Negative parasites

mcsilks

if everyone was happy with results all the time this forum would not exist ,, wether people cheer or boo its their right to do as they please ,, one thing i dont like is people only posting negative comments , and they are no where to be seen when we win.

i enjoy reading the negative comments the same as the positive ones ,, thats the beauty of a forum

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It costs me at least £55 on average every time I come to a home game. I ain't wasting that kind of money every week watching a manager frustrate the hell out of me with his tactics. I don't think I'm alone.

I just cannot understand how a Derby fan could be happy with the same drivel served up for the last 4 years. People forget, where have we finished in the league under Nige the last 3/4 years? And where are we now? And where will we be next year? Between 10th and 16th is the answer. Progress that is!!

Get a season ticket, its much cheaper and gives the club money at a time when they can spend it on players.

IMO opinion if fans aren't prepared to support the club financially then why do they think the owners should?

If you think that the football that we play these days is the same as 4 years ago then it is obvious that you probably don't go to many matches and thats not having a dig at you.

Okay I'll stop being an ar.se and contribute. Sorry.

I am a ST holder, I travel from Liverpool every game, I go to ALL cup games and about 10 away games a season (depending on money), I am going to Derby Uni next September partly because of the football, so I can go to all away matches on the PP coach. I support what Clough has done in the last 4 years but disagree with many of his decisions. There is nothing wrong with that, because he makes a lot of wrong decisions, imo, like many managers, and likewise, their fans criticise them. I believe these decisions have cost us points, and it annoys the hell out of me when he goes on RD and has a go at the supporters, or acts like an arse such as he did yesterday. It also annoys me that he will never accept when he gets something wrong and I also believe he is pushing Will Hughes too far. In fact, I know he's pushing him too far, that's not debatable. So is it too much to ask? Not from me. Why all the negative threads? Because there is a lot of negativity on the pitch. Simple. It's criticism, you're in denial if you think everything is perfect.

Finally, you're basically saying we're never going to be successful. If we can't compete with big clubs then explain why we can't beat all the 'little' clubs. Again, I don't see how this relates to your complaint about supporting the club. Why do you expect more than 14000 fans for a team on a budget, that can't compete against the big clubs (e.g.Blackburn), that makes no special signings, that has been through a poor 5 year period, and the best we get to see is 'young up and coming team'?

Agree with this

Why should Derby have 27,000 to a league game why?? Someone answer me that.

We have an average squad with potential and ticket prices that are above the norm. That should dictate an average attendance, we are currently getting an attendance that punches above our weight. It doesnt matter what we THINK the attendance should be because of our past the matter of the fact is we play negative football which means we either win by the odd goal or lose by the odd goal. People dont want to see that so why should they come.

Finally!! .......

Fans have very little way of making themselves heard..... not coming to games is the most impactful and the one that will bring about change.

Ambition. Where the heck has it gone? Yay, let us all get super happy because we are aiming for mid-table in the championship. Anyone can beat anyone in this league, so why settle for mid-table?

It is not showing a lack of support to say these things.

I don't have a problem with folks having a go. It sounded pretty dire yesterday. My gripe is that there are still too many folks who think we have some right to be better than we are. I just don't go along with that. Overall, I think Clough has done pretty well while he's been here with the mountain he had to climb financially and the players he inherited. None of us wants to be mid table but have you had a look at the teams below us? Bolton, Blackpool, Wolves, Birmingham - even Blackburn!! They've all had a go at the big time recently. Some of them still have parachute money - and they're below us. Perhaps some of them won't be later on in the season. Who knows with this League.

It's just not as easy as we feel it should be. 3 go up, 3 others get to the play offs and the other 18 fight it out at one end or the other. Money talks, It always has and always will. We're a mid table team with mid table money and mid table ambition, at least for now. I don't like it but I accept it as being far better than it was a few years ago. I can wait for better times.

Agree with this

Why should Derby have 27,000 to a league game why?? Someone answer me that.

We have an average squad with potential and ticket prices that are above the norm. That should dictate an average attendance, we are currently getting an attendance that punches above our weight. It doesnt matter what we THINK the attendance should be because of our past the matter of the fact is we play negative football which means we either win by the odd goal or lose by the odd goal. People dont want to see that so why should they come.

Finally!! .......

Fans have very little way of making themselves heard..... not coming to games is the most impactful and the one that will bring about change.

Because if we were in the Premier League we would be getting that every week plus 7000 more.

If you are prepared to come to Pride Park and enjoy the good times, then why not be prepared to turn up and cheer your team on through the bad times.

I think your 'ticket prices way above the norm' needs qualifying as in a recent survey we were up near the top of the most affordable days out.

Because if we were in the Premier League we would be getting that every week plus 7000 more.

If you are prepared to come to Pride Park and enjoy the good times, then why not be prepared to turn up and cheer your team on through the bad times.

I think your 'ticket prices way above the norm' needs qualifying as in a recent survey we were up near the top of the most affordable days out.

But we are not in the premier league and dont deserve to be either.

And you cant say people should be prepared to turn up and cheer the team in the championship. Football is fickle we all know that as soon as we make it to the premiership every game will be a sell out. Its the same at every club that has come down people have an opportunity cost with their money in the championship whereas in the premiership they will be more inclined to spend that is obvious.

I have had a season ticket since forever and will have a season ticket if play in the blue square premier but other people wont that is the point everyone needs to get their head around.

But we are not in the premier league and dont deserve to be either.

Not saying we do.

Just saying what sort of 'fan' turns up when we play Forest, turns up when we play in the Premier League and then deserts the team, at the same time as criticising the owners for not putting their money in to the club.

Okay I'll stop being an ar.se and contribute. Sorry.

I am a ST holder, I travel from Liverpool every game, I go to ALL cup games and about 10 away games a season (depending on money), I am going to Derby Uni next September partly because of the football, so I can go to all away matches on the PP coach. I support what Clough has done in the last 4 years but disagree with many of his decisions. There is nothing wrong with that, because he makes a lot of wrong decisions, imo, like many managers, and likewise, their fans criticise them. I believe these decisions have cost us points, and it annoys the hell out of me when he goes on RD and has a go at the supporters, or acts like an arse such as he did yesterday. It also annoys me that he will never accept when he gets something wrong and I also believe he is pushing Will Hughes too far. In fact, I know he's pushing him too far, that's not debatable. So is it too much to ask? Not from me. Why all the negative threads? Because there is a lot of negativity on the pitch. Simple. It's criticism, you're in denial if you think everything is perfect.

The club's well supported? Yes it is. Compare it to any other team in the league and especially to those teams above us in the league. We've had a rough 5 years, and we bring in a decent amount of supporters. It's tough out there, we all know it. I'm skint most of the time but I have enough to support derby, so I do. Comparing us to Norwich is silly. They are a premier League club playing well with good players a consistently good manager and with excitement and expectation surrounding the club. We are none of that, so I totally disagree with the comparison.

Yes we have a good up and coming team. But that is all it is atm. Good. Nothing special, nothing exciting. 10,000 people aren't going to travel to PP every week to watch Hughes play. Also, it's irrelevant that Clough is British, and questionable to whether the team has improved on last season. Also, the budget is a tricky subject. Other managers have done better with less. I agree that he has had a tough 4 years in charge but a tight budget hardly helps your argument to why we're not getting much support. Fans want to see big money signings, and flair players from spain.

14,000 yesterday, yeah, i agree that is poor. But why should it be any higher? We got knocked out to Crawley a couple of years ago, we were useless against Stoke last year, lucky to beat Palace, and this season proved yesterday why there the players don't deserve more than 14k to turn up. It was a waste of money.

Finally, you're basically saying we're never going to be successful. If we can't compete with big clubs then explain why we can't beat all the 'little' clubs. Again, I don't see how this relates to your complaint about supporting the club. Why do you expect more than 14000 fans for a team on a budget, that can't compete against the big clubs (e.g.Blackburn), that makes no special signings, that has been through a poor 5 year period, and the best we get to see is 'young up and coming team'?

Corr.. Travelling past half a dozen premier league ground to watch the rams. Well done. Only thing i'd like to point out. I wouldn't class blackburn as a big club.

Corr.. Travelling past half a dozen premier league ground to watch the rams. Well done. Only thing i'd like to point out. I wouldn't class blackburn as a big club.

Haha, driving past Liverpool? Wigan? United? Stoke? Easy!

But, I would class them as a big club. They've won the prem, they've just been relegated. Big wage bill, some v.good players. Maybe I'm wrong, but I meant it as though Blackburn were an expectant club with a good team, so maybe there one of the big ones in the league? Pffft, I dno, ha.

Not saying we do.

Just saying what sort of 'fan' turns up when we play Forest, turns up when we play in the Premier League and then deserts the team, at the same time as criticising the owners for not putting their money in to the club.

EXACTLY!!!

Every club has a fixed amount of die hards that will buy a season ticket whatever. Derby's amount is higher than most in the league.

However Derby also has a large amount of people that are happy to come to Leeds and Forest and then not come whenever. This could be for financial reasons etc and that they can only go to one or two games a year so they pick them that is fine I have no problem with that.

People that cannot afford a season ticket but are still die hard fans DO!!! have a right to say the board should be putting money in. What are they owning a football club for if not??

If I was that rich it would be like a big toy that i could play with and spend money on to make it better. Their are a few that are local owners etc that want to see the club succeed in fairness.

Ruining this forum and ruining the club.

Can you not get behind the club and maybe offer a bit of support?

No.....that's too much to ask.

Instead just start threads calling our players awful and our manager tactically inept.

I used to think we were a well supported club but maybe our fans are the problem. We lack support as a club and when our results aren't quite what the supporters want, they vote with their feet.

Another questionable following of 14,000 yesterday when tickets were available at rock bottom prices. A very embarrassing attendance for a home tie.

Norwich managed to 26,500. Where was our support?

We have a really good young up and coming team and a young British manager who is improving the team year on year on a budget of practically nothing.

We cannot and will not compete with the bigger clubs in this league. It is not a level playing field. Facts are facts and if you spend more money on a side then chances are, you will have a better chance to progress. So many of our forum readers fail to see this.

The whole point of this is to express our opinion on the club we love, not to sniff Clough's ass. If we dont feel his doing a good job at the moment then why is your opinion better than ours ?

''We havent improved, that's just a myth where fans see us play well for a few games each year and think it's happened.

We've stayed at the same level of ability whilst buying cheaper players to do so, that's about it.''

That's the point though EKR same level of ability......and club stability

EXACTLY!!!

Every club has a fixed amount of die hards that will buy a season ticket whatever. Derby's amount is higher than most in the league.

However Derby also has a large amount of people that are happy to come to Leeds and Forest and then not come whenever. This could be for financial reasons etc and that they can only go to one or two games a year so they pick them that is fine I have no problem with that.

People that cannot afford a season ticket but are still die hard fans DO!!! have a right to say the board should be putting money in. What are they owning a football club for if not??

If I was that rich it would be like a big toy that i could play with and spend money on to make it better. Their are a few that are local owners etc that want to see the club succeed in fairness.

I think its called putting your money where your mouth is.

The owners have pumped in circa £35million to cover our losses.

If matchday income was to increase by £1million per year then maybe that extra money would be spent on the players that so many people on here desire.

As far as I can see it is the 'fans' letting us down much more than the owners.

How is there club stability!!!!!

Yes there is a massive emphasis on the academy but that is because there has to be. And there is a low wage bill but there has to be there are no other options.

We are losing 8 million a year. That is not a stable club!

We do not seem to be investing much in players (6 million in the past three years ooooo thats a lot isnt it. NO. Look at other clubs i am not talking about Cardiff who spent 10 million this season or Leicester etc. I mean other clubs similar to our own with less fans less stability and a worse academy are investing because they know in reality the only way to get rid of the debt and lower the yearly losses is to invest first and make it to the big time.)

Their probably is stability as the Owners will happily cover our loses each year with no complaints but you would think that the owners would want to get to the premier league soon. Instead of paying 8 million every year and the squad improving slowly.

I am not talking about spending 10 or 12 million next transfer window or getting players on 20k a week. Just 2 or 3 quality players with experience to help this amazingly youthful and potential driven squad take the next step, which would signal to the fans we mean business instead of Andy Appelby coming out and saying we think playoffs are on this season, great i am sure you do but every derby fan doesnt believe it.

Finally I would like to point out I think Clough is doing a phenomenally good job in my opinion he makes very few mistakes in the transfer window and he cant afford to really. I feel for Sam Rush too who has been given the job to help increase attendances and revenues, there is nothing he can do!!! yes he could introduce this new DNA thing or supporter plus which i really hope will bring more people but the rise will not be significant in my opinion (I would love it to but i just cant see it). The only way i think more fans would come is for us to buy 2 big name players and see the team in the top 8 for the whole of next season. If anyone else has a better way of getting attendances up shout up name it and tell the club but i cant see any other impactful method 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Archived