Matthew Ryan

CumbrianRam

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dont really see the need for another keeper unless its almost certain fielding or legz is going? got two more than competent championship keepers on our books, why not keep them both and create some competition!?

few people mentioned signing this kid and loaning fielding/legz out; whats the point!? unless its with a view to a permanent deal no one really benefits

dont really see the need for another keeper unless its almost certain fielding or legz is going? got two more than competent championship keepers on our books, why not keep them both and create some competition!?

few people mentioned signing this kid and loaning fielding/legz out; whats the point!? unless its with a view to a permanent deal no one really benefits

If he's signed it would almost certainly be as a replacement for Fielding or Legzdins, and to honest, this kid could be a damn site better than either of them in years to come.

If he's signed it would almost certainly be as a replacement for Fielding or Legzdins, and to honest, this kid could be a damn site better than either of them in years to come.

if he has the potential then yes it could be a good signing but only if a deal is in the pipelines for either fielding or legzdins, having three keepers is pretty excessive really, especially considering the ability of our current two

if he has the potential then yes it could be a good signing but only if a deal is in the pipelines for either fielding or legzdins, having three keepers is pretty excessive really, especially considering the ability of our current two

I actually doubt the rumour in truth, as I've only seen in mentioned in one place. It's possible that's it's just an error. Considering that the Mariners have their Derby with Newcastle coming up mid January, all it would take is someone miss hearing "Ryan will be playing in the Derby mid January" as "Ryan will be playing in Derby mid January" and you've got yourself a rumour. I doubt that actually happened, but if I remember correctly that's basically how the Bambang Pamungkas rumour came about a few years back.

Speaking of it if were true though, I doubt we'd have 3 first team keepers on our books. If he were to sign then Fielding would probably be leaving.

Mat Ryan is going to Rangers for 10 day trial....

Rangers have invited Central Coast Mariners goalkeeper Mat Ryan to train with them, according to the Australian club.

However, because Rangers are under a transfer embargo following financial problems at the Ibrox club, Ryan is bidding to earn a move to Glasgow in September when the embargo is due to end.

Ryan is due in Glasgow on Monday to spend 10 days training with the Third Division club.

The 20-year-old, who has played for Australia in East Asian Cup qualifying games, is set to link up with Rangers after Mariners football manager Lawrie McKinna arranged the move with Rangers boss Ally McCoist.

"I was in Scotland over Christmas and spoke with Ally McCoist about Mathew Ryan," said McKinna.

"It is a credit to Mat and to our club that Ally was well aware of Mat's ability and potential and immediately offered for him to join Rangers for a training spell.

"Mat is eager to take up the opportunity and we are sure he will learn a lot from the experience."

Ryan has three months remaining on his current contract with Central Coast.

Reported on sky sports today

Archived