BBG Music

sage

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will rock you unfortunately mutating to Steve Bloomer's watching.

I do my best to make sure I am not in the ground when any music is being played these days!

In recent weeks I've heard 'Welcome to the Jungle', 'Run to the Hills' and 'Back in Black' played at Pride Park.

That's some fine headbangin', Lou.

What they really ought to play is Static X - 'Black and White'

The song that reminds me of the BBG is 'Geno' by Dexy's Midnight Runners.

I watch a fair few games from the Bundesliga and Serie A and both generate fantastic atmopheres... One thing I notice is when a team scores over the tanny the bellow out the first name followed by the crowd chanting the surname.. This they do 3 or 4 times and it's great..

I hate the music they play when someone scores a goal and that sh!tty one arm one arm down movement the fans do.. But when Bayern have goal music is sounds awesome with the crowd going at it too..

I find it embarassing watching the players score a goal and all you can see behind the goal is banks of empty seats and then it shows a shot of the crowd dancing like little girls in a playground

I wish they'd get rid of all the music, it's a footie match after all. The atmosphere is never given a chance to build by itself when it should be, it could be so much better.

I went to watch St Pauli vs SC Freiburg and the atmosphere at the game was far better than anything Pride Park has served up.

It was very much like a festival atmosphere - Derby could learn a lot from St Pauli (their merchandise was a million times better quality too).

Couldn't agree more - although not sure it'd appeal to the masses!

If we're keeping a metal edge, then surely Seasons In The Abyss by Slayer is quite apt!

Good call - you could also have 'Wasted Years' (Iron Maiden)

Jamie Ward's theme tune could be 'Holy Diver' (Dio)

When a player gets sent off - 'Walk' (Pantera)

Nottingham Forest theme song - 'Fairies Wear Boots' (Black Sabbath)

Adam Legzdins theme tune - 'The Last In Line' (Dio)

Remember the first-ever league match at Pride Park - 'Pull The Plug' (Death). That pissed Ashley Ward off - his goal was struck from the records because the match was abandoned.

What we say when Theo misses another sitter - 'The Oath' (Mercyful Fate)

Nigel gets another bloody substitution wrong - 'Victim Of Changes' (Judas Priest)

Malcolm Christie's goal celebration - 'One' (Metallica)

The list is endless. Satan must be a Derby fan.

Archived