Whats your thoughts on Sam Rush?

Derby born & bred

Yes you may be right actually thinking about the interview.

I suppose it also depends at what point in time they inject cash to cover the losses, its easy to think they do it at the end of the season when the financial position is known but they could be drip feeding of course dependent on timing of cash flows.

The fact that £5.8m was signalled in the 10/11 accounts,as investment made in the following year,clearly indicates that it comes in during the year (the accounts were signed off in March 12,so couldn't possibly reflect anything that may have happened in April-30 June of that year).Hence my comment that more than £5.8m could have been invested in 11/12 (I seem to remember that the amount signalled in the 9/10 accounts for 10/11 was actually exceeded).

Thus,as I say,we don't yet know what has gone in for 11/12 and 12/13.Where I would have a problem might be a situation whereby the final accounts for this year eventually show an amount less than that stated.That's one for 15 months time,however.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it surprised me a little.I can find £44m+ so far (including the £5.8m signalled for 11/12).If this £50m+ is correct,then more than £5.8m must have been put in and/or a substantial amount this year.If the latter is the case,I find it a bit worrying as it would probably indicate a worse cash loss situation than I imagined.

if the 5.8m was exceeded then the amount put in this year may be less than last year.

has the amount injected fallen year on?

if the 5.8m was exceeded then the amount put in this year may be less than last year. has the amount injected fallen year on?

.Starting from 08/09 onwards,injections have been £7.7m,£8.3m,£6.8m,£5.8m (the latter not yet confirmed,but may be taken as a minimum).

Fixed my post hope you dont mind i edited and deleted your posts that referred to my ineptitude.

So despite falling turnover the deficit that needed plugging has decreased?

Thought I was half right,and you've deprived us of a possible Boycie gem 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> .

Can't answer your question because we simply don't know what's gone in.Must admit I find that £50m+ a little perturbing.Heavens,if we aren't anywhere near cash break even this year,I can't see where we can cut much further.

PS If you could edit my post further and add the £1.7m to £6.6m,it'll save folks having to do some mental arithmetic.

Thought I was half right,and you've deprived us of a possible Boycie gem 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> .

Can't answer your question because we simply don't know what's gone in.Must admit I find that £50m+ a little perturbing.Heavens,if we aren't anywhere near cash break even this year,I can't see where we can cut much further.

PS If you could edit my post further and add the £1.7m to £6.6m,it'll save folks having to do some mental arithmetic.

Quite simple really, we STILL have loads of players earning more money a year than the Prime Minster

Quite simple really, we STILL have loads of players earning more money a year than the Prime Minster

Ah,but does he play in the hole?

done

Fixed my post hope you dont mind i edited and deleted your posts that referred to my ineptitude.

So despite falling turnover the deficit that needed plugging has decreased?

As well as turnover falling, wages have continued to fall and the early years probably also included paying up various contracts.

Maybe they've paid off the revolving loan and converted it to an internal loan - there must be some sort of advantage (tax?) for them of injecting money as loans, maybe injecting more in this form helps in some way.

Either that or they've pretended to be oil fridge rich arabs, bought a club going cheap, signed lots of players they can't afford, appointed a comedy manager - all with the intention of watching them go pop and gaining lifelong adoration from the Derby fanbase - surely worth £5m of anyones money.

Maybe they've paid off the revolving loan and converted it to an internal loan - there must be some sort of advantage (tax?) for them of injecting money as loans, maybe injecting more in this form helps in some way.

Either that or they've pretended to be oil fridge rich arabs, bought a club going cheap, signed lots of players they can't afford, appointed a comedy manager - all with the intention of watching them go pop and gaining lifelong adoration from the Derby fanbase - surely worth £5m of anyones money.

Capital costs re the screens springs to mind.Also there's the spectre of the Plaza,though that was stated to be external funding-could never quite get my head round that becaue if they funded themselves,they'd soon get their money back through a combination of rents/increased assets (in other words if they stayed they would get rents and if they left,a much enhanced sell on value).

Am i right in saying that the Sam Rush forum is tonight?

I guess some people on dcfcfans are going, make sure to ask about the safe standing that could be implemented where the away fans are currently. Like they have at Borussia Dortmund.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/57428000/jpg/_57428414_hannover

http://www.j4goalposts.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/050BorussiaDortmund

Obviously I dont think it will look like this but it would be worth asking about.

Am i right in saying that the Sam Rush forum is tonight?

I guess some people on dcfcfans are going, make sure to ask about the safe standing that could be implemented where the away fans are currently. Like they have at Borussia Dortmund.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/57428000/jpg/_57428414_hannover

http://www.j4goalposts.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/050BorussiaDortmund

Obviously I dont think it will look like this but it would be worth asking about.

Tbf the question has been asked numerous times, the club support the idea but without the authorities agreeing there's nothing we can do, in his interview he also mentioned the moving of away fans.

Archived