Derby County v Hull City

froggg

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are good enough for the top 6 but not for the top 2.

I'd love to agree, but without a proper,consistent cutting edge up front i doubt it....

We have dominted in several games against top half sides, and not won, that must say something.

And with no incoming in Jan i think the rest of the season will be similar, frustrating,shame cos we're sooo close 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':o' />

We are good enough for the top 6 but not for the top 2.

56% possession hardly suggests lack of effort from the Rams Against a team who seem destined for auto promotion.

I doubt it buddy..

To reach the top 6 we need to win more than 50% of our remaining games.. We don't even win more than 50% of our home games and we all know that our away record isn't anywhere near good enough for a top 6 spot..

From a clear statistical point of view, we don't score enough goals away from home and we concede far too many overall to be considered 'good enough for the palyoffs'

Midtable again this season..

I had Hull at 33/1 EW for the championship.. But nothing at the top is decided until May.. It wouldn't suprise me if Hull didn't even make the playoffs, Boro were around top last season at Xmas tiome and faded away..

2 shots on target, 2 goals for them, reminds me of us under Billy 06-07.

Both tmes we hav elost at home this seaosn it s been smashand grab, Burnley were the same.

Looks like bad luck again, but we concede far too many goals from corners. When do we ever score from one?

We are obviously better than last year, last season i think hull played us off the park at PPS ; this year more the other way around. But same result which is sooooooooo frustrating...

I doubt it buddy..

To reach the top 6 we need to win more than 50% of our remaining games.. We don't even win more than 50% of our home games and we all know that our away record isn't anywhere near good enough for a top 6 spot..

From a clear statistical point of view, we don't score enough goals away from home and we concede far too many overall to be considered 'good enough for the palyoffs'

Midtable again this season..

I had Hull at 33/1 EW for the championship.. But nothing at the top is decided until May.. It wouldn't suprise me if Hull didn't even make the playoffs, Boro were around top last season at Xmas tiome and faded away..

more than 50% of remaining games? so thats 12 wins weve got 9 so far so not a big improvement needed especially as weve deserved more than weve got so far.

Beaten by the ****er team on the night. Steve Bruce must be the best manager in the world to get that shower winning games. my only concern is that nigel has no plan b for when teams stop us from playing football, that and our corner defence is shocking!

When we line up 4-5-1 at home the other team Doesn't have to stop us playing we do it ourselves

We were poor tonight. Hardly any moments of real excitement.

Hardly any saves by either keeper

It was a **** game

Fact

more than 50% of remaining games? so thats 12 wins weve got 9 so far so not a big improvement needed especially as weve deserved more than weve got so far.

We need 42 points to make the 75..

So roughly 12 wins, 6 draws and 5 losses from the remaining 23 games..

With 11 at home and 12 away..

If we continue our away record of 1 point a game then we need a home record of W 10 D 0 L 1 of the remaining 11.. I big improvement is needed.. I'm not ruling it out, miracles can happen, but the odds are against us..

We need to maintain or improve our home record.. For example ideally we need to win 8 of the remaining 11 home games and 4 of the remaining 12 away games but throw in around 4 draws too..

A home record of 8-2-1 and an away record of 4-4-4 would be enough for 75 points.. Possible? We need improvements home and away..

We need 42 points to make the 75..

So roughly 12 wins, 6 draws and 5 losses from the remaining 23 games..

With 11 at home and 12 away..

If we continue our away record of 1 point a game then we need a home record of W 10 D 0 L 1 of the remaining 11.. I big improvement is needed.. I'm not ruling it out, miracles can happen, but the odds are against us..

We need to maintain or improve our home record.. For example ideally we need to win 8 of the remaining 11 home games and 4 of the remaining 12 away games but throw in around 4 draws too..

A home record of 8-2-1 and an away record of 4-4-4 would be enough for 75 points.. Possible? We need improvements home and away..

Probably why Cloughie was talking about top 10 in his programme notes - He knows the capabilities of his team.

Easy to criticise tactics. I thought they were too experienced and organised to let us to get going and they may well have swamped us completely with 442. That said, if we defended that one set piece better, we could easily have come away with something as they created very little. Classic away performance, really got the lead then throttled the life out of us.

Whoever it was who said they were like Billy's team wasn't far wrong.

Don't get too downhearted for Christmas all, we'll not see a harder side to beat than that one this season.

Beaten by the ****er team on the night. Steve Bruce must be the best manager in the world to get that shower winning games. my only concern is that nigel has no plan b for when teams stop us from playing football, that and our corner defence is shocking!

I believe the '****er team' is the one that scores fewest goals. That was Derby County. I don't recall points ever being awarded for most shots or most corners. Unlucky, babe.

Now, I like Derby a lot, but some of you on here need a reality check. You are a mid-table team and you will finish in mid-table (and as a lot of your fans - you excluded - are gracious enough to accept that you have no divine right to be competing at the top, I'd like to see you back in the Premier Leagye). Surely the fact that we are second in the league and have the division's best away record tells you that tonight was simply an 'off day', as opposed to evidence that we are a 'shower'? Or are we in a 'false position'? After all, we have no goalkeepers and we have no forwards apart from the inept Jay Simpson and the donkey-legged Nick Proschwitz. No Aluko, no Matty Fryatt, no Alex Bruce, etc.

Just accept that you deserved to lose tonight.

To those of you who aren't utter **nts, good luck for the rest of your campaign (bar your visit to the KC)

Playing 4-5-1 is wrong, especially at home. It showed we feared hull and their away form. Sammon struggles enough but when up front alone he's very poor. Nobody was good enough they were either average or poor. When have we ever won at home with 4-5-1 the only time you play that is a way to a high flying side. Poor decisions from clough. And was does tyson have to do to get a game?

I believe the '****er team' is the one that scores fewest goals. That was Derby County. I don't recall points ever being awarded for most shots or most corners. Unlucky, babe.

Now, I like Derby a lot, but some of you on here need a reality check. You are a mid-table team and you will finish in mid-table (and as a lot of your fans - you excluded - are gracious enough to accept that you have no divine right to be competing at the top, I'd like to see you back in the Premier Leagye). Surely the fact that we are second in the league and have the division's best away record tells you that tonight was simply an 'off day', as opposed to evidence that we are a 'shower'? Or are we in a 'false position'? After all, we have no goalkeepers and we have no forwards apart from the inept Jay Simpson and the donkey-legged Nick Proschwitz. No Aluko, no Matty Fryatt, no Alex Bruce, etc.

Just accept that you deserved to lose tonight.

To those of you who aren't utter **nts, good luck for the rest of your campaign (bar your visit to the KC)

Three words to say to you. Here are the initials FOC

As for deserving to lose - ********. Neither team deserved to win because neither team created anything.

Easy to criticise tactics. I thought they were too experienced and organised to let us to get going and they may well have swamped us completely with 442. That said, if we defended that one set piece better, we could easily have come away with something as they created very little. Classic away performance, really got the lead then throttled the life out of us.

Whoever it was who said they were like Billy's team wasn't far wrong.

Don't get too downhearted for Christmas all, we'll not see a harder side to beat than that one this season.

We haven't had our usual inept home performance against Leicester yet so I wouldn't say something like that just yet buddy

To all those who didn't go don't let the stats fool you - alot of our possession was just knocking it around the back four and playing patterns in midfield that too often ended in squandering possession. I'm afraid tactics played a major part tonight, we lacked a cutting edge and once they scored their second and shut up shop, we desperately needed another striker to play alongside Sammon. Why Nigel left it til 75 mins only he will know, but in that sense we contributed to our own downfall.

Hull were well drilled, well organised, played some decent football and had too much for us on the night. Whilst the first half was pretty even, and entertaining, after the break we barely threatened their goal and for the first time recently at home we just petered out and ran out of ideas. I'm not going to criticise the players too much, they tried their best. They needed some help from the manager tonight when things weren't happening for them, but didn't really get it.

Three words to say to you. Here are the initials FOC

As for deserving to lose - ********. Neither team deserved to win because neither team created anything.

There's no need for that. Why haven't you addressed the points I made? How can neither team have created anything when the game had 3 goals? Clearly there were at least three good goalscoring chances... two happened to be for us...

Kudos to DCFCfranco for admitting we were good defensively and clinical up-front

I have a couple of mates who support Derby and they're good football fans and very honest in their appraisal of both their own team and others. Some on here have been rather insulting to my club, both before and after the game, and I can't say how pleased I am to have won because of that.

Archived