Derby County v Hull City

froggg

There's no need for that. Why haven't you addressed the points I made? How can neither team have created anything when the game had 3 goals? Clearly there were at least three good goalscoring chances... two happened to be for us...

Kudos to DCFCfranco for admitting we were good defensively and clinical up-front

I have a couple of mates who support Derby and they're good football fans and very honest in their appraisal of both their own team and others. Some on here have been rather insulting to my club, both before and after the game, and I can't say how pleased I am to have won because of that.

Why are you on a Derby forum?

I guess it's because Hull are doing well in the league, and that it naturally makes you feel better and you're looking for compliments from fellow rival fans so that makes you feel even better and perhaps a little proud.. Like it's some sort of great achievement..

If I'm completely wrong, tell me why you didn't sign up last season, or the year before, and tell me why we've recently had Palace fans on here telling us how good they are, but didn't last year, or they year before that also..

Buddy going onto other NPC football fans forums fishing for compliments about your team because Hull are doing well to make you feel better is pretty lame..

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The person who suggested Hull are very much BD like might have a point..

Without watching any of their games this season statistically one could suggest Hull have been abit fortunate..

Of their 14 wins, only 3 have been by a 2 goal plus margin.. 11 wins, 7 of those away from home, has been by a one goal margin (sound familiar?)

Difficult to break down.. Score at the right time.. Score from set pieces.. Maybe Bruce and Billy went on the same training course

I don't think 451 or 442 would have made any difference when several of our players had an off night. Normally good players seemed incapable of defending, controlling the ball or passing it to a teammate. I include Brayford, Keogh, Bryson and Sammon in this, normally our better, more consistent performers.

Oh well, we've won away last week maybe we can on Boxing Day?

I guess it's because Hull are doing well in the league, and that it naturally makes you feel better and you're looking for compliments from fellow rival fans so that makes you feel even better and perhaps a little proud.. Like it's some sort of great achievement..

If I'm completely wrong, tell me why you didn't sign up last season, or the year before, and tell me why we've recently had Palace fans on here telling us how good they are, but didn't last year, or they year before that also..

Buddy going onto other NPC football fans forums fishing for compliments about your team because Hull are doing well to make you feel better is pretty lame..

He's doing a red dawn and going on his own site claiming that he's winding us up.

Without watching any of their games this season statistically one could suggest Hull have been abit fortunate..

Of their 14 wins, only 3 have been by a 2 goal plus margin.. 11 wins, 7 of those away from home, has been by a one goal margin (sound familiar?)

Difficult to break down.. Score at the right time.. Score from set pieces.. Maybe Bruce and Billy went on the same training course

I normally hate your posts but I've just read about 4 consecutive ones which I thought were spot on

I don't think 451 or 442 would have made any difference when several of our players had an off night. Normally good players seemed incapable of defending, controlling the ball or passing it to a teammate. I include Brayford, Keogh, Bryson and Sammon in this, normally our better, more consistent performers.

Oh well, we've won away last week maybe we can on Boxing Day?

You are right but it was because Hull were really well organised and worked really hard to deny us time and space. And when Hull got the ball their movement and passing was very crisp. I think they are the best side I have seen at PP this season

A sad revision of an earlier opus!

Now raise a tankard of fine beer,

And all of you be of good cheer,

The world's not ended!

We're still here!

So keep your glasses full.

If, as the Mayan's proudly said,

The end had come, we'd all be dead,

But hey we live!

And saw instead

The Rams at home to Hull.

We all looked forward to the game

I'm sure that you were all the same,

At times quite wild,

At times quite tame,

Both sides gave it their all!

But, who would win? I heard you ask

In this proud Herculean task,

For only one side

Then wouldl bask

Iin glory, Rams or Hull!

It was so close without a doubt,

With all the flags and bunting out

"Come on yer Rams!"

The Mighty shout

At Pride Park against Hull.

Longfellow wrote stuff just like this,

If I'm allowed to Raminisce,

The score that night?

The sad thing is

Rams one, two lucky Hull!

Merry Christmas to all.

and to Bris...Hope it ain't as rotten as you're expecting it to be mate! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

Good away performance by Ull last night. My big grip was Sammon, didn't win enough headers and that's kinda the idea of having a target man in a 4 5 1, need to win the battles. Doesn't help that we went for route one football though when the going got tough.

Not concerned though, home form is still promotion standard. Just keep that up and grab a few more draws and wins away from home and we've got a chance of making the play offs.

Sammon's not good in the air, though. The whole point of playing him as the lone striker is that unlike Theo and Tyson, he can hold the ball up, nick it off defenders and bring the midfield into play. We don't have anyone other than Keogh and perhaps Hendrick you would bet on to win the ball in the air. We play good football but don't have consistent scorers. Sometimes we will get the breaks, sometimes we won't. It's going to be that type of season.

Unfortunately this time he is. Now I'm only 19 but I have been fortunate to live through the most successful part of our history. This season we're playing the kind of football comparable to Swansea in their promotion season, very rarely will you see a long ball from us; we play it out from the back and create most of our chances through patient play along the turf and the movement of our attack is simply brilliant. Watch out for for Elmohamady down the right as well, he has torn apart many teams this year and looks completely out of place in the championship.

I like Derby, I like your squad, your manager, your ground, support, and overall ethics, and hope to see a good game tonight.

Good luck.

read a few of his posts, you'll get the general feeling towards him then. I personally think the majority of his posts are well thought out and level headed but I haven't seen us receive praise from him once! Well done on your win, we deserved nothing more than a draw and possibly our most lacklustre performance at home this season easily! No cutting edge at all and faaaacccckkkkkkkkkkk all up top!

Just saw the goals on Sky Sports News.

Am I over critical with the goalkeeper on the 2nd goal. I just don't like headers being scored on or in the six yard box, I think the keeper should come and claim/punch those.

Before feeling too down we are a young side and will have inconsistent performances, as long as they learn from this then next time someone sits back we may try something different.

Merry Christmas to you all. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Worst game of season at home for me, no ambition, no tactics, no plan B, beaten by a scruffy smash and grab team with delusions of grandeur, I mean have you ever been to hull???? It's like Grimsby but dirtier :-O

Careful Pinocchio you nose is growing.

Oh sorry, that's for fibbing, not casting nasturtians! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Just saw the goals on Sky Sports News.

Am I over critical with the goalkeeper on the 2nd goal. I just don't like headers being scored on or in the six yard box, I think the keeper should come and claim/punch those.

Before feeling too down we are a young side and will have inconsistent performances, as long as they learn from this then next time someone sits back we may try something different.

Merry Christmas to you all. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I don't think that's overly critical, I think that's right. Defenders shouldve done better.

And merry christmas to you to 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I often read the forums of other teams. Sometimes I join them to partake in the post-match debate, sometimes I don't. I joined FoxesTalk after Leicester beat us 3-1, and Blackburn Rovers' forum after we lost 1-0 to them. Why do you care?

If I'm completely wrong, tell me why you didn't sign up last season, or the year before, and tell me why we've recently had Palace fans on here telling us how good they are, but didn't last year, or they year before that also

You're not really wrong, but as we beat you by a larger margin in our game at Pride Park last season and went above you into 6th as a result of that (with Nick Barmby as manager, no less!), it wouldn't have been too different to me joining up this year. Would it?

Buddy going onto other NPC football fans forums fishing for compliments about your team because Hull are doing well to make you feel better is pretty lame

I think you'll find I've come in spite of the lack of compliments - In fact, I've actually come because of the many insults, which were posted both before and after the match.

Worst game of season at home for me, no ambition, no tactics, no plan B, beaten by a scruffy smash and grab team with delusions of grandeur, I mean have you ever been to hull???? It's like Grimsby but dirtier :-O

This from a supporter of a team whose fans think they're going up because they have one half-decent 17-year-old? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

"This time next year, Rodney..."

Fortunate? You don't win 14 games through good fortune. For the umpteenth time in my life as a football supporter I'll ask: why do fans only define 'good teams' as those who are great up-front, and not those who are great defensively?

Also, you clearly haven't seen much of us this season. We set up the way we did last night because you had lost just once at home. Bruce got his tactics spot on. I haven't read a single comment or match report that's said you had any real chances (in fact, most say quite the opposite). Do you think we play like that in every game? No, as different formations, players and tactics are required to best different opponents.

Most weeks, especially at home, we slaughter teams. Our games against Blackpool and Peterborough ended in two defeats and with six goals conceded. Another year we would have won them both by 3 or 4 goals. Blackburn away was a game we lost. We could have easily had a point. Charlton away we drew, and yet we missed half-a-dozen chances in the last 15 minutes alone. We absolutely battered Crystal Palace the other week, and should have won by at least 3 goals. Bristol City away we won 2-1 in a game that should have seen us five-up by half-time. Millwall at home we were only denied a 5-0 H/T lead by an appalling decision by the assistant referee. I could go on and on.

After our away game at Watford the other week, their Italian midfielder Marco Cassetti claimed we were the best team they'd played all season, and expressed his admiration of our willingness to keep the ball on the floor.

In short, just because we got the better of you in a game you feel you should have done better in, don't think you know everything about us.

So I went to the game last night and can't believe we didn't come away with something. Hull had 2 shots and both of them went in. Call that clinical finishing if you want, but no Hull fan can be proud of that performance by any means. By far the worst performance from a team to come to Pride Park this season and take all 3 points. Fair play to Hull though, sign of a good team when they can play poorly and still come away with a win. Went with a neutral Stoke fan though and he said, and I quote, "How the f**k are these guys joint top of the Championship?!"

My player ratings:

Legzdins - 4 - Good distribution, only had 2 things to do, did neither.

Brayford - 5 - Very quiet, some good link up play with Coutts but didn't get forward as much as I would have liked.

Keogh - 7 - Solid again. Some great last minute tackles and a fantastic leader at the back.

O'Connor - 6 - Again, solid. Played much better than he usually does.

Roberts - 7 - Probably a contender for our MOTM. Solid as always, kept their right winger quiet for most of the night.

Coutts - 6 - Involved a lot, didn't really do much though.

Hendrick - 7 - Another good performance from him today, involved in everything in the 1st half, went quiet in the 2nd.

Hughes - 6 - Bit of an off-day, some good runs and slide tackles but not his usual best.

Bryson - 4 - Don't remember him doing anything with the ball.

Jacobs - 5 - Wildly inconsistent. Lost the ball way too many times. Scored a great goal though.

Sammon - 4 - So frustrating. Touch of a donkey and faded about 20 minutes into the 2nd half. Theo should have been brought on 15 minutes before he actually was.

After our away game at Watford the other week, their Italian midfielder Marco Cassetti claimed we were the best team they'd played all season, and expressed his admiration of our willingness to keep the ball on the floor.

In short, just because we got the better of you in a game you feel you should have done better in, don't think you know everything about us.

I thought you played quite well, and I suspect you're right that you had a game plan to counter our strengths. You played a good passing game, switching the ball about quickly and under control, but didn't move forward particularly quickly.

I don't agree with your comment about our lack of shots - your keeper made one outstanding save from Coutts, and a couple of others that were more difficult than he made them look. The ball bounced and skidded off a wet surface from a couple of shots and a free-kick from us. A lesser keeper could easily have fumbled those.

The strange decision from us is playing Sammon alone in a 451 formation. I realise the theory is that he holds the ball up and brings the midfield into play, but in reality he is not that sort of player. I thought it was his worst game for us last night and I am usually a fan of his.

Archived