Jeff Hendrick

North_Stand_Ram

Hendrick is in a great run of form, my only worry i that he has been through a few poor spells but if he can avoid having any more of these he will be a great player, has alot of the attribute required to play in the prem.

Jeff has developed the physical side too now which gives him greater confidence going forward with the ball and strength through the tackle defensively. Needs to keep his form up though.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really wasnt.

Curtains loses so much creditability in his arguments as he refuses to accept anything that might be slighly anti Derby.

Forest were the better side, didnt really think there was much argument in that respect, it wasnt by an awful lot but they were better. They had the more clear cut chances and looked far more of a threat, whilst we had once clear chance which we scored.

Well it's opinion isn't it. I really believe no team came out on top. It was a dull game but the football was of a higher standard than usual at these games.

MOTM wasn't even a player, it was the ref, had a top game considering.

Very little to say about it, we drew and deserved no more, no less, we move on.

Hendrick: when he gets about the pitch and gets involved then he is at his best

But....

Needs to score more.

Needs more steel

I haven't yet seen enough to get over excited.

Jeff Hendrick has imo turned a bit of a corner. He was poor for large parts of this season but seems to have grown up a bit and realised he can PERSONALLY influence games. He is going to be quite a force for us over the next year or two. Football is not just about ability it's about application, attitude and self belief. Jeff has found it. Watch him blossom now.

Regarding Forest, well they came to us with a kind of backs to the wall nothing to lose attitude based on recent records and everything to gain. We did very well to match them. We played the better football, or tried to. Not sure why some seem to not just point out but take delight in highlighting any perceved shortcomings of the team? Probably something to do with delusions of grandeur.

The way Nigel is going we are going to be a very good footballing side. At the moment I'm enjoying the ride.

Said exactly the same thing myself.

This season he is prepared to pick up the ball and drive forward at players.

Finally realised his own strength and is not afraid to use it.

I do agree that lately he's been travelling with the ball more, too often he would just pass it on sideways, but lately and especially against Forest he picked up the ball and drove forward with it.

The next stage is seeing if he can pick or pass or shoot from distance, certainly more positive signs from him, but nothing to suggest he's worth £3 million based on such a small sample.

. Brysons chance 1st half. Wardys free kick after Bryson chopped down on edge of box deflected for corner . Wardy shot wide when running towards goal. Coutts shot wide 1st half. Forests fluky goal. Cox shot touched on to bar by Ledzgins. WBA loanee shoots over for Forest. 2nd half Ward goal created by Sammon robbing Forest player. Hendrick great shot touched over by Forest keeper Darlow. Hendrick hacked down when through on goal resulting in Wardy shooting over bar. OB heads over from corner. Blackstock heads over from corner. Sharp turns Keogh shoots just wide. Sharp over bar with shot. Sharp scores but clearly fouls Roberts. End of game. Even stevens.

So basically, all our chances bar the goal were pot shots from distance.

Their chances were all much clearer, Jara's effort and Blackstock's header were both easier chances than we created all game, plus they hit the bar.

I base which side was better/deserved to win based on the clearness of the chances they create. We didnt carve Forest open or create any real clear cut chances (except the goal) like we normally do at home.

Plus if we'd had the chances Forest had away from home I'd be f*cking ecstatic, as we usually create far less than they did.

Not having a go, was just a bad day on our part performance wise, but we still got a point, so no complaints.

Right can we just agree...

Hendrick is a good player for Derby, still young and will still improve.

Why are we making predictions about what may or may not happen in the future, at the minute he is a 7/10 (at best) championship midfielder. There are probably 15-20 better players at this level - including 2 of our own who are better IMO.

We are tending to over-hype our players, as EKR said, if Hendrick is worth 3million - what's everyone else worth? Ward, Hughes, Jacobs, Keogh...etc

so no complaints.

I don't see how the rest of what you've written ties in with that... seems you have a lot of complaints...

I do agree with you though, Forest looked the more dangerous on the day... we couldn't cope with thier physicality... They had a lot of big lads (not saying they can't play... but they were bigger than us...)

However I also understand where everyone else is coming from that if you go purely on the stats, we had more shotsand more on target than they did... plus we commited less fouls (dirty scum!)

We are tending to over-hype our players, as EKR said, if Hendrick is worth 3million - what's everyone else worth? Ward, Hughes, Jacobs, Keogh...etc

A player is worth exactly what people are prepared to pay for them... don't see why we wouldn't slap a £3 million price tag on a promising young CM...

A player is worth exactly what people are prepared to pay for them... don't see why we wouldn't slap a £3 million price tag on a promising young CM...

Exactly but a club in our position needs to be realistic - we should always be open to improvement. I would be confident in improving the team now for 1 million - in fact very confident.

I dont think its too unreasonable to think Hendrick is worth £3m. He obviously isnt worth that as we speak but people pay for potential. Hes 20 and about to get his first international cap. He's also played a lot of games for his age.

Marvin Sordell is a good example. Pretty average championship striker in the U21s went to Bolton for about £4m and is now back playing in the championship with them and making very little impact.

I think someone will take a gamble on Hendrick at £3m. Its loose change to a lot of premiership teams.

Also Villa want Hughes and Hendrick in a double deal, apparently... what does everyone think? how much money for THAT to happen.

It'd take 15million for me - mainly due to the fact if we lose 2 centre midfielders now, we're not in the greatest of bargaining positions going out and buying replacements.

Its funny how we regard some of our players as " 3mil " "10 mil" "7mil" when really.. if they were as consistent as the value that the fans judge our players to be, we wouldnt be in the bottom half. I bet cardiffs players must average 15mil if we go off that.

Its funny how we regard some of our players as " 3mil " "10 mil" "7mil" when really.. if they were as consistent as the value that the fans judge our players to be, we wouldnt be in the bottom half. I bet cardiffs players must average 15mil if we go off that.

I think with the age of our squad everything is being based on potential. People will obviously pay a lot more for Jeff Hendrick than someone who is playing to the same standard as Jeff but is 27/28.

If we had this same starting 11 4/5 years down the line then im pretty sure we'd be getting promoted or very close.

We only regard Brayford Hughes and Hendrick above 2 million well I do. Thats because they are good players in an average championship team. They are all 'good' players. However the reason why they are more expensive than our other players are because they have the potential to be 'average' premiership players. Hughes maybe more so.

But in contrast to Cardiff their team is full of experienced players.

I think with the age of our squad everything is being based on potential.

Exactly Cardiffs players are better than our but in 3 years time they might not be that is why the value is high. But as i said we are bias in terms of rating players values naturally. Its the same at every club.

I think with the age of our squad everything is being based on potential. People will obviously pay a lot more for Jeff Hendrick than someone who is playing to the same standard as Jeff but is 27/28.

If we had this same starting 11 4/5 years down the line then im pretty sure we'd be getting promoted or very close.

Maybe thats what Crewe had in mind aswel lol

A 39 year old Gareth Roberts might be a bit of a hindrance

Archived