Jeff Hendrick

North_Stand_Ram

What cos i dont massively over inflate the potential/ability of our players?

Yep...

We've got some pretty decent players in there... Players who need time to grow together, and who are young enough to still have plenty of potential... and you seem to be constantly belittling them...

They're not perfect, but if you'd been at the Cardiff home game, or Watford, or Boro, or Leeds you'd have seen a squad with some really decent players...

Players who have been tracked by clubs in our league and above...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep...

We've got some pretty decent players in there... Players who need time to grow together, and who are young enough to still have plenty of potential... and you seem to be constantly belittling them...

They're not perfect, but if you'd been at the Cardiff home game, or Watford, or Boro, or Leeds you'd have seen a squad with some really decent players...

Players who have been tracked by clubs in our league and above...

Logical argument you've got, i dont w*nk off everyone one of our players so im not a good fan.

You dont think every side in this division cant put in great performances on their day? You generally cant base a side/players on single games. If you saw Barnsley away at Birmingam earlier in the season you would think they were a top 6 side.

For every game we've been brilliant there's been games where we've been equally ****, which somes up the 'average' tag line, which you cant see for some reason.

I've hardly been belittling our players either, i said Sammon wasnt very good and Hendrick is nothing more than average, both of which im confident to be proved right about in the future. I rate a number of players to a degree, Hughes (obviously), Keogh, Brayford, Jacobs, Leggy are all good players for this level imo.

Logical argument you've got, i dont w*nk off everyone one of our players so im not a good fan.

I didn't say you weren't a good fan... I suggeste you weren't a fan at all...

You generally cant base a side/players on single games.

I'm basing it on every home game plus the 6 away games I've seen this season...

For every game we've been brilliant there's been games where we've been equally ****, which somes up the 'average' tag line,

This isn't a stats class... We've had some bad games, I went to Palace and saw that first hand... But overall we've been recognised by several pundits and journo's as being one of the more interesting teams in the league to watch, and I'd say generally the times we've stuggled have been more due to lack of experience than lack of talent...

And I do respect you having an opinion that a player is poor... better than someone without opinions... what I find frustrating is that you seem to have no scope to comprehend that the players could improve... that you don't seem to understand that if hendrick continues to improve even half as much every season as he has in the last 2 then he'll be a very good player in 4/5 years time...

I didn't say you weren't a good fan... I suggeste you weren't a fan at all...

I'm basing it on every home game plus the 6 away games I've seen this season...

This isn't a stats class... We've had some bad games, I went to Palace and saw that first hand... But overall we've been recognised by several pundits and journo's as being one of the more interesting teams in the league to watch, and I'd say generally the times we've stuggled have been more due to lack of experience than lack of talent...

And I do respect you having an opinion that a player is poor... better than someone without opinions... what I find frustrating is that you seem to have no scope to comprehend that the players could improve... that you don't seem to understand that if hendrick continues to improve even half as much every season as he has in the last 2 then he'll be a very good player in 4/5 years time...

You seem to have no scope to comprehend that most youngsters are over hyped and the majority dont go on to fullfil the expectations put on them. You could name a number of players, at Derby alone, where people like you massively over rate players potential just because of their age.

I remember reading the same things about Lee Holmes, Nyatanga and Addison to name just a few.

Hendrick arguably stands out even less than they did. He's a tidy footballer and nothing more.

Experience is a feeble excuse, most of our regular starting elevens have got plenty of league experience. Even Hendrick has got about 80 league appearances, that excuse runs thin.

Found the article

[url=http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/2013/01/23/transfer-rumours-jan-23/]http://www.expressan...rumours-jan-23/

Probably nothing but he'll be linked wth a few sides i reckon

[size=4]ASTON VILLA

Aston Villa, fresh from humiliation in the Capital One Cup, will now step up their search for signings and want Derby County midfielder Jeff Hendrick.[/size]

Have some of you lot not been to our games in 2013? He's been our best player this year and was the best player on the pitch on saturday. Selling for under 2m would be madness. He's only 20 remember!

2 million would be a bargain, despite his good form in the past 5/6 games he's still been one of, if not the worst player for us this season who's played the majority of games.

Found the article

[url=http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/2013/01/23/transfer-rumours-jan-23/]http://www.expressan...rumours-jan-23/

Probably nothing but he'll be linked wth a few sides i reckon

[size=4]ASTON VILLA

Aston Villa, fresh from humiliation in the Capital One Cup, will now step up their search for signings and want Derby County midfielder Jeff Hendrick.[/size]

Right.... because Aston Villa see a 20 year old Championship midfield player as the man to save them from relegation?

2 million would be a bargain, despite his good form in the past 5/6 games he's still been one of, if not the worst player for us this season who's played the majority of games.

He's 20, and improving at a marvellous rate. 18 months ago, we'd barely heard of him, now he's in the full ROI squad. 18 months from now??

He's 20, and improving at a marvellous rate. 18 months ago, we'd barely heard of him, now he's in the full ROI squad. 18 months from now??

Marvelous rate? By having a very good debut season, playing **** for 20 games then picking up for the next 8 or so, I don't mean to be harsh but he's hardly improved on last year! If he carries on recent form until the end of the season then maybe I'll agree he's improved at a marvelous rate. Big ask judging on 2/3 of this seasons performances though.

In 18 months I hope he's a great player but he's so over-hyped IMO. He's got great potential but not as great as some make out.

Archived