Jeff Hendrick

North_Stand_Ram

Worst player this season? Highly doubt that. Started poorly but not "that" bad

Who's been as bad for the amount of games he has? I'd throw O'Connor in the hat but he's only played a third of the games Jeff has.

He got carried for the majority of the first 20 games, when Bryson wasn't next to him we soon saw the difference with the scorelines.

Don't get me wrong, nobody has been pathetically awful this year but Jeff's down there with some of our under-performers for sure.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But we are playing good football this season ! PS Jeff was good last season. .Winning goal at Forest

There's a level of difference between 'good' and 'Derby legend'.

Marvelous rate? By having a very good debut season, playing **** for 20 games then picking up for the next 8 or so, I don't mean to be harsh but he's hardly improved on last year! If he carries on recent form until the end of the season then maybe I'll agree he's improved at a marvelous rate. Big ask judging on 2/3 of this seasons performances though.

In 18 months I hope he's a great player but he's so over-hyped IMO. He's got great potential but not as great as some make out.

Youth team to full international squad. 18 months. Marvellous rate.

Right give me 1 player who is better than Jeff that the Rams could afford and think about his potential when making your choice.

Andy King.

Youth team to full international squad. 18 months. Marvellous rate.

Nothing to do with injuries or unfit players, no. You need abit more than an international call up for proof. Sammon, Teale, McEverley.. They were/are rubbish yet all represent/ed their country, doesn't really mean anything.

Andy King.

Nothing to do with injuries or unfit players, no. You need abit more than an international call up for proof. Sammon, Teale, McEverley.. They were/are rubbish yet all represent/ed their country, doesn't really mean anything.

I think curtains, Nigel Clough and I will have to agree to differ with you bud. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

The international call up just demonstrates the point. The proof is the evidence of my own eyes where he was the best midfield player on view last Saturday, despite the hype the likes of Majewski and Lansbury have had.

I think curtains, Nigel Clough and I will have to agree to differ with you bud. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

The international call up just demonstrates the point. The proof is the evidence of my own eyes where he was the best midfield player on view last Saturday, despite the hype the likes of Majewski and Lansbury have had.

You have pretty low expectations then, if he was the best midfielder out there he would have affected the game, he didn't and thats partly why Forest were clearly the better team.

I'll have to disagree with you, Curtains and Nige then, that's that.

You have pretty low expectations then, if he was the best midfielder out there he would have affected the game, he didn't and thats partly why Forest were clearly the better team.

I'll have to disagree with you, Curtains and Nige then, that's that.

Maybe we'd have lost without him? You don't automatically win because you've got the best on show in a given area of the pitch so you?

Maybe we'd have lost without him? You don't automatically win because you've got the best on show in a given area of the pitch so you?

Never said we would have won or lost, we could of at least controlled the midfield abit more though. Being the home team, I expected us to do that but we had nothing. The last 20 minutes were probably the worst I've seen from us at home this season, crying out for Hughes and Hendrick to get involved and put a foot on it, if there was clear improvement Hendrick would have. Instead he did what he has done for the majority of the season, float in and out of play, avoiding any confrontation with a sticky situation.

There doesn't have to be a better team. It was completely even stevens. We're just all morbidly confused because neither club has bragging rights about anything at all from the match.

It really wasnt.

Curtains loses so much creditability in his arguments as he refuses to accept anything that might be slighly anti Derby.

Forest were the better side, didnt really think there was much argument in that respect, it wasnt by an awful lot but they were better. They had the more clear cut chances and looked far more of a threat, whilst we had once clear chance which we scored.

Hope our younger players don't read these forums,where they're touted around like horse flesh parading at Tattersalls.I,for one,appreciate the performances they put in for our club and would like to keep them and build around them.If we get to the Prem what are we going to be looking for? Quality.

Jeff Hendrick has imo turned a bit of a corner. He was poor for large parts of this season but seems to have grown up a bit and realised he can PERSONALLY influence games. He is going to be quite a force for us over the next year or two. Football is not just about ability it's about application, attitude and self belief. Jeff has found it. Watch him blossom now.

Regarding Forest, well they came to us with a kind of backs to the wall nothing to lose attitude based on recent records and everything to gain. We did very well to match them. We played the better football, or tried to. Not sure why some seem to not just point out but take delight in highlighting any perceved shortcomings of the team? Probably something to do with delusions of grandeur.

The way Nigel is going we are going to be a very good footballing side. At the moment I'm enjoying the ride.

In fairness Curtains there is more to football than just random potshots from the edge of the area..

A team can be completely dominated during the 90 minutes and end up having more shots than the opposition..

As far as good chances created and how they controlled the match is a better indicator than just random shots or freekicks from 30 yards out...

As for the Hendrick debate, I'm suprised people say they wouldn't sell him for less than $2.5mill or whatever.. Derby County are a midtable NPC club and Hendrick is probably our 3rd possibly 4th best CM.. I think that sort of speaks for itself, he's not that good.. Certainly not worth that price tag people are talking about, especially as the likes of Norwich got Howson, Surman and Johnson for cheaper than that...

The forest game was a fair result. I didn't see them as better on the day. They were craftier in making backs and pushing the player instead of challenging for the ball, which in turn stopped us winning possession, never for one moment thought they actually played better.

I think Clough was at fault for rushing Ward and Bryson in and playing Hughes. All 3 were not fully fit, certainly not match fit in Wardy and Bryson's case.

Hendrick will play in the prem in my opinion (with or without Derby). He has a discipline about him and good habits that managers will go for. Easily capable of being a Michael Carrick in 5 years time.

The forest game was a fair result. I didn't see them as better on the day. They were craftier in making backs and pushing the player instead of challenging for the ball, which in turn stopped us winning possession, never for one moment thought they actually played better.

I think Clough was at fault for rushing Ward and Bryson in and playing Hughes. All 3 were not fully fit, certainly not match fit in Wardy and Bryson's case.

Hendrick will play in the prem in my opinion (with or without Derby). He has a discipline about him and good habits that managers will go for. Easily capable of being a Michael Carrick in 5 years time.

There are thousands of better players in Spain though, you can buy them for £7.50.

Archived