of rams.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To take our minds off Derby and the inevitable league position decline in the next few weeks/games.

Derby County under 18s play Manchester City in the FA youth cup on Tuesday night. The game is at Pride Park and is free for all season ticket holders.

For those who know every piece of information available on the club will know Derby currently have an academy rating just below the best possible rating. We are really working toward getting the best possible rating that the likes of arsenal and city have.

I don't know the specifics but I imagine getting to the higher academy level we will be given more FA youth funding etc and it will attract better young players to the club. Getting very far in this FA youth cup and in the short run beating man city would help.

I have been to the other youth cup ties this season and really enjoyed it. I will be going to the city game and would love it if we bring a big crowd. Usually there are around 1000 in the Toyota lower.

I hope to see some people there supporting the next gen of rams.

seriously you should get a girl friend are you old enough yet?otherwise study lad.

I promised myself I'd go to this if we beat Ipswich in the last round, so I'll head down and see what they've got to offer.

Be interesting to see what City have, being one of the bigger clubs in europe and see how there players from Spain, Italy and Portugal fair against our lads from Ilson, Chad and Swad.

Nice one. Couldn't go tonight, lad at footie training. Shame cos we'd have got in for free too but really pleased for the team. Their under 18 squad not easy to beat apparantley.

Archived