season ticket prices

Geriatram

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, don't really read newspapers, just use the BBC website.

I think you are only looking at one end of the spectrum and to generalise all disabled people as not having enough money to live is possibly short sighted.

And for you to speculate that disabled people find it harder to pay for tickets than students, people on minimum wage or the unemployed, could be equally as ill-informed as you believe my comments to be.

Everyones circumstances are different whether able or disable. It's the false claimers that ruin it for the genuine ones thats what gets me. Thats all i can say on the matter.

No, don't really read newspapers, just use the BBC website.

I think you are only looking at one end of the spectrum and to generalise all disabled people as not having enough money to live is possibly short sighted.

And for you to speculate that disabled people find it harder to pay for tickets than students, people on minimum wage or the unemployed, could be equally as ill-informed as you believe my comments to be.

Wow. Just WOW!!! Did you actually read a word I wrote, because you don't give me the impression that you did.

I was not only disabled but long-term unemployed myself. That is a darned sight worse than being on a minimum wage. As far as students are concerned, both of my kids have been through university in recent years so I am fully aware of the problems they faced too.

Wow. Just WOW!!! Did you actually read a word I wrote, because you don't give me the impression that you did.

I was not only disabled but long-term unemployed myself. That is a darned sight worse than being on a minimum wage. As far as students are concerned, both of my kids have been through university in recent years so I am fully aware of the problems they faced too.

Yes I read every word you wrote and my resposne was aimed in general not at your case in isolation because as I said your case is just one end of the spectrum.

I won't comment again.

Yes I read every word you wrote and my resposne was aimed in general not at your case in isolation because as I said your case is just one end of the spectrum.

I won't comment again.

There is no 'in general' when it comes to disabled people - and that is what needs repeating ad-nauseum.

What were disabled supporters paying previously?

And did the carer have to pay?

Just asking....

£190, carer free.

Now £390, carer free.

Factor in £115 for car parking too.

Everyones circumstances are different whether able or disable. It's the false claimers that ruin it for the genuine ones thats what gets me. Thats all i can say on the matter.

The trouble is that quite a few people believe that benefit "scroungers" are ruining the country......I agree that false claims should be sorted out but as a nation, we really should prioritise.....

In Britain, £1.9 billion lost in benefit fraud and £40 billion is lost through Tax avoidance by the rich.

source:UK Government, DWP and HMRC 2011.

The trouble is that quite a few people believe that benefit "scroungers" are ruining the country......I agree that false claims should be sorted out but as a nation, we really should prioritise.....

In Britain, £1.9 billion lost in benefit fraud and £40 billion is lost through Tax avoidance by the rich.

source:UK Government, DWP and HMRC 2011.

Tax avoidance isn't illegal but benefit fraud is, major difference

My ticket has gone up £45 to £195 north stand lower senior.Before the match on saturday my mate and I were debating whether to renew or not, to us £195 is a fair amount.After the match we realized its not impossible for us to be watching Premiership football next season.The good thing is we don't have to make up our minds until 14 April in 13 matches time with 4 matches to play.If we are nowhere near playoffs we will not bother,BUT.

Tax avoidance isn't illegal but benefit fraud is, major difference

Although it is immoral according to the Prime Minister and the Chancellor...... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Anyway, its off topic (my fault). We could start a nice debate in Off Topic about it though if you want!

The point for me is that it isn't fair one group is charged more when others can save by moving. Is it just me who thinks that isn't right?

Obviously,as I simply can't attend matches,none of this affects me,but I do take an interest.It seems to me that current policy is leading to resent amongst certain groups (and understandably so).Categories do seem to afford a simple way to impose 'stealth' rises.I think they should be finally made to specify categories and stick to them,with no fiddling about in later years.This way,if they want to raise prices it should be accross the board and be seen to be fair (and be seen for what it is).

I feel for eddie in his situation,and it must be really tough looking forward to something for so long,only to have the rug pulled.Eddie made the valid point that many in his situation may not renew and the club would lose money.Unfortunately,I've no doubt that the fat cigars and large brandies will see that the benefits accrue in future years,and would more than offset any short term loss.Those in the category of being 1,2 etc years younger than eddie may still be disappointed,but perhaps less acutely.By the time they reach 60 they will have become 'acclimatised'. However,if the board have had to make the move through a legal requirement,I'll happily withdraw my comments.

One thing does occur to me,however.If those currently receiving discounts before age 65 are to continue to do same,would this not represent discrimination against people in eddie's position? I don't know anything of the relevant law,so I couldn't judge.Perhaps this could be part of the potential legal minefield mentioned earlier.

The thing that really saddens me about this is the price hike for the disabled.I see one or two accross the message boards seem to think the disabled should have no complaints about their rise because they're no worse off financially than some other groups.The problem I have with this is that it's only being said as a result of the hike.Were these people complaining about the concessions for the disabled before the rise?

For myself,it doesn't really bother me what the income levels of the disabled are.It just seems to me that it somehow feels 'right',and I've never bothered (or even thought about) any discounts offered in any pursuit.

At certain times in life,one gets to realise why 'lucre' often attracts 'filthy' as an adjective.This has the feel of one such occasion.

Although it is immoral according to the Prime Minister and the Chancellor...... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Anyway, its off topic (my fault). We could start a nice debate in Off Topic about it though if you want!

Rather ironic,as it's governments that create the environment (not the Revenue) that allows for the tax breaks in the first place!

£190, carer free.

Now £390, carer free.

Factor in £115 for car parking too.

That price hike does seem pretty mean.....afterall there aren't that many disabled supporters.

That's what I think too Ramblur, about it being a kind of stealth tax. If the prices are going up, they should put them up for everyone, and not lower them for others.

I know I know!! I'm moaning about saving money and that's daft but it's not right.

Don't believe everything you read in foul organs like the Daily Mail or the Daily Express. MOST Disabled people are not scroungers.

changed that for you frankly, as a disabled person and having been through what you have I am surprised you are not sickened at the people that do milk the situation and take the state for everything they can get which in turn makes the state treat plenty of people like you like they do under severe scrutiny

Archived