Jeff Hendrick

North_Stand_Ram

he wouldnt want to go there i reckon , better off staying where he is

I would disagree - He would have a good shout of first team football there, they could pay 5/6/7 times the wage we can and they're likely to offer him a longer, much more secure contract.

Hendrick isn't a Derby fan, Villa are a bigger club, a better team and can offer more money.

We would struggle to hold on to him IMO, but as I said I just don't see him playing premiership football week in week out - the gap is too big, a decent squad player he could be though.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he wouldnt want to go there i reckon , better off staying where he is

The same goes for every comment saying "we should sell such and such a player because he is rubbish or doesn't fit in with Clough's plans". A player doesn't have to leave if he has a contract

You have got to be joking!

Fabian Delph has done precious little since Villa wasted ??millions for him. He's injury prone (35 games in four seasons) and is struggling to cut the mustard in the Premiership.

Jeff Hendrick is key to our side and any bid under 3M should be laughed at. Bryson and Hendrick hopefully will form a premiership potential midfield two in the future.

They barely form an average Championship midfield two, 'potential premiership midfield two' is laughable.

Anything under £3m is just as laughable, seriously? Im not a massive fan of Jeff but i admit he's been far better of late, for the first few months of the season he was **** though. He's an average Championship midfielder with the potential to possibly be a good one.

If you think Hendrick is worth £3m you must think Hughes is worth about £25m.

I would disagree - He would have a good shout of first team football there, they could pay 5/6/7 times the wage we can and they're likely to offer him a longer, much more secure contract.

Hendrick isn't a Derby fan, Villa are a bigger club, a better team and can offer more money.

We would struggle to hold on to him IMO, but as I said I just don't see him playing premiership football week in week out - the gap is too big, a decent squad player he could be though.

this season he has improved alot at Derby , he will stay in the first team , if he goes Villa first team football is not guarenteed , he will still be in the championship next season if he goes or stays

They barely form an average Championship midfield two, 'potential premiership midfield two' is laughable.

Anything under £3m is just as laughable, seriously? Im not a massive fan of Jeff but i admit he's been far better of late, for the first few months of the season he was **** though. He's an average Championship midfielder with the potential to possibly be a good one.

If you think Hendrick is worth £3m you must think Hughes is worth about £25m.

Are you even a Derby fan?

Meh, don't particularly rate Hendrick that highly.

I know he's played decent the last couple of games, but He goes missing way too often to be regarded a "key player".

Someone suggested we shouldn't sell less than 3 million, that's hilarious - A million and I'd be tempted to cash in.

this season he has improved alot at Derby , he will stay in the first team , if he goes Villa first team football is not guarenteed , he will still be in the championship next season if he goes or stays

Thought he has took a sideways step, last season I thought he had a very good break through year - played a lot of games, he did okay.

This season for 3 months he wasn't up to the standard, thought personally Bryson carried him a lot of the time - last 2 months he has been back to his best, in certain games he has looked better than he did last season.

I didn't like his attitude when the season started, he openly admitted that he had let his fitness go... he needs to work much harder and he'll be a good championship player, for me his ability is lower than that I would expect of a premier league footballer. It's not a knock on him, but he just isn't up to that standard, there are a few centre midfielders in this division I would swap him in for, despite his age.

Meh, don't particularly rate Hendrick that highly.

I know he's played decent the last couple of games, but He goes missing way too often to be regarded a "key player".

Someone suggested we shouldn't sell less than 3 million, that's hilarious - A million and I'd be tempted to cash in.

ARGH!!! Seriously people... the guy is 20 YEARS OLD... he plays a position where you wouldn't normally expect them to reach their potential until at least 25... and he's already good enough to look like a pretty decent midfielder at this level...

Why are you being so short-sighted?

Personally, I think he has been really good for the last 5 or 6 games and is back to last seasons form. I really would be gutted if he was sold and think he has great long term future with us. I do agree that at the start of the season he was nowhere near his best, but appears to have recaptured the form and energy he had!

How's it short sighted?

How much would someone like Liam Bridcutt at Brighton by worth if people are coming out with these ridiculous figures like 3 million for Hendrick? Captains Brighton aged 23, player of the season, shows consistency/rarely makes a misjudged pass. Ran the show against a premiership Newcastle side not so long ago.

I give Hendrick credit, he's done well the past half dozen games. But six games does not make a 3 million pound footballer. Madness

If we sold him right now I think we would get about £2m. However considering how he is progressing and the fact that he will become a regular international player soon I see him being worth around £4m summer 2014. No reason to even consider selling him until then.

Hope your right as I think he has a really bright future with US!!!!! I would also miss all the stupid things that he apparently says lol. Great footballer but not the brightest member of the squad allegedly

I think the first player to describe him as not exactly intellectually gifted was Medi Abalimba - which must make that one of the biggest "pot....kettle....black" moments ever.

Difficult to know how to rate him, he's tidy on the ball, strong athletic and a pretty good tackler and is just about to turn 21, all very desirable traits. Also getting a call up to the full Ireland squad will make a few managers aware especially if he does a good job. If he continued to play at the level he has for the last few matches I would rate him at £2 million, however, his form is inconsistent, and earlier in the season he'd of barely been worth £500,000 which put potential buyers in an awkward position.

You look at the likes of Robert Snodgrass who didn't really set the world alight in the championship, yet he's doing very well at Norwich, so 'average' championship players can do well in the premiership.

Anything over £1.5 million and I would sell, £2 million and I'd be delighted.

Archived