season ticket prices

Geriatram

but there's access from the disabled car park at the east stand which you can get to the ticket office from without passing a raised curb

Thats miles.....

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are the sort of reports we should be reading about our club.....

After the final break of the conference we had a presentation, along with a short film from Derby County FC, which was superb, the film was fol- lowed by a presentation by the Derby County CEO and then by an old friend of mine, Keith Marsden, who is the Derby County DLO (Disability Liaison Officer), although Pride Park cannot match us at MK on our mod- ern disabled facilities, it showed exactly what could be achieved if the club wanted change and were prepared, like Derby County, to have a DLO who came from the fan base, and not a DLO that is just an elected contact, and who’s mandate was to concentrate on just that function; they have more than doubled the number of disabled fans that now regularly attend matches in Derby.

From MKDons Disabled Supporters Group.

I think I'm beginning to understand why Soothsayer feels this issue could become a legal minefield.If it were thought that the club was compelled to raise the senior age to 65 to fall in line with retirement age (for men),then what happens with adults? As I understand it,the UK age of majority is 18,whereupon anyone attaining this age is classed as an adult.However,the club gives discounts to 'young adults'-is this not disciminatory under the act,or am I misreading something?

I think I'm beginning to understand why Soothsayer feels this issue could become a legal minefield.If it were thought that the club was compelled to raise the senior age to 65 to fall in line with retirement age (for men),then what happens with adults? As I understand it,the UK age of majority is 18,whereupon anyone attaining this age is classed as an adult.However,the club gives discounts to 'young adults'-is this not disciminatory under the act,or am I misreading something?

Dunno.......can't see how charging young adults less would be discriminatory, minimum wage rates are lower for under 21's in the UK so its unlikely a court would rule the government was acting illegally!

hey guys nobody know how much season tickets going to be yet they might even put them all down, as they said in the paper that if we go back in of which i don't think ever come out of it. i hope they will start from 200 this season. i have saved 290 at home but not been able to add to it of love. if i am short i am going to ask to pay with cash and rest by card what ever i owe.

Dunno.......can't see how charging young adults less would be discriminatory, minimum wage rates are lower for under 21's in the UK so its unlikely a court would rule the government was acting illegally!

Good point-didn't know that.I'm starting to wonder if the act just means that you can create the age categories as you wish,but cannot then discriminate within such age groupings.

I suppose our CEO must be well versed in the law.I've several friends over here in the legal profession,but unfortunately it's the wrong jurisdiction.

Season ticket renewals pack arrived today

positive spin in the letter.

Rush is ambitious

Lucky to have dedicated fan base

Clearly improving Squad, great Academy and Will Hughes

Reopening part of SStand

61-64 still get the senior discount.

new age 13-14 price band

negative stuff mentioned

changining ES blocks FGH (upper) and EFG lower in line with W.stsnd (no mention of renewal at old category)

negative stuff not mentioned

Disabled tickets

Membership gone up by £5 to £30

Interesting that in the Fan Forum last month there was a huge cheer for the suggestion of reintroducing cup vouchers, and Sam Rush seemed slightly taken aback (in all honesty it was the biggest reaction of the night) – pledged to look at it.

So if this leaked list is correct, they are ignoring it again – unless you go for the premier seat category when you get the 1st League Cup and 1st FA Cup ticket thrown in.

Nice to be ignored isn't it?

Interesting that in the Fan Forum last month there was a huge cheer for the suggestion of reintroducing cup vouchers, and Sam Rush seemed slightly taken aback (in all honesty it was the biggest reaction of the night) – pledged to look at it.

So if this leaked list is correct, they are ignoring it again – unless you go for the premier seat category when you get the 1st League Cup and 1st FA Cup ticket thrown in.

cup vouchers cost a lot of money to the club. Effectively they wipe out gate receipts on the day because payments have to be made to the cup prize funds and to the away club as if all the thousands of free tickets had been sold

And Mcfarlands bar entry is £25 for the season, "with the exception of Platinum Plus fixtures". So forest, leeds et al, you're not getting in. Why not? Will people be charged even more?? Bloody rip off if you ask me.

cup vouchers cost a lot of money to the club. Effectively they wipe out gate receipts on the day because payments have to be made to the cup prize funds and to the away club as if all the thousands of free tickets had been sold

I know that makes it tricky, but to completely ignore it seems wrong.

Why hold a fan forum where you say you will listen to the things that are important to the fans, and then ignore the one thing that people felt strongly about? It weakens the club's position when it says it has the best interest of the fans at heart.

Worse than that – they've not totally ignored it, they're saying "that thing you all wanted yeah? Well you can only have that if you are dead rich and buy the premiere package"

How about they might have offered people a season ticket deal or a season ticket plus cup voucher deal – and you could choose? The cup voucher deal was £20 more expensive. I would be willing to bet you'd get more take up than the 3000 who turned up to the Ssausagehorpe game and the 9000 who turned up to the Tranmere game

In fairness to the club, you are asking them to listen to an idea from the supporters that will potentially cost the club £200k.

Barstewards.

I was due to drop down to senior rate next season, but they've changed it to 65 from 60. The bigger annoyance is that in 2 years, my wife will reach her official retirement age, but her ticket will still cost full whack until she is 65 too.

I had been looking forward to 'get my ticket cheaper' day for the last couple of years, and they have robbed me of that. Well, they've just lost TWO season tickets.

Anything to say about this quote now?!

In fairness to the club, you are asking them to listen to an idea from the supporters that will potentially cost the club £200k.

No – in fairness I am asking them not to ignore it, and explain to people that they listened and looked into it and then explain why it's not viable. If it's truly a no-go from the financial point of view then just tell people that.

I struggle to understand how it would cost the club £200k if you optionally tack the £20 onto a season ticket price.

And yes it might not happen if we get drawn away and are knocked out, but the ticket could just roll over every year until we do get drawn at home?

Why have you been ignored? It is very possible that SR went back to discuss it, but considered that they prefer to keep it as it is.

Why have you been ignored? It is very possible that SR went back to discuss it, but considered that they prefer to keep it as it is.

And it's also possible that he didn't discuss it and forgot about it the moment he got home and put his slippers on!

That's my point, if they don't maintain the dialog with the fans then we just don't know - which is what I'd describe as "being ignored"

If you weren't at the fan forum then maybe it doesn't seem so important but he banged on for ages about wanting to listen to the fans opnions and have a dialog

Archived