Touch was better

Ran the channels well

Great assist

Linked up with Martin

However

Extreme lack of confidence

Hardly won any headers

Missed a sitter

Worst I have seen derby fans treat a player in a long time. The banter with theo was all fun and games but Theo's goals made up for his comical play Sammon though......

I just don't know. It's not his fault we paid 1 million pounds on him and he is a striker that doesn't score goals. However the fans have few ways of voicing their opinion and if they don't think he is good enough for derby county who is to say they shouldn't blast Sammon every time he plays.

Well, I say that they shouldn't blast Sammon every time he plays. The reason for that is that it is counter-productive.

Is booing him going to make him a better player? Is booing him going to give him the lift in confidence he desperately needs?

A 'yes' to either of those questions would make me think that the person guilty of the booing isn't much of a Derby fan - or they are just a bit thick.

Its not just derby fans giving him stick. The Irish public says he worse than heskey and he was dead proud of playing for his country. I don't get all the bad feeling around him when he came he had only scored 1 in 32 and has hardly played for his age so he wasn't going to set the championship a light but be a very honest runner.He has lacked confidence for a while but the Ireland press has sent him off on one needs to be benched for his own sake get his head together. He could do working hard alone or doing extra practice. Overall like the guys willingness but Callum Ball next season instead please younger and can finish

Wasnt at the game but up until coming on here only heard good things on twitter. Bar his miss sounds like he had a good game.

Anything you see or hear elsewhere is irrelevant - the DCFC Fans mob has spoken.

Sammon was alright tonight, but his sitter is very difficult to look past. It's not a one off with him.

The man tries hard, but the main issue for me is not necessarily to do with the lack of goals, it's more to do with the fact that I don't enjoy watching him play.

Not sure what to make of the ironic cheering.

Archived