Pride Park Atmosphere / South Stand / ST prices 2013/2014

therams69

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was coming in here to raise that question as well.

I'd imagine most people buying tickets in this area are going to be groups of males and standing is a given ?

I think it will be mixed - with savings of at leat £70 per adult you might get families moving down there. We saved £140 and got a free under 12 ticket (but again were sensible and bought tickets at the front of a block so people standing won't effect us)

I think it will be mixed - with savings of at leat £70 per adult you might get families moving down there. We saved £140 and got a free under 12 ticket (but again were sensible and bought tickets at the front of a block so people standing won't effect us)

Yes that is a sensible decision.

Hopefully they aren't any problems, if they are it will further highlight the need for safe standing. 

Nick, will your band of merry men, and females, be standing during the match like the SE corner does, and if you are, are you at the back section with nobody behind you?

Have you been advised to remain seated?

Boycie.

LOL @ band of merry men!

Yes at the back section.

Personally we will be all sitting down and enjoying a prawn sandwich or two.

Rules are rules and the stadium is currently an all seater.

Do I really need to answer this question?

OK - answered my own question

Frozen for 7 seasons since the last rise, and before that it was frozen for an additional 5 years.

So I guess two increases in 12 years isn't that bad is it?

you're Sam Rush, and I claim my £5

OK - answered my own question

Frozen for 7 seasons since the last rise, and before that it was frozen for an additional 5 years.

So I guess two increases in 12 years isn't that bad is it?

Haha, you fell for it then. What actually happens is they freeze the late price, not the early bird price.

Example:

season 1, early bird price = £250, normal price = £280

the next season the club says "we've frozen prices:-

season 2, early bird price = £280, normal price = £310.

season 3, early bird price =  £310.... and so on.

Haha, you fell for it then. What actually happens is they freeze the late price, not the early bird price.

Example:

season 1, early bird price = £250, normal price = £280

the next season the club says "we've frozen prices:-

season 2, early bird price = £280, normal price = £310.

season 3, early bird price = £310.... and so on.

Well that's ****** mate - my early bird renewal was £300 for the past two seasons

Yup - Mostyn is completely wrong. It's the Early Bird price that gets frozen the "normal" prices have gone up every couple of years.

I'm not Sam Rush by the way - I'm actually trying to point out that the constant freezing of the EB prices has led to all this frustration over increases this season. If they'd upped it £5 every season for the last 12 years then no one would be complaining now. I'd actually like to see the club commit to a season ticket strategy that says it will increase by a small amount each year

Yup - Mostyn is completely wrong. It's the Early Bird price that gets frozen the "normal" prices have gone up every couple of years.

I'm not Sam Rush by the way - I'm actually trying to point out that the constant freezing of the EB prices has led to all this frustration over increases this season. If they'd upped it £5 every season for the last 12 years then no one would be complaining now. I'd actually like to see the club commit to a season ticket strategy that says it will increase by a small amount each year

I must've been 'had' then. The last few season tickets I had, sneakily increased. I took early bird on them, but I think the first time increased £30, then £45, then £40. Then I didn't renew. When I moved to the East Upper, my first ST was £250,  I think it's near £400 right now, and that's on early bird.

I am not surprised if they are giving you your own individual terrible deal.

yes, making me pay ANYTHING to watch a pub-standard manager and his fat supermarket shelf-stacker mate cluelessly look on whilst we pass the ball around the centre-circle...

yes, making me pay ANYTHING to watch a pub-standard manager and his fat supermarket shelf-stacker mate cluelessly look on whilst we pass the ball around the centre-circle...

Come on, Mostyn. I respect you even though I disagree with you, but with comments like this you're running the risk of making yourself look stupid.

Archived